Anthony Clemmons live stream now

Forbes gets points but Clemmons is the more complete player.
I really like Anthony. He looked better than Valentine, the highly touted MSU recruit. At least the parts I watched......

Also liked the jump shot and dunk among the layups he had.....

Anthony looks very composed and in the action most of the time, like Aaron is, always around the ball causing problems for the opponents.....

Next season looks better and better.....

idk, the announcers were really talking him up and he shot a lot.

Did he play for Sexton? Sexton did have another guard that was pretty good, I think the University of Toledo was interested in him. I saw a guy there that looked like a scout at their quarterfinal game and he was talking to Sexton's coach, the gentleman was also making notes when this kid shot. I can't find the program, but if he plays for Sexton, I am pretty sure his number is 4.

If that is the kid, then you are absolutely correct...Clemmons is a much better player. The thing with Clemmons, he just plays, not a lot of show and doesn't get much negative attention because of his play.

Edit: I just looked at the final box score, that is the same kid...he does shoot a lot; looks like he shot better tonight than Tuesday...Clemmons certainly did; just don't like seeing 6 to's though.

Last edited:
Did he play for Sexton? Sexton did have another guard that was pretty good, I think the University of Toledo was interested in him. I saw a guy there that looked like a scout at their quarterfinal game and he was talking to Sexton's coach, the gentleman was also making notes when this kid shot. I can't find the program, but if he plays for Sexton, I am pretty sure his number is 4.

If that is the kid, then you are absolutely correct...Clemmons is a much better player. The thing with Clemmons, he just plays, not a lot of show and doesn't get much negative attention because of his play.

Edit: I just looked at the final box score, that is the same kid...he does shoot a lot; looks like he shot better tonight than Tuesday...Clemmons certainly did; just don't like seeing 6 to's though.

Forbes is an excellent player and Toledo I believe has offered. As I have consistantly stated from the time we signed Clemmons, he is the real deal athlete that we need. With him and Ingram, and Gesell, we are going to have the kind of guards that we had back in the day of Ronnie Lester and Kenny Arnold. There will not be a drop off when we sub.

I also have been raving about Meyer and although I don't think he will be equal to White next year, he will be very stong. I see Fran pulling in a few athletes from the east coast and or juco for the wing position. We will be good and probably a 23-25 win team next year. Great things are ahead. Clemmons will be so solid that it will be hard to keep him off the court. Go Hawks!!!!

Sexton has three high majors, at least. I was talking with Roy Marble about Clemmons..he's real high on him and several of his friends from back in Michigan have been in his ear about him. Clemmons has been playing against a better level of competition than probably any other Iowa recruit, in season.

I think he definitely looked like he can contribute next year. Start or not he will play significant minutes.

I may be crazy, but the more I read about Clemmons and Meyer, I think next years class can have as much impact on Hawkeye basketball as the '07 recruiting class, featuring Robbie Hummel, JaJuan Johnson, and E'Twuan Moore, had on Purdue hoops. Purdue was terrible for a few years, turned it around in '06-'07, then brought in that class and has been a top-5 team in the Big Ten since then. I think the current crop of Hawkeye recruits could mean the same thing to Iowa.

I caught the last quarter of tonight's game, but will be tuning in tomorrow night to watch the championship! Anthony is going to be a great addition and when combined with our other incoming recruits, it is hard not to get very excited!

I may be crazy, but the more I read about Clemmons and Meyer, I think next years class can have as much impact on Hawkeye basketball as the '07 recruiting class, featuring Robbie Hummel, JaJuan Johnson, and E'Twuan Moore, had on Purdue hoops. Purdue was terrible for a few years, turned it around in '06-'07, then brought in that class and has been a top-5 team in the Big Ten since then. I think the current crop of Hawkeye recruits could mean the same thing to Iowa.

I'm with Jumper on this one. I am really high on the three recruits nobody seems to talk about all that much. Clemmons can score and is over shadowed by the coaches kid. If he can play good D, which they say he is good at, then we will be happy campers in IC!

Kyle Meyer is another one that could be good. The guy runs the floor great. He has good hands and he can pass. He isn't afraid to take on someone on the defensive end. He can score on the inside and has a good jumper that will spread interior defenses. He plays on one of the best AAU teams in the south & the best in Georgia. Everyone on his team will be going high D1. That says something and is great experience....

I like Patrick Ingram as well. They say he plays good D and is athletic. I would like to see more on the fella. But from what I have seen, he can score thru a crowd much like Andre Woolridge. I'm not saying he is going to be Andre, that would be ridiculous without seeing him play more, but watch him score in a crowd.... You will like it.

Fran kicksass. That is all.

I love that they streamed this...Gesell and Woody get most of the attention, but there's more to this class than just those 2 guys...all 5 are going to help this program...and I can't believe I'm this excited and the season doesn't start til late october...damn, I hate summer and fall!

Edit: Whoa, whoa, whoa...not sure where I was going with that last comment...sorry about that! :eek:

Latest posts