Angel Reese

NCHawker

Twitter was not kind to her after her sobbing post came press conference. I say she brought it on her self. Real character is revealed when things to bad. That said, she's pretty young and we should consider that. Maybe her dad can offer some help with her life

Twitter is dumb and wants to destroy everything. Is she perfect? No, but there are things you can use to tear down any person. Twitter has been doing the same thing with Clark over the past couple weeks.

We would love Reese if she was on our team, and I think it is really tough to judge someone's character unless you know them personally. Her friends swear by her, as we saw last night. She was gracious in defeat, and she mainly got into the online hate topic last night because her teammates brought it up. I think we should cut her some slack, in particular because we came out on the good end last night, and going all "poor loser" at this point would be hypocritical for anyone who took issue with how Reese handled the end of the NCG last year.

I'm not gunna judge her as pointed out, I really don't know her. But, what I will say is that she doesn't help herself much of the time. She's acted and done stuff to bring it on to her without squashing it, per se.

That entire LSU press conference was all about the perception of the LSU players and being the villain. There was not much mention of the actual game.

I've never really had an issue with Mulkey besides the way she may have responded to a couple things in the past. But, she seems to be genuine and have genuine respect for CC and Iowa I think.

I'm not gunna judge her as pointed out, I really don't know her. But, what I will say is that she doesn't help herself much of the time. She's acted and done stuff to bring it on to her without squashing it, per se.

That entire LSU press conference was all about the perception of the LSU players and being the villain. There was not much mention of the actual game.

I've never really had an issue with Mulkey besides the way she may have responded to a couple things in the past. But, she seems to be genuine and have genuine respect for CC and Iowa I think.
It really bothered me the way she stood out on the court last year in the NC game, but the refs deserve equal blame for allowing it.

Angel Reese has her moments where she tries to act mature and take the high road. Progress is not always a straight line. She just needs more time to grow up.

Felt a little sorry for her that she didn’t enjoy her championship season because of all the negativity. The problem is she caused all the negativity, she’s not the victim of it. As a winner she was quick to play the champion and enjoy the fruits of victory both financially and socially. She took all the credit for the victory. In contrast this year, she played the role of victim. She gave no credit to Iowa just made the news conference about her. Like Staley last year, she detracted from the Hawkeye victory by suggesting she suffered racism and victimhood. Are we to truely believe these tears about enduring the last year, a year which included, photo shoots, interviews, endorsements, and celebrity. I would suggest those tears are tears of her irrelevance.

Twitter is dumb and wants to destroy everything. Is she perfect? No, but there are things you can use to tear down any person. Twitter has been doing the same thing with Clark over the past couple weeks.

We would love Reese if she was on our team, and I think it is really tough to judge someone's character unless you know them personally. Her friends swear by her, as we saw last night. She was gracious in defeat, and she mainly got into the online hate topic last night because her teammates brought it up. I think we should cut her some slack, in particular because we came out on the good end last night, and going all "poor loser" at this point would be hypocritical for anyone who took issue with how Reese handled the end of the NCG last year.

This.
Well, almost all this.
I will admit that some of Clark's antics make me a bit itchy. There are some things I've seen on the court, and off the court that I would not be real happy with if Reese played for Iowa. I don't know how I would react. I absolutely know I would give her more "latitude" than I do for her, or a player on any other team. Of course, in moments of real reflection, I would probably be a bit more honest. As I can honestly say sometimes Clark kinda makes me uncomfortable with some of her actions.

But, we saw a lot of other players with height this season. Few of them, if any, use it even half as effectively as her.

But you're top dead center on Twitter (all of social media) being dumb. There's as many haters of Clark as there is Reese. FFS. LSU fans 'hate' for Clark is so marginal compared to SC fans. SC has nothing. Just nothing outside women's basketball. And they can't stand not being the lead story one bit. Social media has promoted this "me/you" "us/them". America's drug of choice now is to pick a side....on any subject....and try to prove your side is better than the other. There's no nuance. And, frankly, I don't think the actual content that determines the 'side' has any meaning to anyone.

Angel Reese has her moments where she tries to act mature and take the high road. Progress is not always a straight line. She just needs more time to grow up.

This too!
I would submit, too, that coaches/staff/athletic programs can be contributors.....by failing to contribute.
And, too, that it's harder for them to contribute in today's world of collegiate sports.
I do start taking issue a little bit with "they're just college kids we shouldn't bash them and harshly criticize them."

I'm not a basher/hater type. I don't participate in it. I avoid reading most of the Twittering/posting about it.

But, I do take a little umbrage at the idea of "they're just college kids". I mean. Yes. Yes they are. But at this point, they fought for and gained the right to be paid for their athletic ability and ability to draw attention. Which, as far as I'm concerned, makes them professional athletes.

There were 10 players in the NFL last year the same age as Reese/Clark or younger.
There's Premier League players who are young enough to be Jordan Bohanan's kids. I kid....I kid.
But there are 15 and 16 year olds playing in the Premier League. I don't feel right bashing anybody. Even if they're 34. But I don't feel right carving out a unique cocoon for people that are playing professional sports.

Which, to me, is part of the ambivalence I have for the whole $ thing in collegiate sports. I think they should be compensated. But then again, be careful what you wish for. We can't control people.

Reese loves playing the vilian when she wins. She just played it in her last win against UCLA. Bit evidently when she loses she quickly becomes the victim. That said, nore people need to understand that one character flaw doesn't define someone. Just like Clark's constant whining to the refs doesn't define her.

I see no need to pile on her frankly. 20 something yr olds put in those situations without strong guidance are prone to veering off track. Her coach sure isn't one to point her in the right direction. I almost feel bad for her but I'm more indifferent. I thought she was classy at the end of the game to the Iowa players and coaches. That's enough for me.

This.
Well, almost all this.
I will admit that some of Clark's antics make me a bit itchy. There are some things I've seen on the court, and off the court that I would not be real happy with if Reese played for Iowa. I don't know how I would react. I absolutely know I would give her more "latitude" than I do for her, or a player on any other team. Of course, in moments of real reflection, I would probably be a bit more honest. As I can honestly say sometimes Clark kinda makes me uncomfortable with some of her actions.

But, we saw a lot of other players with height this season. Few of them, if any, use it even half as effectively as her.

But you're top dead center on Twitter (all of social media) being dumb. There's as many haters of Clark as there is Reese. FFS. LSU fans 'hate' for Clark is so marginal compared to SC fans. SC has nothing. Just nothing outside women's basketball. And they can't stand not being the lead story one bit. Social media has promoted this "me/you" "us/them". America's drug of choice now is to pick a side....on any subject....and try to prove your side is better than the other. There's no nuance. And, frankly, I don't think the actual content that determines the 'side' has any meaning to anyone.

Performative outrage and righteous anger are a great business model...

If Kim Mulkey knocked on my door after Midnight

I would let her in

Latest posts