Announced/Paid Attendance was 8021

I'm not arguing with you and call them what you like but if they don't like the product what are they supposed to do?

It is a two edged sword, if everybody shows up the AD and University takes that to mean the fans are happy as clams because everybody is filling the arena and paying what the university wants to fill the arena. That means the university has no reason to do anything because they assume everyone is happy with the status quo when that might not be true.

The players are the pawns between the fans, the coach and the university and that is the unfortunate part of this entire mess. The fans only way to show a university that they are unhappy is with money and attendance.

I agree about making other entertainment choices. You are not a bad fan NewMexHawk, that is a stupid saying anyway because all fans have different levels of energy they chose to invest into a team.

I have season tickets and chose not to attend last nights game. I chose to work out, come home, watch some of OSU vs. Purdue and I really wanted to watch Kentucky play Florida. I will not go out of my way to attend games, that's for sure. I like going to games but the product is not good enough for me to want to attend every home game.

I agree the players are the ones who suffer most. The fans have the choice to not attend, Lickliter gets paid millions $$$, no matter how well or poor he does and the players are stuck with nothing. I guess they do get a free education at least.

I don't know what the future holds but Lickliter better be able to recruit in a hurry if he hopes to coach beyond next year.

I am all for seeing how this upcoming recruiting class is, however the big ten is dynamic so even if Iowa improves in theory everyone else will improve too. Why would other teams get worse? Unless the theory is Iowa is improve more than anyother team in the conference but judging by initial recruiting breakdowns Iowa would probably be in the lower half in terms of talent they are brining in next year. It's solid talent, but I get the idea no one thinks it's difference making talent? I say lets see what we got, by this time next season we will know how good the class really is.

Lick doesn't have time for the freshman excuse for next years recruiting class. He absolutely needs to win now.

Actual was likely about 1/3 of that.

Yeah, well, two of those were my tickets and for about the 10th game in a row I couldn't even GIVE THEM AWAY. That fact speaks loudly to the sorry state of the program. I told Barta as much (in a civil and respectful tone) in a recent e-mail, and he hasn't seen fit to respond as of yet. Apparently you have to be more than a Golden Hawk to deserve a response.

I was at this game and upon walking in there was a guy trying to sell tickets for 5 dollars. Watching the hawks make turnover after turnover and not being able to break the press. Don't they watch film on teams they play. Cully needs to stop his jump pass attack or whatver you call it. When he jumps up the ball is going somewhere. They don't pass out of pressure, they try to dribbble through everything. I learned those skills in high school. Yay they won they game against a sub par team. They might have had 3000 people in CHA. Good luck hawks the rest of the year.

From the Des Moines Register. Dochterman and Dolphin are the kings on putting positive spin on this season. Be honest or will Uiowa get mad at you
“It was more of a challenge than I would have liked,’’ Lickliter said.
Paid attendance for the 8 p.m., game, which wasn’t televised, was announced at 8,021. There were far fewer actually in the arena. Asked if it felt like a neutral game, Lickliter smiled.
“I thought we might have been on the road,’’ Lickliter said. “Don’t say that. I’ll get in trouble.’’
Lickliter knows his team’s lack of success has affected attendance.
“In fairness, we’ve struggled lately,’’ Lickliter said.