As expected, Ben Brust is a Badger

I now expect Anthony Salter (#3 JUCO prospect in the country) to commit to Iowa now. Plays at Iowa Western and is visiting this weekend.

I hope within two years Fran can have this team to the point that they run Bo the Vulture, Bohannan, Brust and the rest of the Badgers out of the gym.

I don't wish the kid any ill will but I could care less how he does in college. Just another one of our competitors now.

I don't understand why it's necessary to start taking shots at the kid. Seriously, if I was Brust I would have done the same thing. I have watched him play several times and I just don't think he would have thrived in an uptempo system. It seems like some of you want him to do what's best for you rather than what is best for him.

Think of it this way. He committed to Iowa during one of the worst stretches in our basketball team's history. When there was empty seats throughout Carver. Where apathy was as abundant as it has ever been. And he committed to a coach who had very little interaction during the recruiting process. Obviously 'style of play' was a big selling point to Ben. Why anyone is surprised(or even disappointed)at all of this is a head scratcher to me.

I said this from the beginning. If three months ago, you were given these two choices, which one would you choose....

A. We sign our entire class but keep Lick.
B. We lose some recruits but bring in a new coach that energizes the fan base.

Last edited:

Latest posts