Absolute Worst State For College Sports or To Be A Fan In?

Good call. How one forgets about Alaska and Hawaii I guess.

Yeah, there is hardly any college athletic news ever out of Alaska. I remember in Mr. Davis's first season when the hawks wen to play in Anchorage and beat duke or N Carolina up there and won the tourney, that opened my eyes to what that team might do. But before that I didnt even know they had basketball tourneys in Alaska.

Alaska has such a small population, totally into ourdoor sports and activites, like dog sledding, fishing, etc hunting, etc that college sports might lean toward those areas. But during the winter it is dark so long during the day that you would think indoor sports would be big, but what is big when there arent that many people there

Yeah, there is hardly any college athletic news ever out of Alaska. I remember in Mr. Davis's first season when the hawks wen to play in Anchorage and beat duke or N Carolina up there and won the tourney, that opened my eyes to what that team might do. But before that I didnt even know they had basketball tourneys in Alaska.

Alaska has such a small population, totally into ourdoor sports and activites, like dog sledding, fishing, etc hunting, etc that college sports might lean toward those areas. But during the winter it is dark so long during the day that you would think indoor sports would be big, but what is big when there arent that many people there

Everyone should go to Alaska once and take the AlCan. Anchorage is similar to Des Moines on size only scenic take away the gold dome.

You get about 4 hours of sunlight in the winter. I would think the length of winter would be the hardest.

Alaskans drink like Russians and Ukrainians.

I've lived in Iowa City, Chicago, Madison, Denver, and LA.

Chicago--middle of big ten country. Big ten bars on Southport (street near Wrigley). Didn't miss a step
Madison- Similar. Still went to hawk games there, too. Grew to loathe the badgers there, but good big ten rivalry stuff.
Denver- Still kept my season tickets. Worked with a few other hawk grads. They had a sports column bar in downtown that had hawk games. Still went to a few games per year in IC.
LA- Nobody cares about the big ten, and in West LA I'm not even sure anyone cares about football. I'm still going to a couple of Iowa games this year, though. It feels really weird. If I wore an Iowa hat in any of the aforementioned places, there might be a "go hawks" or a "hawks suck" comment (still got that in Denver). Here in LA--nada.

btw I still watch BTN a lot. It really helps.

Interesting ... looks like LA will start caring about the Big Ten now. Ready for Rutgers at USC? :)