Akeel Lynch Vs. Greg Garmon Highlights

Which highlight tape were you most impressed with?

• Greg Garmon's

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Akeel Lynch's

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters

Hawkeye27

Which Highlight tape do you like better? Who do you think shows the most promise from their tapes?

Who's tape was more impressive skill wise? Did not see much passing on Lynch's tape.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLLmygP6QV4]Akeel Lynch Senior Highlights RB #5 St. Francis High School, Buffalo, NY - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igPzlaitekk]#13 Greg Garmon- Erie McDowell- Iowa - YouTube[/ame]

Hard to tell with Garmon running that silly gimmick offense. Lynch ran out of a very good offense to envision success in Iowa's O. He shows great vision to the cut back lanes and accelerates through the hole.

Is there a "I support who is coming in a black and gold jersey" choice? And dont care about the rest!

Lynch has that "Iowa runningback feel" to him, if you guys get what I'm saying. He's not afraid to run in crowds, and has the ability to find cutbacks and accelerate through holes. That said, if I've ever seen a highlight tape featuring terrible competition, that's gotta be it. Akeel seems to be playing against some of the worst HS defenses ever assembled. Given that fact, it's hard for me to make a decision here.

Lynch was listed on Rivals as being 6'0", 205 lbs, and running a 4.4. That size seems great..if we could end up with him at 6'0" 215/220, and if the 4.4 is legitimate, I might like Lynch a little more. He also had an offer from Oklahoma, who is typically pretty good with runningbacks.

Last edited:
Lynch has that "Iowa runningback feel" to him, if you guys get what I'm saying. He's not afraid to run in crowds, and has the ability to find cutbacks and accelerate through holes. That said, if I've ever seen a highlight tape featuring terrible competition, that's gotta be it. Akeel seems to be playing against some of the worst HS defenses ever assembled. Given that fact, it's hard for me to make a decision here.

Lynch was listed on Rivals as being 6'0", 205 lbs, and running a 4.4. That size seems great..if we could end up with him at 6'0" 215/220, and if the 4.4 is legitimate, I might like Lynch a little more. He also had an offer from Oklahoma, who is typically pretty good with runningbacks.

Iowa RB Feel- so you think he'll get in trouble and/or get injured? You're a moron.

Both would be great. Garmon looks faster excellerating through the holes at the line of scrimmage. Lynch looks more like the power runner we are used to seeing in the big ten and which would be typical of a Penn State running back with moderate speed and power. The combo would remind me of the two backs we lost last year, Coker (more power type runner) and the speedy slasher type of runner that got hurt very early in the season. Eventually the law of averages should take affect and Iowa puts together a tough and durable backfield.

Garmon has great speed/size, but he struggles w/ vision, setting up the cut, etc. Lynch is much more natural. Read a tweet by some guy who seems connected to PSU program (he's getting lots of fans asking him if Akeel will stay), and he said Akeel L.'s teammates have told him that Akeel has incredible work ethic--sounds like Iowa.

Bottom line, Lynch is a natural RB, while Garmon is a fantastic athlete playing RB...I do think Garmon would be fine and could eventually be better than Akeel, but I think Lynch, at this stage, is better.