Apologist forgiveness thread

if we beat Nebraska we'll have beaten them 4 out of 5 years. The MIGHTY Nebraska.

SUCCESS!

We'll be 7-5 and that is a really good record for a developmental school like Iowa.

SUCCESS!

We beat OSU this season and that makes the entire season a good season, no matter how many wins we have.

SUCCESS!

We win and we are undisputed valley of rhe Missouri River and should get every 8 man D1 prospects in South Dakota. Since we beat Minny that probably gives us each 8 man guy from ND as a bonus.

Last edited:
My expectations were 6-6 before the season so we are right on track. Nothing to see here except a great coaching job by KF. BF also doing a great job...solid B for the season.

It wasn't that long ago that we won the most important Orange Bowl of all Orange Bowls in the history of Orange Bowls.
And we shut down the triple option wishbone flexbone read option thingamajig. That had never been accomplished before in the history of football.

Don't believe any of this? Just ask Jon.

I don't like that Iowa lost to Purdue. But I hate Nebraska. Beat Nebraska bad in their house! Make it 4 out of 5.

Buck up, boys, we can still go 8-0 this year! Of course, that requires dusting off that extra special algorithm that led us to the magical 12-0 season by deleting the classic Kirk end of game gag and the classic Kirk beat down from the data! [Apologists love to drop "Rose Bowl," but that's where the conversation ends] So we sit at 6-0 headed into Lincoln! I don't think we walk away 7-0, but at the very least we come away 6-0 while retaining the chance to finish 7-0 in some Podunk Bowl vs Tallahassee Community College For The Inbred Illiterate! If we somehow falter there, we'll still be 6-0 with all the momentum headed into '18. Wait.....won't all of the players who were still so terribly young and inexperienced at the end of this season, still be just as inexperienced at the start of the next season? If not, there's always "that's football!"

Latest posts