Anthony Clemmons live stream now

23-25? Puff puff give man. Pass that stuff over here.
We have Marble, White and Basabe coming back from a team that won 18. We will for the first time in years have a post player(s). We have fire power in Gesell, Clemmons and Ingram. Yeah, I might raise my expectations by the fall. Oh, by the way, what were your projected wins last year?

We have Marble, White and Basabe coming back from a team that won 18. We will for the first time in years have a post player(s). We have fire power in Gesell, Clemmons and Ingram. Yeah, I might raise my expectations by the fall. Oh, by the way, what were your projected wins last year?

All that was missing was a "Checkmate"...

Well played, Mauer...:D

I am excited about the future of Iowa bb with Fran at the helm.
But, I am sobered by what I see happening in the rest of the league.
I am going to stay positive by clinging to the hope that the high tide will raise all boats and the Big Ten will get 8 or 9 bids to the NCAA starting next year!
With Mbakwe coming back to Minny, I have to move them ahead of the Hawks next year,along with OSU,MSU,Mich,IU,and Wisky. That puts the Hawks in a battle with PU,Ill,and NW for that 7th seed in the league and hopefully one of 7-9 bids to the Dance!
The recruiting classes coming into this league next fall are insane!

I am going to stay positive by clinging to the hope that the high tide will raise all boats and the Big Ten will get 8 or 9 bids to the NCAA starting next year!
With Mbakwe coming back to Minny, I have to move them ahead of the Hawks next year,along with OSU,MSU,Mich,IU,and Wisky. That puts the Hawks in a battle with PU,Ill,and NW for that 7th seed in the league and hopefully one of 7-9 bids to the Dance!

I'm not putting Iowa behind any team, let alone 2, that the Hawks knocked off twice THIS year...bring 'em on...all of them! That's what makes it fun!

I'm not putting Iowa behind any team, let alone 2, that the Hawks knocked off twice THIS year...bring 'em on...all of them! That's what makes it fun!

If MN had Mbwakwebawka, I don't know that Iowa would have beat them twice...much less once. He was their best player and they would have been able to run, rebound and block shots with any team in the league.

Agree! Iowa generally is considered to have a top twenty-five recruiting class. Yet, it only is considered to be the fifth best class in the Big Ten. It's like a nuclear arms race. Plus, O$U may not bring in any recruits this year.

Iowa could be significantly better next year & still finish seventh in the conference.

If MN had Mbwakwebawka, I don't know that Iowa would have beat them twice...much less once. He was their best player and they would have been able to run, rebound and block shots with any team in the league.

True...but they didn't have him...and they also lose the other cog that helped them dominate Iowa down low in the past(RSIII). I'm not scared...not with what's here and what's coming...even if it won't be easy.

Edit: By the way, you nailed that spelling on Trevor...Whatyousaid's name! I wasn't about to attempt it!

Last edited:

That is true, but what is also true is Iowa didn't have players that could matchup to him or RS3. The two of them together equalled a nightmare for Iowa. However, Iowa will have the size to matchup to him and with Mbakwe coming back, does that move Williams back to the 3, if so, that is a huge negative for him because he is limited about as much as Eric May is offensively.

Here is my hope, that Basabe, McCabe and White all see who is coming in next season and have a ton of urgency in the offseason, if they don't one will lose significant playing time, probably not White in the end. The size Iowa has will only help them matchup better to teams and not get totally drilled on the glass game in and game out against teams with frontcourt advantages like this year. The other thing, Iowa will have enough frontcourt players to be able to go big or small depending on what Fran wants to do. This will help Iowa impose its game on other teams, rather than other teams impose its style on them. When was the last time Iowa had a roster full of enough players to be able to do that?

Agree! Iowa generally is considered to have a top twenty-five recruiting class. Yet, it only is considered to be the fifth best class in the Big Ten. It's like a nuclear arms race. Plus, O$U may not bring in any recruits this year.

Iowa could be significantly better next year & still finish seventh in the conference.

I would agree most years with this. The classes ahead of Iowa right now are brining in kids that will have to fill major voids on their roster, MSU and Indiana being the exception right now, throw Michigan in there if Burke leaves, put Indiana in that mix too if Zeller leaves.

The advantage Iowa has today, is they lose Gatens as its main contributor. Iowa brings in five players that can just play as Iowa has some proven entities. Marble, White, McCabe and Basabe have all proven to be capable players, each has had monster games this season and Marble/White have been leaders all season long. Losing Gatens is going to hurt, however, if Marble/White/Oglesby can make up for his production; White/Marble can make up for his leadership loss. Don't count out Gesell/Clemmons being significant leaders for this team as well, each appear to have the right head to play PG in the BIG.

Watch No. 23 for Sexton, he is a freshman and around 6'8" he was the first guy off the bench in the Quarterfinal game and was impressive. If No. 50 gets in foul trouble, watch for him, he has a lot of talent and plays hard, just a little weak at this point, but you can see the ability...maybe a 2015 recruit?

Bring them on...
One and all...
The bigger they are...
The harder they fall...

6a00e54f818b98883301310f5191ae970c-320wi

:D

Latest posts