Are you willing to give FM credit?

With the dwindling support FM has on these boards, I'm wondering if any of those calling for his head is willing to give him credit for getting the team to give the inspired performance they did against WI.

I'm not one calling for his head, but I was impressed with the effort vs WI and think FM should receive at least a pat on the back for it. What say you?
I was out of town and pleasantly surprised when I saw the score the next day! Not that we should be beating teams by 18 but that we SHOULD always be a tough out at home. Fran's game plan was carried out by the kids awesome....that's what should be the norm NOT the exception. I'm happy for everyone in IC every time we win. I'm a Fran 2 more seasons guy anyway. Let's see what happens against the foe to the west next. Not sure we'll see back to back wins or even decent performances. However, perhaps watching Purdue beat you like a elementary school team provided the wake up call that the Hawks need to finish strong and make the NIT, which I didn't think possible.

With the dwindling support FM has on these boards, I'm wondering if any of those calling for his head is willing to give him credit for getting the team to give the inspired performance they did against WI.

I'm not one calling for his head, but I was impressed with the effort vs WI and think FM should receive at least a pat on the back for it. What say you?

Like many, my opinion is that while this was a much needed win and the hawks finally played with the effort B1G basketball demands. More is needed for Fran to salvage any goodwill from this season. We need to see that effort every game from here out and we need to win a few more. Beating a ranked team sure would help restore some faith.

Here is a thought....why should Fran be given "credit" when the Hawks win? Isn't he being paid to coach the team to victories?

Here is a thought....why should Fran be given "credit" when the Hawks win? Isn't he being paid to coach the team to victories?

I think the question is more rooted in that maybe Fran hasn't lost this team and maybe there is hope he can turn it around and use the season still to vault into success next year. Of course these matters are still a big if.

So what I'm seeing here is, no credit to Fran for last night's win. One poster even thinks doing so is "shining Fran's pole." :rolleyes: Tough crowd.
If Wisconsin was playing with their 1st string PG and 2G, I'd give him credit. King and Trice are both injured.

Last edited:
We might be on our way to being worse than Lick right now.
One more win and this team ties the '63 team for fewest conference wins in 54 YEARS.

Last time Iowa only won 3 Big Ten games?
THE BEATLES WERE ON ED SULLIVAN.
Think about that for a second.

But yeah, there is a chance they might avoid that distinction, and prolong Fran's reign, by winning a few more.
Last night showed a tiny glimmer of hope with Garza's effort.
But Wisc totally blows.

Oh, and am I the only one who thinks Wisc will turn things around before Iowa?
Wisconsin's starting PG and 2G are injured (King and Trice), so, yes, I think Wisconsin has a better chance of turning things around before us.

One game doesn't change my mind. 8 years with only 3 NCAA appearance with 2 NCAA wins is what Fran should be judged on.
That is a fair assessment, Dean. One thing to consider though is the abject cesspool that Iowa basketball was, when Fran arrived. I'm not calling for his head and am willing to give him a flyer this year. If next year isn't a tournament team, I will be sharpening the tines on my pitchfork.

LOL, 83Hawk, "banned". Whatedo?

His post were consistently not happy with the state of basketball affairs.

Maybe this?

ISU has an AD that actively promotes the university and is committed to winning.

Iowa has Gary Barta.

Guessing what ever was done was deleted. Or maybe we're undergoing a purge.

His post were consistently not happy with the state of basketball affairs.

Maybe this?

ISU has an AD that actively promotes the university and is committed to winning.

Iowa has Gary Barta.

Guessing what ever was done was deleted. Or maybe we're undergoing a purge.
I am not banned. I was banned for about 6 weeks last basketball season (still don't know why...it appeared to be unfair IMO). For some reason it still shows banned in my avatar.

I am not banned. I was banned for about 6 weeks last basketball season (still don't know why...it appeared to be unfair IMO). For some reason it still shows banned in my avatar.

tenor.gif

Is that like being on THE OFFENDERS list by the State and you can never get off? Everyone knows and looks at you funny....

Not really replying to your comment here, 83Hawk.... why does your status show "Banned"? John? Rob?

If Wisconsin was playing with their 1st string PG and 2G, I'd give him credit. King and Trice are both injured.
Tough for Wisconsin. You play with the team you have; not the team you could have.

This question does Fran get credit for beating Wisconsin is goofy.

A coach gets credit for any win.

The fact that it took 22 games to put 100% effort by the 5 players on the floor for the entire game — that’s pathetic.

Latest posts