Andrew Fleming unofficial visit

Show me how many visiting recruits who have been as effusive as Fleming about their visit to Iowa. Certainly not Atwood or Huff. Most who have been that enthusiatic are Iowa commits or have not yet committed.

Certainly seems like a good sign to me....

Certainly better than moving on without a word....

Fran is building it, and they will come....

:rolleyes:

I agree with this assessment. Bottom line: Fleming would be an upgrade in talent over JO and has the explosiveness to create off the dribble. As far as our ability to get him: I can't help but think that it's a good sign that as soon as he got the offer, Fleming scheduled a visit. We may not get him, but you've got to be impressed with Fran continually identifying talent that could not only help us but that is willing to give a us a look and visit.

See above. Fleming is expected to get an offer while on the visit. He set up his visit without an Iowa offer.

Fran did offer Fleming on his visit. Fleming was extremely impressed with Iowa.

It wouldnt shock me to land a verbal from Fleming, possibly as early as next week.

It wouldnt shock me to land a verbal from Fleming, possibly as early as next week.

Happy pair of guys..

BnOvXemCMAA9T_m.jpg:large

I was looking forward to hearing him on Rob Howe's radio show this morning but apparently the suits at Iowa would not allow it. Kind of weird since Rob has had recruits on before. The kid is definitely enjoying his visit from everything I've seen and Iowa looks to have a chance with this kid. Rob did say this morning that Andrew told him he doesn't plan on making a decision until September. His main focus on his decision will be the coach and how he fits on the roster. He obviously is high on Fran and with the departure of Josh.O he'd be a nice replacement for his spot.

Evidently he is staying a day longer than he had planned. It doesn't sound like his praise is empty.

Hanging around to watch the Iowa baseball game at 11 and then to play a pick up game with the team this afternoon before flying back to Nashville.

It sounds like he wants to get home and visit with his mom about the visit and then see where that takes him. His dad is with him on the visit.

His AAU coach told him it would be very hard to turn down Iowa and the B1G.

Does he shoot a jump shot or a set shot?....looks like he is still on the ground when he releases his shot.
It is accurate.
Pretty well put together young man. Maybe built more like Eric May than Devyn? Could be a wing who slides between 2 and 3? At Iowa we must now ask...who can he guard? Our defense hurt us down the stretch.

If he's good enough for offers from Florida, Memphis, and UNLV then this would be a great get.

kakert hinting that fleming will announce today for iowa

would be a good get -- knockdown shooter with ball skills and great instincts

might be slow on d, but looks like he can bring a lot to the half court offense

Last edited:

How is this for a prediction? ;)

Fleming will announce tomorrow afternoon at 3 PM on his twitter. Deciding between Iowa, Florida, UNLV, Memphis, Vanderbilt and Ohio State.

Not sure he has committable offers from Florida and Ohio State. He would be a great get though.

It sounds promising and I hope this is true, but after Ulis, Atwood and Huff, I'm not getting excited until Fleming commits, regardless of what Kakert is hinting at. Forget LOI's for the moment, just get me a verbal.

It sounds promising and I hope this is true, but after Ulis, Atwood and Huff, I'm not getting excited until Fleming commits, regardless of what Kakert is hinting at. Forget LOI's for the moment, just get me a verbal.

I'll wait to get too excited until he SIGNS. Because until he signs, he is open game. Kentucky could always come in late and offer...

Latest posts