Anunoby

Name a player under Fran that didn't want to play for Iowa?

Exactly my point. If players don't want to play for Iowa, then they won't play for Iowa. Kind of goes without saying, doesn't it?

That's why I always get a chuckle out of it when people say things like "I'm not really interested in a guy that doesn't really want to be at Iowa". If the player doesn't want to be here, then no worries, because he won't be.

I see that as a whole lot different than a player who may be holding out to see what all his options are. If we want to pass on guys because Iowa wasn't his first choice right out of the gate, then our pool of potential recruits is going to be quite small. Not like a lot of good players grow up dreaming of playing for Iowa as opposed to Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc. Can't afford to be that picky.

Last edited:
I thought KMG might have heard some inside info. I know the Crystal Ball is all Indiana, and he cancelled the Ole Miss visit after Indiana. I also remember that Uhl's crystal ball was 100% Temple. Stranger things have happened. However, I do agree that it looks like Indiana.

Exactly my point. If players don't want to play for Iowa, then they won't play for Iowa. Kind of goes without saying, doesn't it?

That's why I always get a chuckle out of it when people say things like "I'm not really interested in a guy that doesn't really want to be at Iowa". If the player doesn't want to be here, then no worries, because he won't be.

I see that as a whole lot different than a player who may be holding out to see what all his options are. If we want to pass on guys because Iowa wasn't his first choice right out of the gate, then our pool of potential recruits is going to be quite small. Not like a lot of good players grow up dreaming of playing for Iowa as opposed to Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc. Can't afford to be that picky.

While I agree with you there comes a time when you have to cut bait and move on. The recruit has every right to take his time but if the coaches think they can get someone else they want they can certainly do it. The world waits on no one. Now if we move on and waste scholarships then the coaches are doing something wrong.

Fran's recruiting is becoming worrisome. We keep being the bridesmaid, and never the bride, to ranked players who could come in and make a difference. Couldn't we even get one or two of Hoiberg's leftover transfers?

Yeah Fran is not a recruiter and doesn't have the staff to do it either. At Iowa you need to be able to be an elite recruiter or big time coach, Fran is neither. Northwestern, PSU, and Nebraska are out-recruiting Iowa so far in 2015/2016 classes. I don't care Iowa is 2nd and some say that's good to get Iowa's name out there. Really? When has that actually paid off? Fran should hire Lisa Bluder to the staff to show him how to get it done.

Let me know when we actually land a recruit someone else with a pulse wants. It really speaks poorly of Fran that he can't seal the deal with ANY of these guys lately. We aren't going to take the next step with the current caliber of players on our team and in this recruiting class.

I thought KMG might have heard some inside info. I know the Crystal Ball is all Indiana, and he cancelled the Ole Miss visit after Indiana. I also remember that Uhl's crystal ball was 100% Temple. Stranger things have happened. However, I do agree that it looks like Indiana.

I did and I posted it.

I don’t understand taking 3 SF’s in one class anyways. Good luck playing for the coach that replaces Crean, Anunoby.

It would of been fun watching Anunoby with the other recruits in a couple of years. Iowa will get a couple of quality recruits before its over with. I doubt Anunoby will be a significant player on the Indiana team in a couple of years. They will recruit over him. I doubt Crean will be there in a couple of years. Indiana finished 17-15 last year. That won't due at Indiana.

Let me know when we actually land a recruit someone else with a pulse wants. It really speaks poorly of Fran that he can't seal the deal with ANY of these guys lately. We aren't going to take the next step with the current caliber of players on our team and in this recruiting class.

Walk-ons, though.

Latest posts