another new recruit

This. Ferentz the huckster told the media that there was a positive to missing a bowl game, and that was the staff could spend more time recruiting. Since he made that statement, the class has gone straight into the toilet. We lost our only 4 star commit, and we started stealing players from Ball State and UNI. Not one solid player to close out the class. Also, there are plenty of teams with crappy records that are kicking our butt on the recruiting trail. Indiana also went 4-8 and has 4 4*s committed.

What did you think he was going to say!? My god people there is something called "coach speak". If you actually believed going 4-8 was going to help the Iowa recruiting class because the coaches could "get out there and recruit earlier" then I'm sorry but you just aren't very intelligent.

Jewell accepts scholarship at Iowa - Decorah Newspapers - Decorah, IA

From article:

Playing both ways, Jewell led the Viking rushing attack with 1,314 yards on 166 carries, averaging 7.9 yards per attempt. He crossed the goal line 21 times rushing, with a long of 89. He also caught 11 passes for 91 yards.

On defense, he was second on the team in total tackles with 100, 62 solo and 38 assists. He also had 12 tackles for a loss, five sacks and two fumble recoveries.

Touchdown Josey?

What did you think he was going to say!? My god people there is something called "coach speak". If you actually believed going 4-8 was going to help the Iowa recruiting class because the coaches could "get out there and recruit earlier" then I'm sorry but you just aren't very intelligent.

"Coach speak?" My god, we found something the $4 million man can do somewhat well..."coach speak!" To bad "coach speak" isn't in his job description like recruiting, game planning & management and winning bleeping football games!

The same record hasn't really hampered Indiana's effort.

Actually I'm stunned that we aren't landing better talent after honest abe ferntz told the media, "the 'good' thing about missing a bowl is having the freedom to roll up your sleeves and recruit, recruit, recruit!"

At least with Hayden Fry we knew we had a snake oil salesman, but the snake oil worked most of the time and he was successful at Iowa, compiling the second best winning percent of Iowa coaches in the modern era. And we loved him for it.

Kirk really seems to be struggling right now. What has he done to change up recruiting to bring in better athletes? Hard to tell that he's done anything other than apparently letting Lester Erb go.

I keep wondering if there might be some hot potato comitted to Coe that KF can swoop in and kipe before Wednesday?! He did have the entire bowl season to be out there beating the bushes!!

I know some people at ISU in the know, and if he does even qualify, he has big attitude problems. They aren't convinced he will ever even play a down for ISU.

Do you ever get tired?

Yes, I get tired of out recruiting UNI, Ball State, NMST, CSU and Temple and getting out recruited by Indiana, Minnesota and Iowa State.

Iowa has worst recruiting class in our division. I get that Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders worked out great 10 years ago but Kirk leans on that mentality to often. When was the last one of those type of guys to come around? But I should just be happy that we can participate because after all, we are Iowa.

So honest question. Everyone seems to rag on the staff for going 4-8, which is very legit, but then they ***** and moan because we're not getting 4* recruits. Aside from loving to do nothing but complain, are they really shocked that we're not bringing in more sought after recruits after a 4-8 season?

As far as this new recruit goes. I say give him a shot. He's a late signee that may or may not amount to anything, but obviously they say something that they liked. Maybe we should see how it plays out, or do most of you think a walkon or swallowing the scholarship would be a better idea.

I agree. Kirk is three bad seasons. From being on the hot seat. Lets see how all this plays out. If it goes bad Iowa will only be 10 years away from change. We need to trust in Kirk or we are not real fans.

Irregardless is not a word. Kirk is our coaches name. I am more worried about putting together a solid coaching staff than these last minute offers.

I am alarmed by the low quality of recruits Kurt is pulling in. You are not going to contend for conference or even division championships with classes full of 2 or 1 or even no star recruits, irregardless of how well you "develop" talent (and I think that rep increasingly is becoming questionable, to be charitable). The talent level has risen across the board in the conference, and collij football in general; it doesn't appear that Kurt is keeping up. Red flags are popping up all over the place. I just wonder if anyone in the university administration is noticing.

#doormat

Irregardless is not a word. Kirk is our coaches name. I am more worried about putting together a solid coaching staff than these last minute offers.

Dont listen to him he thinks our coaches name is kurt. He prolly also thinks you only get 11 players after a timeout, but you, me, and Kirk know you get 12.

"Coach speak?" My god, we found something the $4 million man can do somewhat well..."coach speak!" To bad "coach speak" isn't in his job description like recruiting, game planning & management and winning bleeping football games!

LOL... Honest questions to follow:

Does it make you feel better to get on an internet message board to do nothing but b!tch and moan? Does it make you feel more wise because you have a butt-buddy in GoHawks76 who seems to feed off of your constant whining?

I think most Hawkeye fans would agree that the program is no where near where we'd like it to be. Kirk Ferentz is responsible for that. I don't know many people who are giving him a free pass. However, invading every recruiting thead simply to post the same exact whining BS comes across as one thing and one thing only: you guys are butthurt. Ferentz doesn't read this. I'm not sure who or why you are complaining so much.

Latest posts