Anthony Hubbard

bkim24

JUCO 6'5 forward out of Maryland was at the game today. Anyone know anything about him? Does he have an offer?

stat line:
20.7 ppg, 64% from the field (12 of 38 from 3, 32%), 61% from the line, 10.1 rpg, 4.2 apg, 1.2 steals pg, 3.3 turnovers pg.

He was spotted around IC this weekend hanging with Mel. Overheard a convo between them and Mel was really on the kid to come here and help him and the team out. On paper looks like a solid prospect

No offer yet. Probably won't get one until late in the game. He's an athletic wing that is coming in to his own as of late. I'm guessing he's the backup to the backup plan right now.

Nobody's really been able to confirm a whole lot about him. Supposedly, he's like 25 and has spent a little time in jail.

Supposedly he spent four years in jail I'm not sure what for. Given the correct circumstances I would be okay taking him. He is at least 5-6 years away from his crime so he had plenty of time to change

Hasn't Fran graduated all players who stayed through eligibility? Doubt he'd take him if he wasn't a serious student

Supposedly he spent four years in jail I'm not sure what for. Given the correct circumstances I would be okay taking him. He is at least 5-6 years away from his crime so he had plenty of time to change

Hasn't Fran graduated all players who stayed through eligibility? Doubt he'd take him if he wasn't a serious student

I don't know anything about Hubbard, or if the jail thing is accurate.

Speaking generally, if Iowa State were to bring in a player that had spent 4 months in jail, much less four years, what do you think the reaction would be here?

I don't know anything about Hubbard, or if the jail thing is accurate.

Speaking generally, if Iowa State were to bring in a player that had spent 4 months in jail, much less four years, what do you think the reaction would be here?

The reaction would be "The kid goes from the hells of jail to the hell that is Ames. Some people just can't catch a break".

Wow, just think of the fireworks that would ensue if you guys get him, and he is on the court playing against all of ISU's thugs, including Scott Christopherson! ;)

Wow, just think of the fireworks that would ensue if you guys get him, and he is on the court playing against all of ISU's thugs, including Scott Christopherson! ;)

He'd probably talk to the warden and put in a transfer so he could work out in "the yard" with his new found friends in Cell Block A(mes)...:p

Instead of Gameday coming to Ames next year, it would be MSNBC's "Locked Up".

Or NBC's Dateline: "It was just supposed to be a pre-game shoot around in a sleepy little college town in a sleepy little state in the midwest...but it turned into something much, MUCH different than that...So what happened? Over the next hour, you'll find out..."

Or NBC's Dateline: "It was just supposed to be a pre-game shoot around in a sleepy little college town in a sleepy little state in the midwest...but it turned into something much, MUCH different than that...So what happened? Over the next hour, you'll find out..."

This site totally needs a rep button.

This will have to do for now:

5620f0c371.jpg

He was counseling a young man who was down on his luck. He had left his family and was out of work, selling crack on the streets. One day, Hubbard was walking with him, helping him fill out job applications. Things had seemed to be turning around for the guy-was even reconciling with his wife. They walked into a convenience store to drop off an application, when Anthony noticed his friend was carrying a firearm. He went to take it from him and the gun slid out on the floor and they both dove for it. At that time, a policeman was in the store getting coffee and a donut and rushed to the scene to see what was going on. Wanting his friend to move on with his life and not be taken from his family, Tony confessed that the gun was his and he was arrested and subsequently sentenced to 15 years. He got off in four years for good behavior. The details are sketchy- but he apparently helped dozens of gang members turn from their lives of crime. That's what I heard, anyway.

Latest posts