Ali F

shada

I Really wish we would have singed him instead of j davis. Solid player. good shot, good d, and has some quicks to him.

Why? Jermain Davis dominated like the first half of the first half against ISU last year... and then uh... well....

ok, you win

How is UNI ranked? There is 8 min left in this game and each team has 35 points. They are both on pace for under 45. You can't be a good team if you don't score 70+ pts. Oh, Tony Freeman is the other PG who is leading his team to a sub 45 point game.

Wow... SIU gets a T on a breakaway dunk to put them up 7. Ali only made 1 of 2 tho.. Uni in trouble, down 6 with 6 to play

How is UNI ranked? There is 8 min left in this game and each team has 35 points. They are both on pace for under 45. You can't be a good team if you don't score 70+ pts. Oh, Tony Freeman is the other PG who is leading his team to a sub 45 point game.
UNI is second in the nation is scoring defense. They just suffocate teams and score enough to win.

Closest I could ever get was dunking a VB. I'm well past those days

At 24 I got backboard for the first time. A couple of months later an ACL surgery took that away, a year after that back surgery made it even worse. Now at 27, I'm easily one of the least athletic guys on the court, but I'm almost always the smartest, and that allows me to hold my own.

At 24 I got backboard for the first time. A couple of months later an ACL surgery took that away, a year after that back surgery made it even worse. Now at 27, I'm easily one of the least athletic guys on the court, but I'm almost always the smartest, and that allows me to hold my own.

What, do you guys discuss international banking policy? Or quantum physics? Must be quite a group.

UNI is second in the nation is scoring defense. They just suffocate teams and score enough to win.

In addition, they are very well coached & disciplined. Always in the correct position all the way down to footwork as pointed out by the broadcasters. This is a very large part why they are 2nd in scoring D in the nation. They have all the components for a solid team & a team that can be successful in the NCAA tourney including: Veteran team, depth (especially at the foward/center), go 9-10 deep, play very stiff D, & usually low turnovers. This is how they win.

Jacobsen is way underrated. He may have had more influence to do with McDermott's teams at UNI then many understand. He is a technician when comes to coaching b-ball. Somewhat similar to Kirk Ferentz. They stated Jacobsen was validictorian of his HS class & his smarts shows in his coaching on the court.

I liked the discussion of the short, choppy steps when closing in on the opponents on defense. That's a subtle point you don't see discussed on many TV telecasts.