Apathy...

Hawkfnntn

Man I hate this but I'm feeling it... It's been creeping in week to week and it's like a mole on the end of your nose you can't not see it. These last couple yrs of piss poor offense has me down and these first few weeks this yr has only made it worse and I don't like it. It's unfair to the team in general and the defense and special teams especially. I was hoping at the start the year all that talk about the Oline being better (without Lindy) would actually be true but deep down I knew better. They just aren't any good most of them. And what can be said about Petras and BF that hasn't already been? It is what it is. The ceiling is as low as it can possibly be. But I can't get up for beating Nevada. I mean we had 2 long Tds thanks to the freshman but beyond that the O didn't do much. Petras was better then terrible but again the bar is so stupid low for him. All this conservative play not to lose crap has bitten us.

Losing winnable games like the ISU one is what's inexcusable. Nobody would have batted an eye if we get bullied by OSU and Michigan. But if we lose to some of these other BIG schools (that aren't looking any good either I might add) and look this inept doing it I don't think I'll be the only one with apathy going on. It'll probably be worse then that for most. Although apathy is pretty dang bad if not worse depending on how you think.

I don't think any of us at the beginning of the season were going to think we were going to lose even more offensive ranking spots, but that is where Iowa is and it sucks. I think most thought we could move up to a possible 80+ O ranking spot, which would be good enough for this team. Not the case so far.

Losing to ISU isn't inexcusable. The style was hard to take.

Hawkeye fans are a lot like Ukrainians. They can take a lot and still be happy.

Losing to ISU isn't inexcusable. The style was hard to take.

Hawkeye fans are a lot like Ukrainians. They can take a lot and still be happy.
That game should have been won. Between the missed fg and fumble at the goal line that shoulda been a W at home against that team. Subtract both of those things the Os poor play lead to that game being how it was. ISU isn't that good. Held them to 10 pts and only the one drive of significance. We ask the D to be perfect but only ask the O to get a 1st down or two so we can flip field position. And a lot of times they can't even do that....

I still blame two things for the ISU loss.......Iowa's putrid offense.......and the officials. In all honesty, Iowa got screwed 7 ways to Sunday in that game. The record should read 3-0 right now. As bad as Iowa's offense is (and yes you don't want to have it come down to the officials bailing you out) they still deserved to win that game.....the touchdown ruled a fumble and the push-off on the ISU touchdown come to mind.

Apathy is probably the right word. The way I'm dealing with things right now is just kind of taking it a game at a time for the most part....or at least in junks. But, after the Rutgers, anything can happen when Michigan comes to town. We love playing them in Iowa City....and they tend to struggle playing here.

Don't really want to think much about Ohio St...that could be quite the thumping.

That game should have been won. Between the missed fg and fumble at the goal line that shoulda been a W at home against that team. Subtract both of those things the Os poor play lead to that game being how it was. ISU isn't that good. Held them to 10 pts and only the one drive of significance. We ask the D to be perfect but only ask the O to get a 1st down or two so we can flip field position. And a lot of times they can't even do that....
This pains me to say...."That's Football". The style was bad though. Really bad.

I'm not apathetic. I just don't give enough of a a shit about this offense to care. But I love watching the special teams and defense, so there is that. It's the sole reason I keep watching this year.

You can replace the word “apathy” with “frustration” in my case.

I still blame two things for the ISU loss.......Iowa's putrid offense.......and the officials. In all honesty, Iowa got screwed 7 ways to Sunday in that game. The record should read 3-0 right now. As bad as Iowa's offense is (and yes you don't want to have it come down to the officials bailing you out) they still deserved to win that game.....the touchdown ruled a fumble and the push-off on the ISU touchdown come to mind.

Apathy is probably the right word. The way I'm dealing with things right now is just kind of taking it a game at a time for the most part....or at least in junks. But, after the Rutgers, anything can happen when Michigan comes to town. We love playing them in Iowa City....and they tend to struggle playing here.

Don't really want to think much about Ohio St...that could be quite the thumping.
The so called touchdown ruled a fumble was actually a fumble theres a picture of it somewhere out there. He was losing the ball before it crossed the goalline.

The so called touchdown ruled a fumble was actually a fumble theres a picture of it somewhere out there. He was losing the ball before it crossed the goalline.
I don't buy that, we were right there at the game....he broke the plane. TD should have been 14-3.

So either your blind or naive to not see the ball coming out and he isnt across the goalline either you can see that on tv. so which is it. When you piece the tv and this picture together hes clearly short.
he broke the plane before it came out.....we were there and close to it....plain as day TD 14-3 Iowa and that was all but ball game. Even Kirk said it was a TD

Unfortunately, we were stuck with a Big 12 officiating crew (at least I believe they were) and they played the part biasedly very well.

Last edited:
That shot is after they punched it out and he was moving backwards, the lunge with his arms extended showed he had the ball in both hands about 3 to 4 inches over the white line. All you need is the break that with any part of the ball.
That is what we saw...the lunge. Agreed. clear TD and that would have been the ball game.

You can replace the word “apathy” with “frustration” in my case.
I think I evolved from frustration to apathy. Hope you don't it sucks even worse. I want to care. I'd rather be mad. I just can't be anymore at the same people for the same thing week after week. It's wore me out

Latest posts