Anybody home ? ESPN panelists laughing about our defense,Whar game thread?

Here ya go. I dug this up from an old thread from March of 2015. Maybe you can find one of your posts to support your comment, that's older than this one. Link to original thread and then copy/paste comment in bold.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/connor-mccaffery.69943/

You guys just refuse to believe that Conner is going to play PG for his dad at Iowa. I don't know why. Is it because the scouting services list him as a SF? Is that why? Lets take a look, shall we?
His dad was a PG
His dad taught him how to play PG
He plays PG on his HS team
He understands what his dad wants out of his offense better than anyone on the current team because he's grown up with it for 16 years.
The moment he steps foot on CH court, he's going to know the offense better than any other Iowa player.

lightning1, Mar 13, 2015EditDeleteReport

Ok? But this not why iowa struggled at recruiting pg. That existed previously, and the jury is still out on jt

Late to the game (DVR) obviously late to the thread. I haven't read all 28 pages so I apologise if I'm being redundant.
  • Cook did a good job of letting the game come to him.
  • Garza is going to be legit all big ten, first or second team.
  • Hurley reminds me of a young Jim Boeheim and just as whiny.
  • Effort and defense go hand in hand.
  • Can Connor feed a post or what? And how about the agressiveness taking it to the rim?

Amen. There's only so many shots to go around.

He is doing exactly what we need. A little rebounding a little defense, hustle and making clean passes and driving to the hoop, drawing fouls. The upperclassmen are proving that we don't need Weiskamp to be a star yet this year.

It was probably a reaction to the loudmouthed, obnoxious fans and Hurley

F them

:cool:
giphy.gif

Here ya go. I dug this up from an old thread from March of 2015. Maybe you can find one of your posts to support your comment, that's older than this one. Link to original thread and then copy/paste comment in bold.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/connor-mccaffery.69943/

You guys just refuse to believe that Conner is going to play PG for his dad at Iowa. I don't know why. Is it because the scouting services list him as a SF? Is that why? Lets take a look, shall we?
His dad was a PG
His dad taught him how to play PG
He plays PG on his HS team
He understands what his dad wants out of his offense better than anyone on the current team because he's grown up with it for 16 years.
The moment he steps foot on CH court, he's going to know the offense better than any other Iowa player.

lightning1, Mar 13, 2015EditDeleteReport
You really wanna start posting your genius takes of the past right now? Too bad we can’t revive your OR predictions.

Don't forget Connor parents were both Division 1 college basketball players. I'm sure growing up in a house with college basketball players, Why wouldn't Connor be any good? He will make do well in B1G. He will leave a legacy at Iowa just like his father.

I wonder how Fran landed Garza and got him to come all the way out to Iowa from Wash. DC?
Because Ewing hadn't gotten the Georgetown gig yet at the time... I kinda wondered that too he was a 4 star big guy. Should have had other offers closer to home for sure. Glad we have him dude is still just getting started

I'm glad Fran got Luka on his team from Washington DC but I wish he got this guy too!
tumblr_ls23zz1V5h1qd3ilao1_500.jpg

They would'va give Izzo a bald head!