Alternate jerseys for Penn State

These are awful imo. And white shoes?? We can never get shit quite right.

Now we know where the designers from the defunct company APEX ended up. Good for them.

Worse design concept since the "new" Parrot Tiger Hawk logo. Whatever happened to THAT guy?

Not sure what I think yet, other than for the life of me I cannot figure out why they used a gold backdrop to "highlight them". Seriously who came up with that gem of an idea.

Not sure what I think yet, other than for the life of me I cannot figure out why they used a gold backdrop to "highlight them". Seriously who came up with that gem of an idea.

Seriously.
I think whoever comes up with this stuff for Iowa just got lucky last year with the alts for OSU. Which ruled, by accident.
I wonder if the Univ even has someone with experience for this thing? Maybe they don't. Because that gold backdrop is almost a joke.

Last edited:
I think it is really easy for people to criticize when they are not the ones coming up with ideas that are being put out there for public critique. A good rule of thumb: if you think highly paid and accomplished professionals are terrible at their job and you could do better, you probably do not understand their job that well.

You don't have to like their design ideas, and we are all free to critique, but to think you could easily come up with better designs is silly. Go ahead, mock up your ideas, put them out there for public consumption, see how things go.

The mid 90's banana peel uni's are back, NO!!!

75137ccf933eb2d1f6d48e1f875e0772.jpg
Yep those unis were terrible.

Yep those unis were terrible.

At the time I don't think most people had an adverse reaction to them. I don't recall hating them at the time. Just look anything else as time passes. Look at old photos from the 1970s. It is like dear God what were people thinking in what they were wearing. 30 or 40 years from now (if humans still exist) people will look at pictures of now and think the same damn thing about us.

Hahaha what?
You literally just said anyone being paid to do something can never have bad ideas.

I didn't articulate myself very well.

If there is a profession and you think everyone in that profession is a hack, then the profession is probably more difficult that you assume. Take referees. Many people state that all refs suck. What is more likely, that the entire profession is occupied by incompetents, or that it is a really hard job?

You could apply the same logic here. There are professionals paid lots of money to make these design decisions, and that goes both for the U and for whoever provides their jerseys. Are they all incompetent? That is what many on here are implying when they say every decision they make is a bad one. When another alternate pops up on Saturaday afternoon, it is usually derided as ghastly. So all these design professionals in a highly lucrative field are all incompetent? Or is it just a lot harder to come up with something that pleases the masses in this day and age when criticizing something on the internet is many people's #1 hobby?

I didn't articulate myself very well.

If there is a profession and you think everyone in that profession is a hack, then the profession is probably more difficult that you assume. Take referees. Many people state that all refs suck. What is more likely, that the entire profession is occupied by incompetents, or that it is a really hard job?

You could apply the same logic here. There are professionals paid lots of money to make these design decisions, and that goes both for the U and for whoever provides their jerseys. Are they all incompetent? That is what many on here are implying when they say every decision they make is a bad one. When another alternate pops up on Saturaday afternoon, it is usually derided as ghastly. So all these design professionals in a highly lucrative field are all incompetent? Or is it just a lot harder to come up with something that pleases the masses in this day and age when criticizing something on the internet is many people's #1 hobby?

Agreed on Refs. Gotta be tough as hell, and to be honest, some of their calls in real time are nothing short of miraculous

Cops too, but that's a whole other discussion.

I guess I didn't make it clear that I personally like the majority of alts.
Just not these. I'll wait and see how they look that night.

25th anniversary of Fry's banana peel uniforms, this is a great idea to honor the history of Hawkeye football.

On the other hand their opponent that week (Pedo State) does not have a history to honor. They were abusing children instead of running a football program that's worthy of honor.

Latest posts