Alfonso Soriano?

I'm just excited that Ryno will be the manager come June after Lou gets canned for the Cubs being 20 games under .500.

The Cubs biggest problem is the fact they all want to hit their homers...PLAY BASEBALL...I'm SOOOO SICK of watching Ramirez about fall over swinging at pitches so hard...SAME with Soriano...Get on base!!! DANG it...I can't even watch them anymore...I just get MAD! Don't even get me started on the bullpen too. URGGHHHHHH

Time to blow this disaster up. Wait until next year. Where's the fire Lou? He's stealing money like Soriano. Goodbye Hendry. Goodbye Big Z. Goodbye Grabow. Goodbye Theriot. Goodbye Soriano. Goodbye D. Lee (who I actually like but he's 34 years old). Start over.

I agree with you. Time to get younger. I don't think that Soriano is going ot go anywhere due to his huge contract, but I think the others are going as well. If the cubs are 7 or 8 games back by the trade deadline, which is a pretty good chance right now. they need to start unloading some of these old guys and getting some prospects. D. Lee, love the guy, but he's a trading piece, so is Ramirez. Big Z has a no trade clause and has said he wants to finish his career here. Fukudome, won't play anywhere else but heonly has one year left on his contract. I like Byrd. Grabow could be great trade bait for someone looking for a reliever. Theriot's contract is up after this year, he's gone. Fontenot actually hitting about .320 as of last night. Soto will hopefully come around. I love our rotation, a good mix. Maybe we cand develop some guys.

However, we are so Yankee like, trying to exploit free agency. I think we need to focus on a mix of a few free agents and try to build like the Braves, Twins and Marlins.

Also, this is a dream, but what about Sandberg running the squad, Maddux as pittching coach (or GM). That would be great. Do you think Ryno would let Soriano dog it. I don't think so.

However, Hendry thinks things are peachy and I don't see much of this happening unless we are maybe 15-20 games back in July.

At least Soriano ran hard on his 3B earlier in tonight's game. Maybe he learned a lesson? OK, until the next time. :)

now he's a double away from hitting for the cycle?!? who is this guy?!

One of about 4 guys on the team that's been hitting all year. Of course Soto has been killing the ball all year too, but for some reason has been in Lou's doghouse.

If Alf got the message for more than one game, good. He can hit. He just needs to run and actually field, but tonight he's actually been the player they are paying him to be.

great game last night by the cubs and soriano must of been threatened to come to des moines is my guess

Latest posts