Arizona fans verbally and physically assault Iowa fans.......on video!!!

The guest that was on Murph and Andy yesterday, his last name is Justice, anyway, he's a Nebby guy but he said the exact same thing about AZ fans...classless in every definition of the word.

We helped them have a sell out for the game but I will never go back there again.We tailgated with some Arizona Hawkeyes and had a good time but that was it.Just had to keep mouth shut and watch game for what it was.Not all of the fans were bad but when they make fun of our players on there jumbotron by calling Stanzi,Sandie on there caption is classless.Then changing the score all of the time to give them 44pts.Still like Florida to retire over Arizona.

We helped them have a sell out for the game but I will never go back there again.We tailgated with some Arizona Hawkeyes and had a good time but that was it.Just had to keep mouth shut and watch game for what it was.Not all of the fans were bad but when they make fun of our players on there jumbotron by calling Stanzi,Sandie on there caption is classless.Then changing the score all of the time to give them 44pts.Still like Florida to retire over Arizona.

I noticed that about the scoreboard, too. I wondered if it was a glitch or just more d-baggery by the hometown folks.

People can choose not to believe us, but trust me, that was the worst away game experience ever for me, and I won't return to that crappy little stadium.

Nope. No Hawk fan has ever been a dick to a Cyclone EVER. It's all the figment of many delusional imaginations. Shada'srevenge already said that all the stories on CF are made up. He HAS to be right.

Iowa should schedule the Clowns four times a year. This way, you might stay off the hawkeye message boards a few additional days each year when your team gets pounded.

I think you're probably right about some Iowa fans being bad. It doesn't discount the fact that Arizona fans were absolutely awful to us when we were there.

Why come here to pee on this board? Get a life.

Iowa should schedule the Clowns four times a year. This way, you might stay off the hawkeye message boards a few additional days each year when your team gets pounded.

I think you're probably right about some Iowa fans being bad. It doesn't discount the fact that Arizona fans were absolutely awful to us when we were there.

Why come here to pee on this board? Get a life.

What can you say? They love hanging around with the cool kids!:D

45,000 views.....and now KCRG wants to do an interview about ALL the videos Iowa fans have posted about last weekend's game - HOLY CRAP!!!

ISU fans who come to this site after that beatdown they took are complete losers. Worry about you own problems. The Panthers are in town, and you have to have that win for a chance at a 4-win season!

ISU fans who come to this site after that beatdown they took are complete losers. Worry about you own problems. The Panthers are in town, and you have to have that win for a chance at a 4-win season!

Our little sister keeps track of everything that happens with our team better than we do sometimes.There the first to throw dirt in our face without looking in there back yard.

What a disgrace!
I was at the game, and while there definitely was some friendly taunting and “let us who can cheer for our team the loudest†going on in the area I was at, and yes there were also "way too many" Hawkeyes in my area :), there was absolutely no hostility or anything even remotely like what I just saw in that video.
After the game I walked out of the stadium with thousands of other fans in both Red and Black & Gold. I walked about a mile among them all, and saw NOTHING even remotely like this, or even fans doing anything but celebrating (or yawning since it was so darn late).
I am not saying it didn’t happen, because it obviously did. And I am not saying it is not horrible that some people will act like that, because it truly is! What I am saying is; this was NOT the general scenery by far!
I can see that this is taken from the southern end-zone stands. For those thinking that this is a student section, it is NOT! It is what is known as the “Circle-K Red Zoneâ€, which is described as “general admission seating area†on the ArizonaWildcats.com website.
The ZonaZoo (the student section) is on the Eastern sideline.
However, let me play “devil’s advocate†for a second. Maybe, just maybe, it was not entirely unprovoked by the Hawkeye fans filming this. There are other Hawkeye fans around the unruly Wildcat “fans†(and I use that term loosely), that are completely left out of it. It is not an attack on Iowa or their fans in general, but on the ones that also happen to be the providers of the 1 minute 24 second video that shows the Arizona "fans" being morons. It does not show what led up to this incident. This doesn’t excuse their behavior, but please keep in mind that it is a one-sided portrayal of the incident.
Once again, sorry that anyone had to experience this, and I hope it doesn’t keep anyone from showing up next time!
Go Cats & Go Hawks!

By the way; regarding the "incidents" on the scoreboard; the person running it is not exactly up to par. He got the name of the Arizona players wrong, at least through out the first half. Examples; Full's instead of Foles (our QB for crying out loud!), Grisby instead of Grigsby (our Senior RB!). I noticed the 44 a couple of times. Not sure if that was "intentional taunting" or just a complete inability to operate the board. If your "feedback" causes us to get someone else to run the board, you got my vote :)

What a disgrace!
I was at the game, and while there definitely was some friendly taunting and “let us who can cheer for our team the loudest†going on in the area I was at, and yes there were also "way too many" Hawkeyes in my area :), there was absolutely no hostility or anything even remotely like what I just saw in that video.
After the game I walked out of the stadium with thousands of other fans in both Red and Black & Gold. I walked about a mile among them all, and saw NOTHING even remotely like this, or even fans doing anything but celebrating (or yawning since it was so darn late).
I am not saying it didn’t happen, because it obviously did. And I am not saying it is not horrible that some people will act like that, because it truly is! What I am saying is; this was NOT the general scenery by far!
I can see that this is taken from the southern end-zone stands. For those thinking that this is a student section, it is NOT! It is what is known as the “Circle-K Red Zoneâ€, which is described as “general admission seating area†on the ArizonaWildcats.com website.
The ZonaZoo (the student section) is on the Eastern sideline.
However, let me play “devil’s advocate†for a second. Maybe, just maybe, it was not entirely unprovoked by the Hawkeye fans filming this. There are other Hawkeye fans around the unruly Wildcat “fans†(and I use that term loosely), that are completely left out of it. It is not an attack on Iowa or their fans in general, but on the ones that also happen to be the providers of the 1 minute 24 second video that shows the Arizona "fans" being morons. It does not show what led up to this incident. This doesn’t excuse their behavior, but please keep in mind that it is a one-sided portrayal of the incident.
Once again, sorry that anyone had to experience this, and I hope it doesn’t keep anyone from showing up next time!
Go Cats & Go Hawks!

So you are suggesting that it was someone else that forced the irrational idiots captured on video to act the way they did? Did Iowa fans also force Arizona fans into leaning out the windows of cars and scream obscenities? Did Iowa fans force your AD into addressing the problem the U of A has? And it's Iowa fans who have forced the fans of other schools to relate on YouTube and elsewhere the negative experiences that they have had at the U of A? I can understand why you would want to shift the blame elsewhere but surely you can do a better job of it than this.

Hawke,
Let me make it very clear; I do NOT condone the kind of behavior shown in the video in any way, shape or form. The idiots/morons (put whatever you like to call them right here) were in no way forced to be the idiots/morons/etc they were.
I am sorry if that is the way you chose to interpret my post. That was certainly not the intent.

By the way; regarding the "incidents" on the scoreboard; the person running it is not exactly up to par. He got the name of the Arizona players wrong, at least through out the first half. Examples; Full's instead of Foles (our QB for crying out loud!), Grisby instead of Grigsby (our Senior RB!). I noticed the 44 a couple of times. Not sure if that was "intentional taunting" or just a complete inability to operate the board. If your "feedback" causes us to get someone else to run the board, you got my vote :)

I'll have to see the video again, but I don't think that those girls in front (the Hawk fans that you are referring to) took part in the "Let's Go Hawks!" chant. I'm certainly open to the possibility that those filming did something to provoke the 'Zona fans, even if it was an overreaction. But it's also possible that they were responding to those who were doing the chanting. That might be why they didn't say anything to the girls in front. It's a possibility anyway. However, I also noticed one 'Zona fan (who didn't say anything to the Iowa fans throughout the video), that tried to calm down the black woman (it looked that way, anyway), and get her to turn around and just focus on the field. She got pretty combative with him, too. So it would seem that at she is just a confrontational person.

Eastern Iowa's channel 9 - KCRG.com posted the clip and did an interview with me about the clip.....here it is - Cedar Falls Man Posts Angry Arizona Fan Video, Watches Page Views Rise | KCRG-TV9 | Cedar Rapids, Iowa News, Sports, and Weather | Local News

Here's what AZ TV stations said about the clip -
http://www.kvoa.com/news/new-ua-sports-initiative-emphasizes-sportsmanship/

http://www.fox11az.com/news/local/Arizona-AD-urges-better-fan-behavior-103649554.html

AZ's daily student newspaper - http://wildcat.arizona.edu/news/byrne-football-fans-not-classy-w-video-1.1645986

Over 60,000 views now - Interesting to see the response....and that's an understatement!!!
Go Hawks!

Last edited:
The A.D. saying "not classy" is a bit of an understatement. Holy spit.....the more stories that come, out the worse it gets. With all the attention this is getting, I think it is safe to say this DOES NOT happen every Saturday around the country in every stadium. Otherwise, you would have videos and stories like this every week. Also, its not every week that an A.D. has to send out an e-mail telling his fans to not be a-holes.

The fact that the U of A fan punched the Hawk fan, and the Hawk fan took the shot, gave one back, was not lost on me. But then he went after the dad? Really?

UofA fan:

You were at the stadium so you didn't see it but some old dude, and I mean 60 + stuck his middle finger in the face of a kid who looked under ten years old because he was wearing Hawk colors. These are just two incidents caught on video.

We have heard countless other incidents and the fact that your AD has had to come out and issue a statement is indictment enough. You have a severe problem in your fan base. Good luck getting any good non-conference opponents to agree to come there any time soon.

You can bet your house that you will not see the Hawkeyes in that stadium again.

Let me try to figure out how we all should behave here in Tucson, and get back with you. I think I'll start by trying to find out how the Hawkeye fans behave at Kinnick.
I am sure you all agree that this consistently classy group of college football fans should be a role model for all NCAA football stadiums, right?

The fact that our AD decides to say that (and I am paraphrasing) "even a few are too many, cut it out", is nothing but a testament to the fact that the guy cares about it!
Can the same be said for your AD? I guess it can, with hundreds of police officers and private security to keep control, and now dozens of security cameras at Kinnick, he too probably cares about the 30-40 arrests at games in Iowa City.
Sure we have a few problem fans, and they should be prosecuted to the letter of the law, and be banned from entering the stadium again, EVER.
Is Iowa without such people in the stands? It sure doesn't look like it.
Our AD is doing something about it, and I for one appreciate that.
Anyway, we all have new games to go to today. Maybe we all can make an effort to be just a bit more classy this week than we were last week?

As an Arizona fan I have to say, that behavior is a complete embarrassment to the real Football Fans in Tucson. Clearly this is not something that takes place only in Tucson but all over the country unfortunately. I have been a season ticket holder for many years, I do not believe in general that AZ fans are near as bad as some would like to portray them to be. Yes, the bad ones do creep in, however, our AD has been proactive over this last week and has put a few things into place that should curb this type behavior.

I hope the rest of the Hawkeye season is a great one and hopefully next time we can be better hosts and more classy in the desert.

Latest posts