Ahron Ulis Commits to Iowa

I really like that he's good on the floater and mid range game. We have needed that, especially with the new 3 point line and more teams playing the pack line d. There is space there that maybe only Joe W has been able to score in. Ahron will be better than most believe because of his mid range game.

I’m glad to get the first commit on board for the 2020 class. Ahron has some potential and it sounds like is a very hard worker who has improved quite a bit in a fairly short period of time.

The nice thing is on paper I don’t think he will be asked to make a big impact next year so he can continue to develop his game.

Gritty point guards like Ulis and Toussaint are the types of players that Iowa has lacked under Fran for the most part. Excited to see who joins him in the 2020 recruiting class. I'd say they need one center or power forward for sure.

This was such big news here in Des Moines that the local sports had story on ISU’s Halliburton heading to Nike Skills Academy and not a peep of Ulis committing on any newscast.

Welcome aboard Mr. Ulis!

Barring any further injuries or player movement, when is the last time Iowa had 4 healthy scholarship PGs on the same team? Next season could have a healthy Jordan, Connor, Joe T, and now Ahron. I realize Jordan and Ahron will probably play off ball some but stlll, 4 scholarship players that can legit be listed as PGs? That's rare.

Welcome aboard Mr. Ulis!

Barring any further injuries or player movement, when is the last time Iowa had 4 healthy scholarship PGs on the same team? Next season could have a healthy Jordan, Connor, Joe T, and now Ahron. I realize Jordan and Ahron will probably play off ball some but stlll, 4 scholarship players that can legit be listed as PGs? That's rare.
Couple things.

Bohannon could end up playing this year so we will see on that, but I’m also starting to wonder if this could be Connor’s last year playing basketball. I’ve speculated that in the past and it’s been shot down, but if he decides it’s time to focus solely on baseball maybe this will be his last year with the hoops team.

If we did have all of those guys I’d imagine Ulis would almost certainly be in line for a redshirt.

Couple things.

Bohannon could end up playing this year so we will see on that, but I’m also starting to wonder if this could be Connor’s last year playing basketball. I’ve speculated that in the past and it’s been shot down, but if he decides it’s time to focus solely on baseball maybe this will be his last year with the hoops team.

If we did have all of those guys I’d imagine Ulis would almost certainly be in line for a redshirt.

If I had to bet which sport he would quit if he decided to quit one, I would pick baseball.

Latest posts