Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chinese government lies about everything. They actually are saying there are no new cases there. C'mon man.

Three brave Chinese journalists have disappeared after testifying to the truth.

There is a video that you need an onion to see, but shows bio suited Chinese military carrying out bodies from apartments clearing out an entire block. It's like 20 minutes long and is zoomed to some professional levels, but looks quite authentic.

Bottom line I don't trust China's numbers at all. Their own citizens likely don't believe them. Their mortality rate throughout the outbreak trended 30% lower then the rest of the world is experiencing. That is interesting considering the original variant spread slower but was much more fatal.

When people speak about other countries and the accuracy of numbers Covid19 that’s fair but honestly we already have some extremely great data. The cruise ships data is grossly being ignored and it’s honestly probably some of the best and most controlled data we have on this Covid19. Those numbers being almost 1000 cases with 8 dying. We still can’t test everyone and that’s a huge issue when it comes to knowing what the True Mortality rate is for this and as we test more the number going to continue to skyrocket. In my opinion the number of infected worldwide right now is probably closer to 1.5 to 2 million.

Epidemiologists like the UCLA Med School professor says 'stay together by staying apart' and she reiterates that it may be best for everyone to act like they are already carrying the virus and could shed and spread it.

My buddy was telling me he goes over to visit and check on his 91 year old mom and I asked him if he wore a mask. I mentioned to him that it might be a good idea to act like he could spread the virus. We live in Polk County Iowa and there are only 6 tested cases but that could mean really 60 or 600. Plus my buddy just went fishing for a few days in Missouri so who knows.

Epidemiologists like the UCLA Med School professor says 'stay together by staying apart' and she reiterates that it may be best for everyone to act like they are already carrying the virus and could shed and spread it.

My buddy was telling me he goes over to visit and check on his 91 year old mom and I asked him if he wore a mask. I mentioned to him that it might be a good idea to act like he could spread the virus. We live in Polk County Iowa and there are only 6 tested cases but that could mean really 60 or 600. Plus my buddy just went fishing for a few days in Missouri so who knows.
We are staying away from family in their early 60s. Actually now we are staying away from everyone but we've been staying away from older people for almost a week. Its insane to visit someone in their 90s. Unless you want an inheritance of course.

We are staying away from family in their early 60s. Actually now we are staying away from everyone but we've been staying away from older people for almost a week. Its insane to visit someone in their 90s. Unless you want an inheritance of course.

My buddy's mom does have generally good health for 90+ but I agree that it might be better for him to just talk with her on the phone. If he goes shopping for her he can drop the stuff outside the door.

My buddy's mom does have generally good health for 90+ but I agree that it might be better for him to just talk with her on the phone. If he goes shopping for her he can drop the stuff outside the door.

I'm of the opinion that half of the world is going to get this. That means he has a 50% chance of getting it. What are the odds of a generally good health 90 year old surviving if they get it? 70%? Tell your friend if he keeps going to see her, he's got about a 15% chance of eventually killing her.

A lot of people are uptight over this, be it over fear of the illness or fear of the econ damage or both.

Think we all could use a little Grace right now. I'm more thinking about my daughter right now. Seeing her 2x passed out this week at 4am totally out, not asleep is more overwhelming for me than maybe losing my job or seeing my 401k wiped out.

She s had 4 transfusions now this week. Looks like a blood shortage is developing.

You see the 4 politicians helping themselves....ya it's irritating....criminal, but in my world not as important at the moment.

Not chewing on anyone, just reflecting.

Sorry about your daughter and I am praying for her recovery.

It's always good to understand what goes on behind the scenes. It's interesting how plans & exercises end up resembling reality.

It's hard to maintain distance from people when you have to go to get groceries. I went to Hy Vee yesterday, the isles are just packed with shoppers and a lot of food is not available. When you need food, you have no choice.

It's hard to maintain distance from people when you have to go to get groceries. I went to Hy Vee yesterday, the isles are just packed with shoppers and a lot of food is not available. When you need food, you have no choice.

For sure there are situations that make it difficult.

I went to Hy-Vee on Wednesday and bought groceries for meals I planned through tonight. Tomorrow is our son's 15th birthday, so we will order from his favorite restaurant and have it delivered.

I'm of the opinion that half of the world is going to get this. That means he has a 50% chance of getting it. What are the odds of a generally good health 90 year old surviving if they get it? 70%? Tell your friend if he keeps going to see her, he's got about a 15% chance of eventually killing her.

I agree the guy shouldn't be visiting his 90 year old mom, but I vehemently disagree that half the world is going to get this. That'd be 3.5 billion people. That's not going to happen. Just like 2 million Americans aren't going to die from this. People just need to be smart for a while and this will mostly pass.

I need a hair cut and I go to Cost Cutter's, they are closed down for now. Trying to decide if I should trim my own hair or just let it grow. I may try Sports Clips, and I bet they will be shutdown soon with all others if this virus keeps spreading. I see Linn County now has two cases

I need a hair cut and I go to Cost Cutter's, they are closed down for now. Trying to decide if I should trim my own hair or just let it grow. I may try Sports Clips, and I bet they will be shutdown soon with all others if this virus keeps spreading. I see Linn County now has two cases
I've been thinking about the same thing. Cost Cutters is closed in Iowa City/Coralville but Great Clips appears to be open. I keep my hair pretty short but I think I'll let it grow until this blows over.

I agree the guy shouldn't be visiting his 90 year old mom, but I vehemently disagree that half the world is going to get this. That'd be 3.5 billion people. That's not going to happen. Just like 2 million Americans aren't going to die from this. People just need to be smart for a while and this will mostly pass.

I don't know man. Sure seems like its everywhere. If they push a vaccine through really fast it might not happen. Otherwise it will probably come back full force this fall and cause another shutdown. Obviously the shutdowns we are doing now will help.

I don't know man. Sure seems like its everywhere. If they push a vaccine through really fast it might not happen. Otherwise it will probably come back full force this fall and cause another shutdown. Obviously the shutdowns we are doing now will help.
can you imagine no college or pro football next fall and no bowl games, NFL playoffs and Super Bowl?!?!? I'll be shocked if we have the Olympics this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts