Apathy...

Another topic. Why on Gods green earth doesn't Iowa (and every school) have cameras on all 4 corners right down the line? that can easily show plays like this? It's 2022 we have replay for every cotton picking thing else. But not for where it matters the most for scoring plays?... Pfff
Very good point.

Apathy, as in your don't care or are finished with Iowa football?

That is a really tough spot to be for a program that sits # 19 in total wins in the entire NCAA over the last 10 years.

I get the offense is not good and has been bad for a while now, but still. No interests? Tough spot to put yourself in considering how often Iowa wins football games.

Might we have a terrible season? Maybe... .maybe apathy will set in with me, but I'm not going to get there without reason.

My interests have never been higher, we are one of the best football programs in the country. Enjoy it while we can as I feel this entire thing will be blown up in the next few seasons. It's fairly unknown what will happen but a lot of programs that are not traditional blue bloods, and even blue bloods in some cases, take massive steps back after their legendary coaches ride off in the sun set.

he broke the plane before it came out.....we were there and close to it....plain as day TD 14-3 Iowa and that was all but ball game. Even Kirk said it was a TD

Unfortunately, we were stuck with a Big 12 officiating crew (at least I believe they were) and they played the part biasedly very well.
Stop with the “we were screwed by homer refs thing.”

You do it constantly.

For every questionable call I can come up with multiple coulda woulda shoulda plays where the Hawks screwed themselves without help from the refs.

You do it constantly.

For every questionable call I can come up with multiple coulda woulda shoulda plays where the Hawks screwed themselves without help from the refs.
Everyone experiences bad officiating, the good programs learn to overcome it. Iowa has done ok with this. You'd think with how many PI calls Iowa gets called against them to keep opponents drives alive, that Iowa would be more open to taking shots down the field. High risk, but also high reward. There's a lot of good things that can happen when you take shots.... with one of those things being a PI call.

You do it constantly.

Well, the point is that NO TEAM should ever put themselves in a position to be at that point where one bad call can decide the difference. That is why it is not worth fretting over, IMO.

You do it constantly.

For one, I don't do it consistently. That is not accurate and you know it. I rarely bring up calls unless it is blatantly obvious as I am in the crowd you should not put yourself in that position to allow the refs to decide things.

But, I am consistent on this point. And we were totally screwed by the officials on it......it cost Iowa the game as much as it's shitty offense did.

I also believe as well though...

Just because Iowa has a shitty offense also does not mean they not entitled to a fair called game.

Well, the point is that NO TEAM should ever put themselves in a position to be at that point where one bad call can decide the difference. That is why it is not worth fretting over, IMO.
Which I totally agree with as well. But, that does not take away from the argument on all of the 50/50 calls in that game....every single one went against Iowa. Officiating hurt Iowa as much Iowa hurt Iowa in that particular game. There is nothing wrong with pointing that out...even Kirk said the same thing.

Everyone experiences bad officiating, the good programs learn to overcome it. Iowa has done ok with this. You'd think with how many PI calls Iowa gets called against them to keep opponents drives alive, that Iowa would be more open to taking shots down the field. High risk, but also high reward. There's a lot of good things that can happen when you take shots.... with one of those things being a PI call.
The refereeing deal is a biased fallacy that some people aren’t intelligent enough to see or understand. For every 50,000 people bitching about Monte’s fumble being a TD, there is an equal number of ISU people saying it wasn’t. And they’d have just as concrete reasons why as the people here. It’s hilarious (and proves my point) that guys like @HaydenHawk56 and @Stanzi and @ClintonIAfan and others complain as nauseum about officials, but only that Iowa is getting fucked. And because they only say anything when Iowa is (supposedly) getting screwed, the logic follows that they also think Iowa is the only team that ever gets hosed. Which is 2nd grade-level thinking. I don’t know how else to say it.

It’s like showing a toddler a drinking straw and a coffee cup and asking them which one holds more water. The toddler without fail says the drinking straw because it’s taller. Totally fucking stupid logic for a grown adult.

For one, I don't do it consistently. That is not accurate. But, I am consistent on this point. And we were totally screwed by the officials on it......it cost Iowa the game as much as it's shitty offense did.
Yeah you do. Need me to start quoting? It’s incessant, especially during basketball season.

Which I totally agree with as well. But, that does not take away from the argument on all of the 50/50 calls in that game....every single one went against Iowa. Officiating hurt Iowa as much Iowa hurt Iowa in that particular game. There is nothing wrong with pointing that out...even Kirk said the same thing.
Lolsies…

You just keep proving your ignorance and inability to see a situation for what it actually is rather than through Hawk goggles.

Yeah you do. Need me to start quoting? It’s incessant, especially during basketball season.
Please do. I can't recall any reffing I complained about during basketball season......Fran's tactics sure you can find tons of quotes there. And, if I did, it is not that much on reffing....Iowa does a bang up job itself most of the time that reffing hardly plays a role.

Lolsies…

You just keep proving your ignorance and inability to see a situation for what it actually is rather than through Hawk goggles.
LOL.......Hawk biased...please. Are we living in the Twlight Zone? I'm one of the ones to call out our team's play a lot of the time. But, I will also defend our team when they are getting the shaft....as rarely as I have to.

Lolsies…

In fact, I would say that game ranks up there with the Florida Bowl Game. If you listen to the Cory Brada Show on Youtube....Don Patterson...ex Hayden's Offensive Coordinator...also said the officiating was awful.

All of this said Fry, it really is pointless to start a War over the Iowa St game. It is not going to make a difference moving forward if Iowa can't cobble together an offense.

This is more accurate. I am more on the critical spectrum....which really confuses me where Fry is coming from.
you're 10/1 at best - 10 unfair pop shots at Iowa sports for every 1 positive thing you say in regards to Iowa. It's always made me question your fandom because I don't get that....but, I still value your views and opinion. I really enjoy telling you that you're wrong.

you're 10/1 at best - 10 unfair pop shots at Iowa sports for every 1 positive thing you say in regards to Iowa. It's always made me question your fandom because I don't get that....but, I still value your views and opinion. I really enjoy telling you that you're wrong.
Although I don't complete agree with this and I do agree I'm more critical....but I am certainly a Hawkeye.

Apathy, as in your don't care or are finished with Iowa football?

That is a really tough spot to be for a program that sits # 19 in total wins in the entire NCAA over the last 10 years.

I get the offense is not good and has been bad for a while now, but still. No interests? Tough spot to put yourself in considering how often Iowa wins football games.

Might we have a terrible season? Maybe... .maybe apathy will set in with me, but I'm not going to get there without reason.

My interests have never been higher, we are one of the best football programs in the country. Enjoy it while we can as I feel this entire thing will be blown up in the next few seasons. It's fairly unknown what will happen but a lot of programs that are not traditional blue bloods, and even blue bloods in some cases, take massive steps back after their legendary coaches ride off in the sun set.
In my case the apathy is directed towards the O specifically and how it's being handled. Not Iowa Football overall. I'll still watch and yell at the tv. I've just had my hopes up (with no logical reason to do so). I wanted to buy into what the media was selling. "Oline will be better" (minus Lindy) Petras will be better even though he is who he is. 'young receivers will be better' (although injuries have derailed some of that). 'BF will be more aggressive' when he is who he is he's either doing his fathers bidding or this is how he wants to do things. Either way results are what they are.

It's weird because most of the teams goals are still in front of this team. Yet here I am cup half empty. If Iowa goes on to win 8 or 9 games and not score 30 points (or 14) in games the rest of the way then great. I just don't think they can. To win that many with literally the worst offense in football seems impossible to me but I'll watch to hopefully see them prove me wrong.

Latest posts