Any chance we don't suck?

Your naivete is touching really.

Your idiocy inspires similar emotion.

They are replacing a front 7. That doesn't exactly scream "title" game on a national level. B1G? Certainly, given how bad the B1G is supposed to be. But BCS CG? I'll mark that down in pencil for a few more weeks.

"Invincible" O$U teams, with a lot more veteran talent, have fizzled in past seasons.

I don't think they have released the current depth chart. On the d line, Tommy Schutt was a 4*. At LB, Ryan Shazier returns: 4* and preseason AA. Josh Perry returns at LB; he's a 4*. Curtis Grant @LB was a 5*. etc.

Great. "Preseason" AA? Like our national champion 1965 Playboy team? Or our 2005 team that was supposed to play in BCS CG?

Yes, O$U is probably the class of the B1G. I wouldn't anoint them as challenging Alabama just yet.

Great. "Preseason" AA? Like our national champion 1965 Playboy team? Or our 2005 team that was supposed to play in BCS CG?

Yes, O$U is probably the class of the B1G. I wouldn't anoint them as challenging Alabama just yet.

Did anyone in this thread say OSU would actually WIN the championship? I don't believe so.

Nobody is challenging Alabama, IMO. But OSU, if they run the table in the B1G, will be in the title game. Guaranteed.

Not sure about "by far". I go back to 2005, when (after Cap One) everyone talked about all we had returning, but forgetting we had to replace a whole DL. O$U may have $EC-like talent (they're paying for it, aren't they?!), but a WHOLE front 7?!

OSU can reload with talent better than Iowa by about 10 times.

And they have recruited extremely well along the defensive line the last couple years.

And when hasnt OSU had good linebackers?

Phil Steele disagrees with you. He's got bama and tosu in the title game. I think we all know at least two other SEC teams are better than tosu. So................tosu could make it to the title game, but they won't be the second best team in America.

yes they will - at Colonial Lanes in December

Just to make sure, you do realize that exact same genius/brilliant joke was used in the form of a picture earlier in the thread. Please tell me there aren't two people in this thread that were tragically left off the "Kings of Comedy" tour.

We don't have Vandenblitzed at QB, so that in itself lessens our suck odds substantially.

But prolly not enough to provide material difference in the W/L column.

Just listening to Northwestern feature on BTN. D coordinator spoke openly about how they had a goal to increase their team speed.

I thought - - wow how open and forthcoming! I've never heard ferentz say anything like that. That is why when Davis talked about Iowa's lack of speed prior to last season it was socking - a breath of fresh air if you wil.

Anyone ever heard ferentz talk about what they need to do apart from execute better?

Just listening to Northwestern feature on BTN. D coordinator spoke openly about how they had a goal to increase their team speed.

I thought - - wow how open and forthcoming! I've never heard ferentz say anything like that. That is why when Davis talked about Iowa's lack of speed prior to last season it was socking - a breath of fresh air if you wil.

Anyone ever heard ferentz talk about what they need to do apart from execute better?

Yes, I heard him say "we need to get to work". I agree though, I'm a fan of Gd's interviews.

Last edited:
Your idiocy inspires similar emotion.

They are replacing a front 7. That doesn't exactly scream "title" game on a national level. B1G? Certainly, given how bad the B1G is supposed to be. But BCS CG? I'll mark that down in pencil for a few more weeks.

"Invincible" O$U teams, with a lot more veteran talent, have fizzled in past seasons.

They are not replacing their entire front seven. kmurp posted this:

I don't think they have released the current depth chart. On the d line, Tommy Schutt was a 4*. At LB, Ryan Shazier returns: 4* and preseason AA. Josh Perry returns at LB; he's a 4*. Curtis Grant @LB was a 5*. etc.

Shazier and Perry return and they have some incredibly talented guys taking over. If I could pick one defensive player from another team in the Big 10 to have on Iowa's defense I would probably choose Shazier. Dude makes plays all over the field. Kind of reminds me of Greenway when he was at Iowa. Plus, I hate Urban Meyer as much as the rest of you, but the guy produces results.

OSU will be in a BCS game. Personally I think they have a good shot at the Championship.

Section 136....here ya go:

1. We squeaked out a win in the 4th quarter last year. Not afraid of us.
2. We gave them their only loss before their BCS bowl game. Revenge factor.
3. Did I mention they played in a BCS bowl game?
4. Iowa's six game losing streak to end the season.
5. IMO, Iowa isn't much better overall this year than last.
6. Historical close games/losses @ Kinnick (recent): Central Michigan, UNI, Western Michigan.

What am I missing?

The fact that a worse Iowa team beat a better Northern Illinois team on a neutral field last year.

1- I would hope no college football team would go into a game afraid of another team. This aint junior high.

2- Different team, different coaching staff than last year. Revenge will only be on the 4000 fans minds that they bring.

3- See above about different team and different coaches.

4- I dont think the fact that Iowa lost 6 games and the last loss was 9 months ago is going to matter to this years edition of the Hawks.

5- You have no idea of knowing which is why you said, IMO. Not really a valid reason.

6- Once again, losses from previous years have no bearing on this years result. Otherwise, Im pretty sure Iowa is undefeated against NIU in their history. If they arent they hold a pretty good sized head to head advantage. If that is the case, Iowa should steam roll them. Is that right?

What did you miss? Im not sure what the hell you had to start with.

OK....forget logic. Doesn't seem to work with you.

I hope we don't get embarrased @ Kinnick.

Lots of potential to do so.

Over and out.

OK....forget logic. Doesn't seem to work with you.

I hope we don't get embarrased @ Kinnick.

Lots of potential to do so.

Over and out.

lulz, whats logical about using past results that featured totally different teams and in some cases totally different coaching staffs as evidence to support your feeling that Iowa may get embarrassed by NIU this year?

Latest posts