Alternate jerseys for Penn State

Stripe out game in the stands with these Unis against Penn State. Remembering how loud the last home game was against them. Should be good unless they just jump on us which I don't see happening.

I think the perfect alts are reminiscent of the standard uniforms while still doing something new, which is why I loved the grey/blackouts of 2017.

Different colors, but if you compared them to our normal home jerseys they used a near identical template.

They've grown on me since yesterday. I never thought yellow on yellow but they might just pull this off.
One I've dreamed of recently would be a matte black helmet with a gold chrome tigerhawk and facemask, but because our helmets are so expensive and personally customized I doubt we ever get another color unless it becomes a permanent alt.

View attachment 5385

Not to be outdone, the clones also announced their alternate unis for this fall...

procombat_isu.jpg

The grey unis vs the Buckeyes looked very 'blah' from a distance but were super cool up close. I was one of the few who actually LIKED the original 'banana-peel' unis, so this version looks OK. But the best alternate jerseys thus far were the all black with bright gold #s vs Minny -- those suckers really popped under the lights.

If they brought back 2015 or 2017 alt jerseys (or close variants thereof), people would slam them for lacking creativity.

You get too crazy with graphics...
maryland-jose30301.png

...and people would slam that.

They got a little edgy, but nothing stupid, seems like a sweet spot. As Rob says, as long as the players and recruits are on-board, have at it.

I thought the late 50's gold uniforms they wore a number of years back looked good on the field. Not sure what year it was, around 2009? Incidentally, those are almost identical to the uniforms the Steelers wore in the 50's.

If they brought back 2015 or 2017 alt jerseys (or close variants thereof), people would slam them for lacking creativity.

You get too crazy with graphics...
maryland-jose30301.png

...and people would slam that.

They got a little edgy, but nothing stupid, seems like a sweet spot. As Rob says, as long as the players and recruits are on-board, have at it.

I still think that's one ugly ass flag

Latest posts