Are we the third best team in Iowa?

longtimer

You have to say (as much as I hate to say) the Clones have more experience and better talent. The team that seems to surprise every year is UNI. Takes down Oklahoma the other night. they do it with players that the power 5 dont want. Carlson, Louhas and Morgan the last 2 from Iowa City. You have to admit Jake gets the most out of the players he recruits. will be an interesting contest this year

I don't think it's a stretch at all to say that. ISU is clearly the better team as they returned most of their key players, and brought in some solid transfers. UNI is consistently solid and a threat to beat anyone they play.

It's possible. It's also possible we are the best, or will be by the end of the year. I'm guessing we end up in the 25-40th range.

Right now, third best team (and it's probably not even close). Let's hope by year's end they move up a notch but they're a long ways from being a solid, consistent team ... despite the seeming increase in "talent."

Iowa's defense is terrible right now, but their offense should keep them in most games. It's similar to ISU only the clones have a boatload of experience compared to Iowa.

Uni is always a wildcard.

UNI doesn't have guards like SH's. They are good, but not that good at getting to the rim. Morris is going to be a handful as he has been. These early season match ups are always going to point out your flaws. The question becomes, can you do anything about those flaws...can you improve? I think we are athletic enough to stop penetration. Now, Seton Hall just gave every team we will face this season a road map to how to beat us, can Iowa show they can stop penetration and also defend the rim when the guard gets there. They did neither against SH. You have to improve at both. There was nothing we could do to make MG and SAP more consistent at the offensive end down the stretch last year...this is different. I think we can make huge improvements defensively as the guys have athletic ability. Fran needs to challenge Jok, Williams, and Bohanon...and others.

Iowa is going to live and die by the 3 ball and Jok specifically... As good as Cook is he'll have his ups and downs. The defense will still leave a lot to be desired and is there a 3rd scoring option on this team that can consistently get good looks? Iowa has a lot of question marks yet. After whats been seen so far to say Iowa is #3 in the state is a safe assumption. I look forward to seeing how the younger players develop for the Hawks we'll just have to see..

Iowa is going to live and die by the 3 ball and Jok specifically... As good as Cook is he'll have his ups and downs. The defense will still leave a lot to be desired and is there a 3rd scoring option on this team that can consistently get good looks? Iowa has a lot of question marks yet. After whats been seen so far to say Iowa is #3 in the state is a safe assumption. I look forward to seeing how the younger players develop for the Hawks we'll just have to see..

They might end up rated number 3, but if UNI played the same conference schedule, they would more than likely end up behind Iowa.

UNI plays Xavier on ESPN2 today at 6 p.m. . Xavier is ranked so it might be fun to see how good they are.

It's OK for the OP to pose the question even before we've played them. Makes for good discussion and I'd say we're #3 on paper right now.

Latest posts