Aaron White Summer League Mix (EDIT: It's now Jordan vs. Bird)

So. You're saying that a sophomore in college like White has just a bit more to learn, prove, add to his game, etc etc before we can start comparing him to Bird? Really? Wow....shocking. Thanks for the insight.

I'm not the one who compared him to Bird, or said that all he really needed to do was improve his outside shooting to get to that level.

Feel free to get your panties out of a twist whenever you like.

Chill out guys...Bird is a bad comparison anyway...with all due respect to Jack, who made the comparison in the first place. It's just fun to project where The Ninja's game could take him with continued improvement.

Haha. I. Thomas was once ejected from a contest against Iowa, correct? Didn't he throw a sucker punch at an Iowa player back in the day and get tossed?

Holy crap...that has me racking my brain and soon the internet for some recall...I was just a pup back then!

Here you go Teddy, from wikipedia...

The following year, the 1980-81 season, Knight made Thomas the captain and told him to run the show on the floor.[3] Thomas responded so positively that, as the season unfolded, Knight and Thomas grew as friends. When a Purdue player took a cheap shot at Isiah in a game at Bloomington, Knight called a press conference to defend his star. And 19 days later, when Thomas hit an Iowa player and was ejected from a game, Knight refused to criticize Thomas.[3]

Knight's a douch`e...

Edit: Also found out it was Special K that Isaiah took a swing at...saying he was just trying to get the ball...

Last edited:
Haha. I. Thomas was once ejected from a contest against Iowa, correct? Didn't he throw a sucker punch at an Iowa player back in the day and get tossed?
I believe it was White Magic, Shane, Bobby Hansen was a very good defensive player and drove Isiah nuts. He frustrated the living He!! out of him and Isiah took offense at Bobby's defensive skills and threw a sissy punch at him.....

:D

Last edited:
I'm not the one who compared him to Bird, or said that all he really needed to do was improve his outside shooting to get to that level.

Feel free to get your panties out of a twist whenever you like.
Ever watch Bird play in collage, Tm.....

There are amazing similarities when he was a sophomore at Indiana State. I am not saying White will be an NBA Hall of Famer, just that he reminds me of Bird whom I personally watched at Vets three years in a row. White's game evolved his freshman year to the level of Bird's Sophomore year. He is a similar player to Bird but actually has more offensive skills. Merely my opinion, based on personal observation. In no way did I mean to imply that he is as good as Bird was his senior year at Indiana State or playing for the Boston Celtics. White is going to be a Sophmore at Iowa this season, and he does have more offensive skills than Bird did when he was a Sophomore playing in the MO Valley conference. Bird's three was one of the most potent weapons in the history of Professional Basketball. The time frame of the reference is not comparing White to Pro Hall of Famer Bird.....

We shall see how it works out for Aaron. If he approaches the level Bird did in college, I will be very pleased and we will be a team to reckon with.....

Last edited:
I believe it was White Magic, Shane, Bobby Hansen was a very good defensive player and drove Isiah nuts. He frustrated the living He!! out of him and Isiah took offensive at Bobby's defensive skills and threw a sissy punch at him.....

Well crap...I took Special K right from an excerpt from a book about Thomas...but they did refer to it as a "flagrant foul" so maybe it's 2 different situations!?!?

Can't remember if he was tossed out of the game, but he was seriously pizzled at Hansen and took a little girl swing at him......

Loved Bobby Hansen, watched him at Dowling the year they won the state championship.....

:)

Nothing is worse than guys like Ronco. People want to come on to websites like this and talk about sports and the hawks. People want to say outlandish, and ridiculous things. People try to express their opinions and generate debate about players, coaches, games.

...and guys like Ronco come in to stop it. FYI to anyone that posts on this website, dare you not say anything crazy or controversial, and IF YOU DO... Ronco is here to stop you. Because that's not allowed on this blogsite!

**** off Ronco
Well put. Teddy...

Can't remember if he was tossed out of the game, but he was seriously pizzled at Hansen and took a little girl swing at him......

Loved Bobby Hansen, watched him at Dowling the year they won the state championship.....

Well that's cuz he was the girl in his kissy kissy relationship with Magic...;)

I remembered i hated Detriot Pistons whenever they play Boston Celtics , used to be slugfests and bodyslams and ejects. I missed those days

Latest posts