Anyone Watching Tonight?

Yeah this yr just feels like this is it for Fran... As fun as it'd be to have this run and gun team be successful I just can't see them getting into the dance. They'll struggle on the road and will lose at home a few times that we'll think they shouldn't. Not counting the tough ones to Purdue etc.

Hope Goetz has her eyes peeled for seeing if Fran has his house listed cause as this yr winds down I just think it'll feel more and more like he's one foot out the door. We'll see.
IMO

Rutgers - W
Nebrasak - W
@Minnesota - L *
Purdue- L
Maryland - W
@Michigan - L
@Indiana - L *
Ohio State - W
@Penn State - L
Minnesota - W
@Maryland - L *
Wisconsin - W
@Michigan State - L
@Northwestern - W
Illinois - W

8-12 in Big Ten
16-18 overall

a couple of those could flip but I don't see any better than that

IMO

Rutgers - W
Nebrasak - W
@Minnesota - L *
Purdue- L
Maryland - W
@Michigan - L
@Indiana - L *
Ohio State - W
@Penn State - L
Minnesota - W
@Maryland - L *
Wisconsin - W
@Michigan State - L
@Northwestern - W
Illinois - W

8-12 in Big Ten
16-18 overall

That's fair.... And wouldn't be good for ole Fran... Neb could beat us as much as I hate to say that. We could lose to Wisconsin again at home too. Like it could even be worse then you're predictions too. I just hope that anyone that came into this season with NCAA tourny hopes just forgets about it cause it isn't happening.

That's fair.... And wouldn't be good for ole Fran... Neb could beat us as much as I hate to say that. We could lose to Wisconsin again at home too. Like it could even be worse then you're predictions too. I just hope that anyone that came into this season with NCAA tourny hopes just forgets about it cause it isn't happening.
It could be better too, but alas, I don't see much of a path to the dance

Also, bench Patrick. If they benched Patrick and ran with this lineup 70% of the time, I think Iowa would be close to making the dance. IMO, Fran seems to be playing for the future, which might not even include him.

- Brock Harding
- Tony Perkins
- Josh Dix/Sandfort
- Krikke
- Owen Freeman

There is growing sentiment that this is Fran’s last year. I think I am going to join the party on that. If they can’t beat Rutgers on Saturday, the season is over. They aren’t digging out of a 0-4 hole.
He sure seemed to go all in on last year. He basically cut the rotation to seven players, which is very uncharacteristic for him. From February on Dix and Bowen got spot minutes at best

That epic Michigan State OT win coupled with the quick turnaround win at Indiana almost seemed like the closing of a book. We still had senior night vs Nebraska, the conference tournament, and the NCAA's and our tank was empty.

While Fran had an idea who he was losing after last year I'm sure he wasn't planning on Ulis transferring. While it probably turned out for the best in the long run Ulis definitely took minutes from Bowen.

He sure seemed to go all in on last year. He basically cut the rotation to seven players, which is very uncharacteristic for him. From February on Dix and Bowen got spot minutes at best

That epic Michigan State OT win coupled with the quick turnaround win at Indiana almost seemed like the closing of a book. We still had senior night vs Nebraska, the conference tournament, and the NCAA's and our tank was empty.

While Fran had an idea who he was losing after last year I'm sure he wasn't planning on Ulis transferring. While it probably turned out for the best in the long run Ulis definitely took minutes from Bowen.

Fran looks tired and his son looks tired. Margaret speaking in coded language, has indicated that she has wanted to go for a long time now. The number of people in the fan base that have “ Fran fatigue” is starting to grow. I’m not one of those people, but I understand those that do have it. It just feels like the right time for a mutual breakup.

I like Fran and would have no issue with him coming back. However, I do recognize how a new coach would/could re-energize the program.

IMO

Rutgers - W
Nebrasak - W
@Minnesota - L *
Purdue- L
Maryland - W
@Michigan - L
@Indiana - L *
Ohio State - W
@Penn State - L
Minnesota - W
@Maryland - L *
Wisconsin - W
@Michigan State - L
@Northwestern - W
Illinois - W

8-12 in Big Ten
16-18 overall

They have to get Rutgers on Saturday for me to even buy into this. If they can’t get Rutgers on Saturday, then we are talking 4-6 wins in conference play.

Fran looks tired and his son looks tired. Margaret speaking in coded language, has indicated that she has wanted to go for a long time now. The number of people in the fan base that have “ Fran fatigue” is starting to grow. I’m not one of those people, but I understand those that do have it. It just feels like the right time for a mutual breakup.

I like Fran and would have no issue with him coming back. However, I do recognize how a new coach would/could re-energize the program.
Players have talked about "learning from this", "growing together", "bonding" but to this point their on court play suggests otherwise. Team as a whole looks disjointed, fragmented, the whole not adding up to the sum of the parts.

Offensive efficiency looks way down and KenPom bares this out. Ball sticks in half court, players hang out in the corner for multiple possessions, key people can't get open and their teammates can't find ways to get them open. Guards were getting the ball ripped right out their hands by barbed wire strong Wisconsin guards.

Defense? Laughable. And if Fran hasn't figured out in fourteen years how to coach or recruit players to play defense in this league he never will.

Coaching? Gard made the proper in game adjustments....again. Klesmit shut off the Peyton faucet by completely denying him the ball. Krikke and eventually Freeman were getting bodied outside their comfort zones, though Owen showed crafty footwork on a couple moves. On offense Badgers were cutting HARD to the bucket and Hawks were half a step slow in reacting.

Let's see what happens Saturday. I'm not optimistic. Rutgers has some athletic pit bulls, similar to a Brad Underwood team.

I'm an old guy. 99% of you have never saw this but Frans' defense reminds me of a chicken with its head is cut off. It jumps around flapping its wings till it bleeds out and dies.The guys jump around flapping their arms till the other team shoots, and usually scores.

There is growing sentiment that this is Fran’s last year. I think I am going to join the party on that. If they can’t beat Rutgers on Saturday, the season is over. They aren’t digging out of a 0-4 hole.
I feel sorry for the players like freeman the time Fran put a team together to make the big dance freeman will be gone.start over again just like Kirk .

Latest posts