Akeel Lynch Vs. Greg Garmon Highlights

Which highlight tape were you most impressed with?

• Greg Garmon's

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Akeel Lynch's

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters
Be honest with me here. Do you think that there was some extra motivation to drop the hammer on De'Andre, knowing that it would provide an extra incentive to Akeel to choose Iowa?

He should announce from Iowa city so he misses less days. Plus, he has to focus on his summer finals I am sure Friday is his last test if they haven't been completed yet.

Pretty sure classes don't end til the 10th. The only reason I know (pretend I know) this is because someone posted it here. Also, If I understand the transfer rules correctly if he shows up to practice on Monday for Penn State then he can't transfer until after the season, thus why he's going to announce FOR THE HAWKS on Sunday.

#positiveattitude

Be honest with me here. Do you think that there was some extra motivation to drop the hammer on De'Andre, knowing that it would provide an extra incentive to Akeel to choose Iowa?

Hard to say. If we already have a silent verbal from him then it certainly makes dismissing DJ a lot easier. I highly doubt KF would do it to try to entice Akeel to come to Iowa, seems very much out of character.

Hard to say. If we already have a silent verbal from him then it certainly makes dismissing DJ a lot easier. I highly doubt KF would do it to try to entice Akeel to come to Iowa, seems very much out of character.

I doubt he would do that solely to open up room for Akeel, but I agree with your thoughts in it making it easier to dismiss De'Andre. I also think that it played a bit of a role in the final outcome.

If Akeel wasn't coming, I think De'Andre may have had a severe punishment, but not banishment.

Pretty sure classes don't end til the 10th. The only reason I know (pretend I know) this is because someone posted it here. Also, If I understand the transfer rules correctly if he shows up to practice on Monday for Penn State then he can't transfer until after the season, thus why he's going to announce FOR THE HAWKS on Sunday.

#positiveattitude

That makes sense, and alot of times professors will allow you to test early if you have a legitimate reason. I hope he can still get his credit.

I was wondering where B Hill was on this poll, he is the next "Great white hope" of the message boards.

Take it easy on me, I'm just having some fun

I was wondering where B Hill was on this poll, he is the next "Great white hope" of the message boards.

Take it easy on me, I'm just having some fun

Lol isn't he mixed? It was hard for me to find senior year film on Barkley. Plus, Garmon and Lynch are the two most highly touted and ranked. 4 and 3 star respectively by Scout. But, I do like Barkley alot. He has stayed out of trouble, and he seems like he always falls forward and never gives up.

hill and lynch seem likel similar runners to me. i think 1 of those 2 guys (probably hill could rs) and the other would make a good 2 back system with garmon.

i prefer the between tackle runners like lynch and hill over the all speed type guys like garmon...but realize both are necessary for a complete team.

hill and lynch seem likel similar runners to me. i think 1 of those 2 guys (probably hill could rs) and the other would make a good 2 back system with garmon.

i prefer the between tackle runners like lynch and hill over the all speed type guys like garmon...but realize both are necessary for a complete team.

I was thinking they were similar also.
FWIW Both Lynch and Hill were 3 star players on Rivals though Lynch was almost at 4 at 3.7 (3.8 is a low 4) and Hill was a 5.5. But Hill was also a Parade Magazine All American and they have a reputation for recognizing talent.

Everything I've heard about Hill is that he is a one-cut, between-the-tackles runner. He has been on campus since June, working out and focused on making the team. He was super-productive as a high schooler. I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised by him this year.

But I'd still take Lynch to help depth. Can't ever have too many good players.

I believe I(we) were wrong about Lynch not being able to transfer this year if he attends practice on the 6th. I think it's only if he plays in a game. The way it's stated from the NCAA:

It doesn't define "competed" but I'd assume that means played in a game.

Student-athletes who transfer during the 2012 season and have not competed for Penn State during that season will be immediately eligible for competition upon transfer

Penn State - NCAA.org

I believe I(we) were wrong about Lynch not being able to transfer this year if he attends practice on the 6th. I think it's only if he plays in a game. The way it's stated from the NCAA:

It doesn't define "competed" but I'd assume that means played in a game.

Penn State - NCAA.org

Penn State football student-athletes can decide to transfer from now until the 2013 season (before participating in preseason practice with Penn State) and play immediately at the new school.

This is just above that line on the same web page.

Penn State football student-athletes can decide to transfer from now until the 2013 season (before participating in preseason practice with Penn State) and play immediately at the new school.

This is just above that line on the same web page.

I think that means participating in practice in 2013

By rule, Lynch may be able to transfer after participating in a couple PSU practices. But I find it extremely unlikely.

Latest posts