Alfonso Soriano?

Hawkeyes1982x

Ok..Your the manger, would you have pulled Soriano by now to send a message? After what he did in the at bat where he hit the ball pretty hard he just watched it and thought it was gone and wasnt. I mean he literally could of had a tripple had he just hauled butt right from the start. I just am sick of this over paid selfish player. I been a Soriano fan, but im tired of him. He can't field good, he is inconsistant hitter, and when he does hit its all about himself. Its pathetic. Anyone else feel the same?

PS- Brenly ripped Soriano pretty good, story below.
Brenly rips Cubs' Soriano for 'selfish attitude' - Chicago Breaking Sports

Ok..Your the manger, would you have pulled Soriano by now to send a message? After what he did in the at bat where he hit the ball pretty hard he just watched it and thought it was gone and wasnt. I mean he literally could of had a tripple had he just hauled butt right from the start. I just am sick of this over paid selfish player. I been a Soriano fan, but im tired of him. He can't field good, he is inconsistant hitter, and when he does hit its all about himself. Its pathetic. Anyone else feel the same?

PS- Brenly ripped Soriano pretty good, story below.
Brenly rips Cubs' Soriano for 'selfish attitude' - Chicago Breaking Sports

Yanks got rid of him, that's all I need to know! :)

Wow, those are some great quotes by Brenly! I love that guy. He's a straight-shooter and doesn't sugar-coat it like other analysts for teams. I was p*ssed when the Cubs canned Steve Stone for speaking the truth back in 2004 about that crappy team. I have a feeling soriano is going to turn into a case similar to Albert Belle...had some big years, got a HUGE contract, and basically stole that money from the team. Soriano is a BUM!

He is brutal to watch and I really wish he was no longer a Cub. I just don't see any possible way to get rid of him either. There will be no Bradley for Silva swap with Soriano.
I think the best move would be to bench the guy for an extended period of time and see if that would get his head straight.

Soriano is awful. He cannot play winning baseball. He has no plate discipline. He can't hit or lay off sliders. He can't run. He can't field. He doesn't make consistent contact (which is terrible for the little things, like moving runners & sac-flies). He doesn't walk. He is not even good for a averagely compensated player, he is terrible for his salary.

The Cubs would be so much better if they had Colvin in LF and another $17 million in cash freed up for elsewhere. Then again they would probably blow that money on journeyman relief pitchers with god awful peripheral statistics (aka Grabow). The Cubs infuriate me, how they can continually spend so much money so recklessly is beyond me.

sucks what he is getting paid..he goes in streaks but his attitude is one of manny ramirez had at boston

Soriano could easily dominate the game of baseball, he just doesnt want to. What would be the fun in that? He already has his money, so he doesn't really need to put up big numbers......Why else do you think he swings at every single pitch outside and in the dirt? Also, can any of us say it would actually be fun to catch fly balls? ;)

Brenly put his thoughts out there pretty plain and simple. He basically said everything the fans have been thinking. But if he were in Lou's shoes, with a boss telling him the guy is making $20M a year (or whatever it is) the guy has to play, do you really think Brenly would be able to sit the guy?

I would sit Soriano. It ticks me off when I see professional athletes not know fundamentals. Not running on the bases. Missing cut offs. Lack of effort shouldn't be acceptable. Making a physical error or mistake is okay.

Not saying he's great anymore by any means, but you all realize that the only OF on the roster outperforming Soriano this year is Byrd, right?

The bigger problems with the Cubs so far this year are Fontenot, Ramirez and Theriot. And 2-3 guys in the bullpen. And Z.

Soriano is about problem #36.

Time to blow this disaster up. Wait until next year. Where's the fire Lou? He's stealing money like Soriano. Goodbye Hendry. Goodbye Big Z. Goodbye Grabow. Goodbye Theriot. Goodbye Soriano. Goodbye D. Lee (who I actually like but he's 34 years old). Start over.

That's why I watch the Twins. That team plays the game the right way. If a player doesn't Gardy benches them. Max effort, great defense, good pitching. The way the game is supposed to be played.
I like the Cubs, but I just can't watch them anymore.

The whole situation with the team looking horrible so far this season is real depressing, especially since it seems that the Franchise is regressing and only getting worse.

Wow, those are some great quotes by Brenly! I love that guy. He's a straight-shooter and doesn't sugar-coat it like other analysts for teams. I was p*ssed when the Cubs canned Steve Stone for speaking the truth back in 2004 about that crappy team. I have a feeling soriano is going to turn into a case similar to Albert Belle...had some big years, got a HUGE contract, and basically stole that money from the team. Soriano is a BUM!

Stone was fired for being critical of management (both types) on live television after a tough loss. So far, Brenly hasn't done that.

Latest posts