As expected, Ben Brust is a Badger

Committed to Bo Ryan per Weinstein.

Isn't "per Weinstein" redundant for anything that concerns Brust? I will also be happy not to hear his name again, hopefully for a good long while.

Also, I'm just tickled to death that the world will once again have free access to Ben's Tweets.

Go Tweet yourself, Ben. :)

Tell me what you think in two years. I think you will change your mind. The J.C. point guard is a one year guy! What kind of program takes a guy like this?

Burky, you're a good man, and your attitude really is the right attitude.

However, as a sometimes less-mature individual, I think a cheap shot or two towards an 18-year-old I've never met seems warranted, in moderation. "Go tweet yourself" works for me.

I do have an issue with a) the way Bo went after him BEFORE a waiver was even initiated and b) the waiver appeal. To me it rendered the rule meaningless.

Tell me what you think in two years. I think you will change your mind. The J.C. point guard is a one year guy! What kind of program takes a guy like this?

Salter will have two years. Coco Ware is the one year guy.

Burky, you're a good man, and your attitude really is the right attitude.

However, as a sometimes less-mature individual, I think a cheap shot or two towards an 18-year-old I've never met seems warranted, in moderation. "Go tweet yourself" works for me.

I do have an issue with a) the way Bo went after him BEFORE a waiver was even initiated and b) the waiver appeal. To me it rendered the rule meaningless.

No worries. I have my less-mature moments as well.

My moment, in this case, has to do with how he was recruited by other Big Ten coaches before he was released from his LOI. I've never liked Bo Ryan, and still feel his arrival at Wisconsin started the death of the run-n-gun era of Big Ten basketball. But I've never considered him slime by any means. That opinion has changed now. And you will never be able to convince me that he didn't tamper with Brust while he was officially signed with us(anyone who wants to consider this 'sour grapes' is welcome to).

Tubby, on the other hand, moved up even more in my book. As much as I dislike Minnesota, they have a pretty classy coach in my opinion.

I thought Ben was going to visit Iowa again before he made his decision? Did I miss that visit? Hey Ben, whatcha gonna do with all that Iowa garb??? Good thing he didn't get a Hawk tatoo like their head football coach.

Isn't "per Weinstein" redundant for anything that concerns Brust? I will also be happy not to hear his name again, hopefully for a good long while.

Also, I'm just tickled to death that the world will once again have free access to Ben's Tweets.

Go Tweet yourself, Ben. :)
Yes, this is true. I got the info from a different source, but I went with the Weinstein approach as that was public info.

First of all I really think Wiscy was contacting him before he even asked out of his LOI and I hope they get drilled for it....

Second of all I hope brust is a bust and never sees the floor.

Don't wish him any ill will but hope he gets "well" received EVERY TIME he touches the ball at CHA.

I am more concerned about the precedent set with the ruling. His case may result in the Big Ten changing the rule regarding transfers within the conference. That could result in a major recruiting snafu somewhere in the conference in the future.

This unprecedented ''suspension'' of the existing rule will inevitably produce hard feelings between Iowa and Wisky fans....not good for conference harmony.
Brust will be caught in the middle, fair or not. When Gordon flipped from Illiniois to IU before he ever signed a LOI, it resulted in extreme hard feelings,and an ugly incident in Champaign with illini fans throwing stuff and verbally attacking Gordon's parents.
Reap what you sow,Big Ten academic committee.

Don't wish him any ill will but hope he gets "well" received EVERY TIME he touches the ball at CHA.

I am more concerned about the precedent set with the ruling. His case may result in the Big Ten changing the rule regarding transfers within the conference. That could result in a major recruiting snafu somewhere in the conference in the future.

Time to move on and dwell on the positives that Fran has started, if their coach gets fired or leaves they should not be forced to have to play for a new coach and system, but if the coach stays then no way should the kids be allowed to change their mind this late. Larson and Brust will be solid players but I have confidence that Fran will bring in players that better fit his style. Hawkeyes in the 2011 NIT!

I wonder what Ben is going to do with all his Iowa gear now, oh well I guess he could take it to good will, one more reason for me to not like Bo Ryan, what I wouldnt give for Iowa to turn the tables and start beating Wisky in BB like they have beaten us for many years

Why? Salter is a one year guy and Basabe was a good recruit for Siena, not for a competitive Big Ten program.

Basabe was receiving interest from The University of Texas according to one article...and with our lack of athleticism...this is a HUGE addition...I wanted to rescind Larson's offer after he got kicked off his HS team but I guess we couldn't...Brust is probably better suited for a slower paced game...

Wish them both the best...but I really doubt either pans out to be anything more than role players, limited potential in my opinion....But that's just my opinion...we're all entitled to one.

Latest posts