A Question…

Fryowa

Administrator
A reporter needs to Google the NCAA record for three and outs in a season, and ask Kirk how the F he’s blown past that mark at 90 miles an hour in the 6th game of the season.

Law of averages. We had absolutely no business winning the amount of games we did last year with our shit fest offense.

Kirk is paid to win football games..his effort is half assed at this point and just a loser. Time to move on from this arrogance.

A reporter needs to Google the NCAA record for three and outs in a season, and ask Kirk how the F he’s blown past that mark at 90 miles an hour in the 6th game of the season.
Practice makes Perfect huh? Go Hawks. Players tough Guys!

Kirk is paid to win football games..his effort is half assed at this point and just a loser. Time to move on from this arrogance.
Kirk has an army of rabidly supportive donors behind him. He ain't going anywhere until he decides to leave.

At the game there was some sort of giveaway with local McDonald's stores if the Illini forced three three and outs. They had accomplished that feat very early in the game and fans sitting adjacent to me were wondering if the stores would double or triple the offer.

At the game there was some sort of giveaway with local McDonald's stores if the Illini forced three three and outs. They had accomplished that feat very early in the game and fans sitting adjacent to me were wondering if the stores would double or triple the offer.

On a side note, the AP is reporting that two McDonald's in Champaign are declaring Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Kirk has an army of rabidly supportive donors behind him. He ain't going anywhere until he decides to leave.
I see this comment repeatedly, from you and others. A question: How do we know this? I am not trying to start an argument. Seriously, I would really like to know.

I see this comment repeatedly, from you and others. A question: How do we know this? I am not trying to start an argument. Seriously, I would really like to know.
My boss who I report directly to is the co-owner of a mid-size manufacturing company with 600 employees in 3 locations in and near NW Iowa. He writes 4 checks a year from his own account totaling low 6 digits and our company does the same. Those transfers (used to be checks) actually come across my desk.

He's in close contact with a lot of the major donors either through networking or agriculture. Lots of them actually come through our office and they talk state of the union in the donor world. What a lot of people don't know is that there are some VERY rich farm owners (not really farmers anymore) who donate unbelievable amounts of money to Iowa sports. There was a certain quad cities real estate developer/Hawkeye "fan" here last week as a matter of fact. Really cool Corvette but it didn't fit his elderly style if you ask me...

You're free to believe me or not, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that almost all of Iowa's major legacy sports donors are 110% on the Ferentz train no matter what he decides to do. And that's not hyperbole. They love this guy and they are giving money with that in mind. My boss is not on the Ferentz train (Brian) but he's a huge homer and continues to give, which is totally his prerogative. He's not the type of guy who'd start a bunch of fuss and threaten to quit donating, and it wouldn't matter if he did. The biggest guys are dealing with extra digits of money.

The folks who own the I-80 truck stop and donated millions to get their name on the head coach "job title..." If Iowa did something contrary to the Captain's wishes and forward vision that money would be gone in an instant. They're bonkers Ferentz disciples; borderline Jonestown. It's no different than how ridiculously in love donors were with Tom Osborne except for the whole being really good and winning titles thing.

James is ok. He was a funny person when i was in HS with him.
I've heard people who know him and the family say he's the one that should be in Brian's position and he actually has the brains to be a head guy some day. I have know idea, never met the guy.