Anyone Watching Tonight?

Right now the whole is much less than the sum of the parts. There will be nights when everything falls, but this league is going to chew them up.

I’m about ready to give up on this being a tournament team. I want to see what 24-25 looks like. IMO, it needs to be about 24-25.

I’m about ready to give up on this being a tournament team. I want to see what 24-25 looks like. IMO, it needs to be about 24-25.
That ship sailed a month ago, after that 0-3 stretch. Emphasized by the loss to a middling Michigan team at home. They have 8 wins. There is zero chance they are gonna beat 12 of 17 big10 teams to get the requisite 20 wins for an at large bid. Hell, even in the unlikely event they go 10-10 in conf, it’ll just be enough to get into the NIT.

My only concern for this year is keeping Freeman and Harding involved, happy and invested. Losing them to the portal would be a death blow to any near-term NCAA hopes,

Pretty much what I thought... For stretches we can score and make teams work for it. But we can't sustain anything at either end. Bad TOs and bad shots mixed with giving up layups left and right just isn't any way to sustain success on the road.

Freeman showed fight even though he's overmatched at the defensive end some. But he's learning and will get stronger I'm not worried about him. TP played great but beyond that not many bright spots...

I am on the bench Patrick train but it's not likely going to matter this season. You can't continue to log 25+ minutes a game and have his sort of stat line.

I think Freeman and Harding give me lots of hope but I feel like this is it for Fran. Can the next guy keep the pieces we have and committed or will it all blow up? Probably blow up as most of these guys are coming to Iowa for Fran sans maybe Koch and I imagine Fran leaving reopens his recruitment.

Not a ton of positives. I do think this team will either win out at home or only lose one more against Purdue at home. I thought the effort and focus was better last night, but we don't have anyone down low that can free up any of our wings.

I am on the bench Patrick train but it's not likely going to matter this season. You can't continue to log 25+ minutes a game and have his sort of stat line.

I think Freeman and Harding give me lots of hope but I feel like this is it for Fran. Can the next guy keep the pieces we have and committed or will it all blow up? Probably blow up as most of these guys are coming to Iowa for Fran sans maybe Koch and I imagine Fran leaving reopens his recruitment.

Not a ton of positives. I do think this team will either win out at home or only lose one more against Purdue at home. I thought the effort and focus was better last night, but we don't have anyone down low that can free up any of our wings.
Yeah this yr just feels like this is it for Fran... As fun as it'd be to have this run and gun team be successful I just can't see them getting into the dance. They'll struggle on the road and will lose at home a few times that we'll think they shouldn't. Not counting the tough ones to Purdue etc.

Hope Goetz has her eyes peeled for seeing if Fran has his house listed cause as this yr winds down I just think it'll feel more and more like he's one foot out the door. We'll see.

I'm watching Rutgers right now. We won't beat them Saturday. They're giving a good Ohio State team all they can handle in Columbus. They're way more athletic than Wisconsin.

I'm watching Rutgers right now. We won't beat them Saturday. They're giving a good Ohio State team all they can handle in Columbus. They're way more athletic than Wisconsin.

There is growing sentiment that this is Fran’s last year. I think I am going to join the party on that. If they can’t beat Rutgers on Saturday, the season is over. They aren’t digging out of a 0-4 hole.

Latest posts