another new recruit

All I've got out of the last 3+ pages of this thread is that the only thing that matters is wins and loses and that these 2 & 3* guys aren't going to get it done. Then I read about how disappointed most are in these recruits and that our staff had all of bowl season to recruit and we should have a better class, because since no bowl game we expect those coaches to go out and bring in a top 25 class, because no one will remember we finished 4-8 because we've been out recruiting when we'd usually be preparing.

I'm sorry, but this is some of the dumbest stuff I've ever heard. We are a 4-8 team this season coming, regardless of what we did during bowl season and the additional recruiting we're not in a position where we should be able to bring in 4* talent at this point. Rather than accepting that, we think it's better to belittle the coaching staff and complain about bringing in quality players that want to be here and haven't been scared off. Indiana, Minnesota, and ISU are recruiting quality still having success because they're winning at a level above or on equal ground to where they should be or have been. It wasn't long ago that we were winning 8 games a year and recruits see a 4 win season and it just doesn't do it for them. IMO so many just sound like spoiled brats that can't accept the fact that were not in a position to bring in 4* recruits at this point in time and rather than accept that fact and be happy about who we are getting we complain. Rant over.

All I've got out of the last 3+ pages of this thread is that the only thing that matters is wins and loses and that these 2 & 3* guys aren't going to get it done. Then I read about how disappointed most are in these recruits and that our staff had all of bowl season to recruit and we should have a better class, because since no bowl game we expect those coaches to go out and bring in a top 25 class, because no one will remember we finished 4-8 because we've been out recruiting when we'd usually be preparing.

I'm sorry, but this is some of the dumbest stuff I've ever heard. We are a 4-8 team this season coming, regardless of what we did during bowl season and the additional recruiting we're not in a position where we should be able to bring in 4* talent at this point. Rather than accepting that, we think it's better to belittle the coaching staff and complain about bringing in quality players that want to be here and haven't been scared off. Indiana, Minnesota, and ISU are recruiting quality still having success because they're winning at a level above or on equal ground to where they should be or have been. It wasn't long ago that we were winning 8 games a year and recruits see a 4 win season and it just doesn't do it for them. IMO so many just sound like spoiled brats that can't accept the fact that were not in a position to bring in 4* recruits at this point in time and rather than accept that fact and be happy about who we are getting we complain. Rant over.

Amen brother! Spoiled brats! We are not in a position to bring in 4* recruits and that is in no way Captain Kirk's fault. Kirk is working at least 9 to 5 almost every day I bet and doing all of the good coaching things. This is the fault of all of the spoiled brats with the hurt butts. How can you expect Captain Kirk to compete equally with Indiana which has Indianapolis of a city in it, or Minnesota which also has a Minneapolis in it. Quit crying about these 2* players that Iowa is getting. These are guys that want to be here. They want to play for Captain Kirk. That is what we need. Not a bunch of superior athletes that are physically able to match the competition. Any hawkeyes fan knows this stuff.

[/B]Amen brother! Spoiled brats! We are not in a position to bring in 4* recruits and that is in no way Captain Kirk's fault. Kirk is working at least 9 to 5 almost every day I bet and doing all of the good coaching things. This is the fault of all of the spoiled brats with the hurt butts. How can you expect Captain Kirk to compete equally with Indiana which has Indianapolis of a city in it, or Minnesota which also has a Minneapolis in it. Quit crying about these 2* players that Iowa is getting. These are guys that want to be here. They want to play for Captain Kirk. That is what we need. Not a bunch of superior athletes that are physically able to match the competition. Any hawkeyes fan knows this stuff.

I'm not saying it's in no way the captain's fault, I'm saying that based on the body of recent work, its simply illogical to expect a top recruiting class at this point. We need to get better results on the field before we can honestly expect to see better results on the recruiting board.

I'm not saying it's in no way the captain's fault, I'm saying that based on the body of recent work, its simply illogical to expect a top recruiting class at this point. We need to get better results on the field before we can honestly expect to see better results on the recruiting board.

Recruiting is also based on relationships. Woods and BF should be upgrades as recruiters but it will take a little time to establish those relationships. We have seen signs of that already with this class and should only improve each year moving forward.

Sooooooo....ignore it like the brain dead yahoos who believe cirk is going earn his money and turn it all around, or, voice it; which path will most likely bring change faster?

Neither of those things will have any effect, in my opinion.

i think you give the power of this message board WAY too much credit

He is just one of those people that go into a business and yell as loud as they can, thinking that if they do that they will get whatever they want.

It's like a child crying in the store while their mom just says "Please stop, honey, please, you're embarrassing me."

He is just one of those people that go into a business and yell as loud as they can, thinking that if they do that they will get whatever they want.

It's like a child crying in the store while their mom just says "Please stop, honey, please, you're embarrassing me."

And it pays a hell of a lot better than sacking those fries, Ace!!

And it pays a hell of a lot better than sacking those fries, Ace!!

Yes, I work in fast food. And what pays better than "sacking fries"? Your insult doesn't even makes sense.

Again you proved my point that people who are constantly complaining in an over the top manner because of how they feel their own expectations aren't met that they resort to insults and name calling.

I agree, I think Ferentz needs out, he isn't turning it around and even if he did, it's for maybe a season or two at most, then back to rebuilding. I have consistently said on this site that the highs are getting shorter and fewer and the lows keep getting lower and lasting longer.

Last edited:
Another recruit some were wrong about.
This is why I don't comment on recruits when they commit other than to welcome them aboard and thanking them for choosing the Hawks. You just never know how guys are going to turn out.

Akrum was headed to Temple, Josey was going to go to Luther, Brandon Myers was going to UNI, Yanda went to Iowa Central Community College, Bob Sanders was going to Toledo, Chad Greenway was an 8 man QB who was going to SD State, Brad Banks was chasing rabbits thru sugar cane fields somewhere in Belle Glade Florida.

You just never know....

This is why I don't comment on recruits when they commit other than to welcome them aboard and thanking them for choosing the Hawks. You just never know how guys are going to turn out.

Akrum was headed to Temple, Josey was going to go to Luther, Brandon Myers was going to UNI, Yanda went to Iowa Central Community College, Bob Sanders was going to Toledo, Chad Greenway was an 8 man QB who was going to SD State, Brad Banks was chasing rabbits thru sugar cane fields somewhere in Belle Glade Florida.

You just never know....

Couldn't agree more with you. I've never understood people who like to rag on guys just because of a lack of stars next to their name. That's how Iowa football makes their mojo- by finding diamonds in the rough.

Nit picky I know, but pretty sure that Marshall Yanda played at NIACC, not ICCC. I only know this being a former Triton myself.

You just never know....

No kidding. I would regularly get persecuted for daring to say we should let things play out.

Can we talk about how we HOPE they turn into contributors at Iowa? Can we welcome new players into the Hawkeye family?

I just don't get ripping on a kid, just because you are all pizzed off at KF and the state of the program.

Latest posts