Anybody home ? ESPN panelists laughing about our defense,Whar game thread?

There was time between the game clock and shot clock. Granted it was only a second, but the shot clock would have run out first. They probably should have just dribbled it out and taken the shot clock violation but UConn kept playing defense so whatever. The shoulder drop into Kriener was more unsportsmanlike than the dunk.

I thought you were anti-Conner. We all knew he could come in and run his father's offense.
No. I've never been anti-Connor. I've been fairly neutral about Connor. I wasn't sure what he was going to give us. I still don't know. Haven't seen a big enough sample size.
I always thought Connor would kill PG recruiting. And I wasn't wrong about that.

No. I've never been anti-Connor. I've been fairly neutral about Connor. I wasn't sure what he was going to give us. I still don't know. Haven't seen a big enough sample size.
I always thought Connor would kill PG recruiting. And I wasn't wrong about that.

You dont know what youre talking about, Fran has always struggled at PG recruiting. His recent pg signing might be his best pg recruit ( out of state of ia) yet

You dont know what youre talking about, Fran has always struggled at PG recruiting. His recent pg signing might be his best pg recruit ( out of state of ia) yet
Fran hasn't been able to recruit a good PG since Gesell. We don't know if JT is a good P5 PG or not yet. Or need I remind you...Ulis, Moore, Carton...whif, whif, whif..

If I were UCon I would be a lot more butthurt from playing like ass on national TV. I guess taking a meaningless play so hard gives you something to rally around.

Fran hasn't been able to recruit a good PG since Gesell. We don't know if JT is a good P5 PG or not yet. Or need I remind you...Ulis, Moore, Carton...whif, whif, whif..

So you agree conner didnt kill pg recruiting then, got it

Didnt really care for it, no matter how its spun, it is a tainted play. I hate to make predictions, cause I am usually wrong, but somehow, should both UConn and Iowa end up in the NCAA tourney, bet they somehow wind up in the same region.

Enjoyed the Syracuse fans though. Don't think they were so much Iowa as they were anti UConn. Guess they needed something to cheer about.

I'm excited about next year's PG recruit, just didn't know if CMac was good enough. Moss on the other hand, has proven he cant be trusted. At this point give his minutes to Wisecamp or Dailey.

I thought you were anti-Conner. We all knew he could come in and run his father's offense.
Here ya go. I dug this up from an old thread from March of 2015. Maybe you can find one of your posts to support your comment, that's older than this one. Link to original thread and then copy/paste comment in bold.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/connor-mccaffery.69943/

You guys just refuse to believe that Conner is going to play PG for his dad at Iowa. I don't know why. Is it because the scouting services list him as a SF? Is that why? Lets take a look, shall we?
His dad was a PG
His dad taught him how to play PG
He plays PG on his HS team
He understands what his dad wants out of his offense better than anyone on the current team because he's grown up with it for 16 years.
The moment he steps foot on CH court, he's going to know the offense better than any other Iowa player.

lightning1, Mar 13, 2015EditDeleteReport