Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, that's just the thing. While people like you visit junk fast food joints on a daily basis and are probably on several pharmaceutical drugs, I've been making sure I've been living a healthy lifestyle so I don't have to worry about this bullshit. Nearly all of the people dying from this are unhealthy by choice. Yes, being willfully ignorant of how to be healthy is a choice! My fucking life shouldn't have to be put on hold due to the irresponsibility of people like you choosing to be unhealthy. A few days ago, I saw a line of vehicles in the McDonald's drive-thru with most of them wearing masks. Unfortunately, the masses have absolutely no clue how absurd that is. I'm sure you don't understand, either.

My bmi is 22 percent and I eat organic. What's yours? My BP is 108 over 68. Resting heart rate in upper 40s.

Cholesterol is perfect and great blood sugar. For added mustard, my wife is hot.

You?

I haven't had a prescription since my soccer injury surgery. I bike about everyday and swim about everyday in summer. And I have never had a filling. I use a standing desk in my desk job when not traveling.

For breakfast I had a friend smoothie including dandelions and onions from my garden. For lunch a salad with beans and avocadoes.

I have been sick once in 7 years.

Going for a 3 mile walk with my hot wife now.

You?

Yesterday I hand dug a 25 foot sewer line for excesize.

And so many republican congress people have been voting against increasing the minimum wage for 35+ years it makes you sick. They actually think people can live a decent life flipping burgers at $7.50 an hour and not getting enough hours to be on employer healthcare. An that is another shame in this country with all the people who cannot afford healthcare and many of them are working.
Well for starters it's not $7.50 an hour. It's more like $10-11 and they still can't keep people. Parents and teachers have to be soft on kids these days because they have no other choice and when they do get hired they expect to be able to come in and tell the manages how it's going to be.

I've been laid off or let go five times in the past sixteen years and have found something bigger and better every time. Without having to resort to "flipping burgers". Why? Because I learned from my parents, coaches and teachers well before adulthood how to get knocked on my ass and get back up.

High school kids are allowed do-overs on tests today. Can you believe that? I would have been about a 3.8 student if I got second chances on tests and extensions on projects. Of course in college I was more like an .038 student and I'm not taking grades but that's a different story. I did stick it out and graduate however, because once again I knew how to persevere and stay after something after being knocked down. A lot of kids I knew from wealthier families with higher high school GPA's flunked out or went home because they couldn't deal with adversity.

My bmi is 22 percent and I eat organic. What's yours? My BP is 108 over 68. Resting heart rate in upper 40s.

Cholesterol is perfect and great blood sugar. For added mustard, my wife is hot.

You?

I haven't had a prescription since my soccer injury surgery. I bike about everyday and swim about everyday in summer. And I have never had a filling. I use a standing desk in my desk job when not traveling.

For breakfast I had a friend smoothie including dandelions and onions from my garden. For lunch a salad with beans and avocadoes.

You?

My wife's hotter than yours and I'm getting ready for a walk as well

:p:p:p

Had a bi annual DOT physical just this past week. BP 115/72. Can't match your BMI or food discipline however. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.:)

Is there a fuel tax at the pump??? /

OMG, Are there fuel taxes in Europe? Some of the highest in the world are in Europe.

Here is the latest from Denmark. Prices from globalpetrolprices.com which I linked below. Gasoline in Denmark last week was selling for an average of 9.48 Danish Krone per Liter. That works out to 35.83 Danish Krone per U.S. Gallon. Convert that to US. Dollars with the current exchange rate (.15) and it ends up being $5.37 per gallon. I paid $1.19 per gallon yesterday. Yeah, they have more fuel taxes also.

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Denmark/gasoline_prices/

Well for starters it's not $7.50 an hour. It's more like $10-11 and they still can't keep people. Parents and teachers have to be soft on kids these days because they have no other choice and when they do get hired they expect to be able to come in and tell the manages how it's going to be.

I've been laid off or let go five times in the past sixteen years and have found something bigger and better every time. Without having to resort to "flipping burgers". Why? Because I learned from my parents, coaches and teachers well before adulthood how to get knocked on my ass and get back up.

High school kids are allowed do-overs on tests today. Can you believe that? I would have been about a 3.8 student if I got second chances on tests and extensions on projects. Of course in college I was more like an .038 student and I'm not taking grades but that's a different story. I did stick it out and graduate however, because once again I knew how to persevere and stay after something after being knocked down. A lot of kids I knew from wealthier families with higher high school GPA's flunked out or went home because they couldn't deal with adversity.

Do you know what social promotion is in public schools? In Iowa and maybe in a lot of states ( I know some other states use it) social promotion was put in to just let kids go to the next grade if that is what their parents want pretty much no matter how poorly the kid does in school. It is done because of the social aspect of kids staying with kids their same age group, maybe because of social stigma, maybe so bigger kids who are kept behind dont bully smaller younger kids, there are several reasons.

Anyway social promotion took any leverage away from teachers and school administrators and let parents be totally lazy about making their kids perform. Bad idea but what do you do, you cant spank kids anymore (I am not for teachers hitting kids just to let you know)

Well for starters it's not $7.50 an hour.

FYI, the Fed minimum wage is only $7.25 since 2009 and hour and I was talking about Congress. Not every state and locality has increased it. It is so pathetically low and hasnt been increased nationally for 11 years. JFC that is poor.

And a couple of years ago Johnson Country Iowa and Iowa City made local rules to raise the minimum wage to a much better amount about $15 and the State Legislature and Gov full of Repubs passed a law saying only the State could do that, Not sure if this is still in the courts but:

$7.25 an hour for 40 hours a week full time is only about $14,500 a year. Do you think that is a living wage?

Of course it isnt.

Recommended by U.S. Department of Labor
Minimum Wage
https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/minimum-wageThe federal minimum wage provisions are contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009.
Exemptions for the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/compliance-assistance/handy-reference-guide-flsa#8Some employees are exempt from the overtime pay provisions or both the minimum wage and overtime pay provisions.

OMG, Are there fuel taxes in Europe? Some of the highest in the world are in Europe.

Here is the latest from Denmark. Prices from globalpetrolprices.com which I linked below. Gasoline in Denmark last week was selling for an average of 9.48 Danish Krone per Liter. That works out to 35.83 Danish Krone per U.S. Gallon. Convert that to US. Dollars with the current exchange rate (.15) and it ends up being $5.37 per gallon. I paid $1.19 per gallon yesterday. Yeah, they have more fuel taxes also.

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Denmark/gasoline_prices/

Yep and that is how they pay to build their roads and infrastructure plus they actually want to deter driving and release of carbon dioxide.

You?

You?

I've seen enough conversations between you & Fry to know you're a lardass.

Do you know what social promotion is in public schools? In Iowa and maybe in a lot of states ( I know some other states use it) social promotion was put in to just let kids go to the next grade if that is what their parents want pretty much no matter how poorly the kid does in school. It is done because of the social aspect of kids staying with kids their same age group, maybe because of social stigma, maybe so bigger kids who are kept behind dont bully smaller younger kids, there are several reasons.

Anyway social promotion took any leverage away from teachers and school administrators and let parents be totally lazy about making their kids perform. Bad idea but what do you do, you cant spank kids anymore (I am not for teachers hitting kids just to let you know)
Its not just the spanking, which I don't condone either. It's zero tolerance of harming a child's self esteem. If you do it in any way shape or form you can face consequences. It's little wonder many kids don't fear or respect authority anymore.

Even in the 1970's getting your self esteem bruised helped build inner character. Teachers would have contests and there would be rewards for winning teams and consequences for losing teams. Anyone remember when you looked forward to Friday in math class because that was "timed test" day or "blackboard race" day? Hell there are people in their twenties who probably don't know what a blackboard is.

You sure are a gullible idiot.

You are...it's hard to describe.
giphy.gif
tumblr_nznzhoNAGD1tjakueo5_250.gifv

FYI, the Fed minimum wage is only $7.25 since 2009 and hour and I was talking about Congress. Not every state and locality has increased it. It is so pathetically low and hasnt been increased nationally for 11 years. JFC that is poor.

And a couple of years ago Johnson Country Iowa and Iowa City made local rules to raise the minimum wage to a much better amount about $15 and the State Legislature and Gov full of Repubs passed a law saying only the State could do that, Not sure if this is still in the courts but:

$7.25 an hour for 40 hours a week full time is only about $14,500 a year. Do you think that is a living wage?

Of course it isnt.

Recommended by U.S. Department of Labor
Minimum Wage
https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/minimum-wageThe federal minimum wage provisions are contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009.
Exemptions for the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/compliance-assistance/handy-reference-guide-flsa#8Some employees are exempt from the overtime pay provisions or both the minimum wage and overtime pay provisions.
OK that's what the minimum wage is but very few employers pay it. If that employers competition is paying two or three dollars more per hour then the employer paying minimum wage isn't going to have employees very long.

Some quotes from an RN board for TK. Lot's of post. Tried to be equal.
My 28 bed icu is full! Almost at vent capacity. Absolutely horrific! Montgomery County Maryland

I work in Alexandria, VA, and it’s getting worse and worse. We’ve run out of room in our ICU when we still have so many critical patients, we’re turning other units in the hospital into additional ICU’s. The majority of the patients I’ve ended up ventilating are actually in their 40’s, some in their 50’s. They also announced a few days ago that we’re going to start “reusing PPE”. Getting it sanitized after every shift and using it for the next shift.. it’s scary right now.

same in Silver spring, MD. Total nightmare.

Honestly, it’s so different for every patient. I’ve had patients on them for days, and then they come off them and bounce right back. I’ve had patients who never come off them..But if you want some sort of number, I’m told the survival rate right now is about 40% after they’re vented.

most of my intubated patients never make it out of the hospital

we had a doctor intubate 39 people in one day and they all died. NYC

n my hospital in Boston, our 5 ICUs plus a step down unit we converted to an ICU are full of covid positive and covid rule out patients. Most pts are vented and have been for weeks now, many have died even the young ones with zero to very few comorbidities. On the bright side we've had success with a few patients as well :) and we have all the PPE we need for now. We use one N95 per shift and they are sent to a facility to be sanitized. We are pretty well staffed compared to other hospitals and we have travelers coming in this week.

Terrible in nw Ohio and Detroit

I’m in central California. Super low census. Hardly any covids! It’s weird how it varies place to place!

sc is having layoffs at hospitals because of low census

I’m in Southwest FL. They closed my unit due to low census so I was initially getting called off, but now I’m being floated to the COVID units (which are full of positives and only a couple rule outs). These units are super busy with a ratio of 1:4 and the nurse is doing everything (no CNA or PCT). There are also patients vented in both ICUs. It was mentioned yesterday that we’re going to have to start using the same N95 for 3+ days and reuse gowns.

PA.... Crazy, numbers are going up, not down!!! People won't stay home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts