Are we as bad as we think we are?

In order to go deep into March Madness, you must have excellent guard play, specifically excellent point guard play.
It's the one common denominator, at least over the past 20-25 years or so.
Show me a strong Sweet-16 team and I'll show you a team that likely has an all-conf PG and the odds are even higher that I'll show you a Jr or Sr PG, likely a 2 or 3 year starter, who knows how to make their team click and is a true coach on the floor.

That my friends is what we are lacking right now.
WE DON'T RACKA DISCIPRINE - WE RACKA POINTGUARD!!

Most of what I stated are facts and not opinion . Did Kansas steal hinrich from Iowa st or Drake? That’s my point. It’s irrelevant sometimes what a team needs instead going for the best available recruit . If Dailey was a world beater he still would have got an offer regardless of how many guards are on their roster. Competition breeds competitiveness.

Most people would argue the reason we are in this mess is because Fran likes to take best available instead of going after specific needs.

Most people would argue the reason we are in this mess is because Fran likes to take best available instead of going after specific needs.
And what he thinks are players of being labeled best available is an issue. It’s not coaching it’s recruiting that drives college basketball. They all can coach and teach the game . Coach K couldn’t work miracles with this shitshow.

We didn't make the tournament last year so why does it matter what our conference record was. Fran is a mediocre coach and a below average recruiter. Think if Lickliter didn't sign Marble or Uthoff didn't come here on his own.
It doesn’t matter of course because it doesn’t fit your argument. Simple as that.

Imagine how much the MM sucks when a mediocre coach and below average recruiter makes the MM for 3 years. If a mediocre coach can take below average talent then why would MM be your standard.

Uhl did not get an offer from Rutgers, Nunge nothing from Indiana or Purdue . Ellingson nothing from Wisconsin. Moss nothing from Illinois and the Kentucky kid we stole from northern Kentucky . This roster is designed to fail and I blame Fran . Oh and Dailey nothing from Ohio st . Why are we spending energy stealing players only inferior programs want . Yes our roster is loaded with these type. If Fran can’t sell Iowa city he needs to go
Oh, I get it. A kid is only legit if his home state school offers. never mind that the home state school might have that position rostered already or recruiting a kid a year later or have a need at another position.

But it’s a lot easier to say the kid isn’t any good because his state school didn’t offer.

Just because one kid wasn't given a scholarship from the state he's from means nothing. There are multiple same position recruits from each of the states you named plus you have no idea what each team had already or what positions each team was pursuing. Also doesn't mean anything close to these players were inferior. Its just garbage to try to make your opinion sound stronger.
Too much sense and not enough text bombing.
Stop it right now.

In order to go deep into March Madness, you must have excellent guard play, specifically excellent point guard play.
It's the one common denominator, at least over the past 20-25 years or so.
Show me a strong Sweet-16 team and I'll show you a team that likely has an all-conf PG and the odds are even higher that I'll show you a Jr or Sr PG, likely a 2 or 3 year starter, who knows how to make their team click and is a true coach on the floor.

That my friends is what we are lacking right now.
WE DON'T RACKA DISCIPRINE - WE RACKA POINTGUARD!!
Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra

Fran works his tail off in recruiting and I think you may have alluded to the fact that his issue lies in roster construction more than the quality of individuals he recruits. Going into Woodbury and Gesell's senior season when we badly needed a point guard and a center he brought in five wing players of which I think none has panned out. In this last class we badly needed guards specifically a lead point guard and we ended up with two big men along with Connor. Garza and Nunge both have plenty of potential but neither fit what the team needs. Fran recruits best available talent without prioritizing needs and it results in a roster like we have now with obvious holes in it.

In my view this all falls into but one aspect of bad coaching.
This nails it.

Colorado was a solid win, but even a bad team can steal one here and there. Last place in both conference and overall records pretty much says it all. "Why" is a deeper discussion, but this team is bad.

It doesn’t matter of course because it doesn’t fit your argument. Simple as that.

Imagine how much the MM sucks when a mediocre coach and below average recruiter makes the MM for 3 years. If a mediocre coach can take below average talent then why would MM be your standard.

Fran has two NCAA appearances and a play in game loss in 8 years. I honestly don't know how you could say that is good. Mediocre could be considered generous depending your expectations.

Fran has two NCAA appearances and a play in game loss in 8 years. I honestly don't know how you could say that is good. Mediocre could be considered generous depending your expectations.
MM is your standard.
3 our of last 4 years in MM.

You’ve ruined your own point. Live with it.

Latest posts