Are we as bad as we think we are?

Including the Lick Abyss is an admission your point has no merit and was stupid to begin with.

It's year 8, we're terrible right now and only have 2 NCAA Tournament appearances in those 8 years. I'm sorry but if you think those results are good you need to get your head checked.

You’re just being obtuse to include the first 3-4 years.

You already gave up on the point and extended it to 8 years because you gave up on it. Now you’re looking ridiculous.

So stupid to hold Fran accountable for not reaching the tourney in his first year. There isn't a coach in the world that could have taken that team to the tourney.

So stupid to hold Fran accountable for not reaching the tourney in his first year. There isn't a coach in the world that could have taken that team to the tourney.

2 NCAA Tournament appearances and a play in game loss in 7 years isn't good.

Even if you exclude the first 2-3 years, that's what, 2 out of 5? Still not very good.

Worse yet, we're going to be missing it the last 2 years now as well. Fran peaked a couple years ago IMO. Sure, maybe he gets us back again at some point, but it sure doesnt look like it's gonna be a regular thing.

Even if you exclude the first 2-3 years, that's what, 2 out of 5? Still not very good.

Worse yet, we're going to be missing it the last 2 years now as well. Fran peaked a couple years ago IMO. Sure, maybe he gets us back again at some point, but it sure doesnt look like it's gonna be a regular thing.

Look at Jamie Dixon at TCU and explain to me why you should exclude 2-3 years for a coach. Plenty of coaches have taken over a dumpster fire and got their team to the Tournament in year 2.

Look at Jamie Dixon at TCU and explain to me why you should exclude 2-3 years for a coach. Plenty of coaches have taken over a dumpster fire and got their team to the Tournament in year 2.

The school to the West of us had a similar bare cupboard when Hoiberg was hired in 2010...he had them into the NCAA's in year 2.

Maybe not the tourney but he did have a Lick type season . Would anyone on the planet thought Purdue football would have won this many games this year in his first season? It’s amazing what good coaching can do when it’s applied correctly

You are so right . Iowa is really good in basketball. I can’t believe how obtuse I am in my thinking. You seriously win dumbfuck poster of the decade award.
You had to look up obtuse didn’t you. Admit it. You thought it meant “equal to” as in Iowa is obtuse to NW BB of the 80s

Or your brain is “obtuse” Garza’s foot speed.

You had to look up obtuse didn’t you. Admit it. You thought it meant “equal to” as in Iowa is obtuse to NW BB of the 80s

Or your brain is “obtuse” Garza’s foot speed.
You think obtuse is a big word lol. Your intellectual prowess is beneath me. You are the guy who would sit in the corner at a party reading books to make yourself look smarter while chugging a Zima. I’m the guy who actually comprehends what you are trying to read and still walks out the door with the girl you were trying to impress.

This is a good read. Keep at it guys!
giphy.gif

It's year 8, we're terrible right now and only have 2 NCAA Tournament appearances in those 8 years. I'm sorry but if you think those results are good you need to get your head checked.
Fran has never taken a team to the sweet 16 in his entire career. Alford took Southwest Missouri St. to the sweet 16. You are trying to argue with a delusional mentally ill fan who thinks Franny is the greatest coach of all time.

Maybe Iowa City will have a parade like the Cleveland Browns :cool:. That's how bad we might end up being ....

Latest posts