Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME???

The first ever Big Ten championship game is going to be decided by a FLOPPING PUNTER?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The first ever Big Ten championship game is going to be decided by a FLOPPING PUNTER?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Wasn't watching does that mean MSU played to win, got aggressive and lost...?! That's priceless.

Chad

You don't block the punt, you don't go ANYWHERE near the punter. You also don't run into his leg while it's upraised, even if he held it up there a little longer than usual. :eek:

MSU will be kicking themselves for quite awhile. They gave up a rainbow 4th down pass, and they returned that punt down to the five. They likely would've won the game if the they didn't run into that kicker. Amazing.

Those two teams were really evenly matched, and are the best two teams in the big ten. I do get tired of the locals here in Wisconsin saying they're "clearly" the best team, but I have to give UW props. They're good. So is MSU.

It was the only game on tv that was good. I think it was a good start to the championship game. Great game.

It is to bad as Michigan State would have won the game. It may have cost the Big Ten a second BCS bid.

I realize it's a rule and I realize the MSU player did run into him, so technically speaking, yes - it's a penalty.

On the other hand, it's the freaking first ever Big Ten championship game...you want it to be determined because a legitimate player (i.e. non-punter) went hard after the punt and happened to run into the punter? And plus, did you happen to get a load of the super slo mo replay? The Wisky punter could have easily kept his feet - watch the replay, he clearly lifted his foot up so he could "make it look good".

I'm sorry...by the letter of the rulebook, correct call. But as far as being a legit game outcome - total bs. Load of crap.

Kind of a glancing blow, but I'm guessing that would have knocked down 14/15 people that post on here. If that's Iowa punting, and there is no call, I'd be really ticked off.

Ok, well I'm glad you're all such big fans of the rule books and protecting our nation's most precious commodities: punters...but as far as I'm concerned, EXTREMELY unsatisfying way to end the game.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I realize it's a rule and I realize the MSU player did run into him, so technically speaking, yes - it's a penalty.

On the other hand, it's the freaking first ever Big Ten championship game...you want it to be determined because a legitimate player (i.e. non-punter) went hard after the punt and happened to run into the punter? And plus, did you happen to get a load of the super slo mo replay? The Wisky punter could have easily kept his feet - watch the replay, he clearly lifted his foot up so he could "make it look good".

I'm sorry...by the letter of the rulebook, correct call. But as far as being a legit game outcome - total bs. Load of crap.

Blame the MSU coaches who called for the rush and the player who hit the punter. The ref did his job, the dumb MSU coaches and players ruined the ending.