A Question…

I have an Uncle who is part of the Okoboji area boosters, so there may be some overlap in who we are talking about. These guys aren't farmers, just rich local business guys. The sense he is getting is that Barta is being messaged pretty aggressively that KF remains god, but his son aint Jesus. The boosters certainly think that KF is untouchable, but it doesn't mean that they don't want changes. No one is threatening to slow the dollars, but the natives are restless and KF did not get to this point in his career without being politically savvy. Let's not forget that he nudged his best friend out the door at OC when everyone here wanted KOK's head on a platter. I remain of the view that Brian "is recruited away" to the NFL next season. If so, let's hope KF makes a better fucking hire this time.

I have an Uncle who is part of the Okoboji area boosters, so there may be some overlap in who we are talking about. These guys aren't farmers, just rich local business guys. The sense he is getting is that Barta is being messaged pretty aggressively that KF remains god, but his son aint Jesus. The boosters certainly think that KF is untouchable, but it doesn't mean that they don't want changes. No one is threatening to slow the dollars, but the natives are restless and KF did not get to this point in his career without being politically savvy. Let's not forget that he nudged his best friend out the door at OC when everyone here wanted KOK's head on a platter. I remain of the view that Brian "is recruited away" to the NFL next season. If so, let's hope KF makes a better fucking hire this time.
You actually explained the situation in your post as to why he’s (BF) not going anywhere. “Barta is being messaged pretty aggressively that KF remains god…”

When the rubber hits the road the boosters might not agree with Kirk’s choice for OC, but they still worship him enough that he’s not going to get pressured into anything.

Also want to point out one thing that you’re either mistaken about or you interpreted incorrectly from your uncle. Boosters don’t go to Barta with complaints about the football program. It’s very well known in donor circles and other people with professional connections to the program (Rob just a few days ago on this forum, for example) that Barta doesn’t make decisions at that level and he sure as hell isn’t going to be someone who fired BF or even told Kirk to do get rid of him. Not gonna happen. If someone is a very wealthy donor to the football program they know that.

Your uncle might be aware of grumbling and unhappiness about Brian among major boosters, but they aren’t going to Barta about it. If Brian leaves it will be because he quits on his own or KF tells him to resign. Neither is likely.

You actually explained the situation in your post as to why he’s (BF) not going anywhere. “Barta is being messaged pretty aggressively that KF remains god…”

When the rubber hits the road the boosters might not agree with Kirk’s choice for OC, but they still worship him enough that he’s not going to get pressured into anything.

Also want to point out one thing that you’re either mistaken about or you interpreted incorrectly from your uncle. Boosters don’t go to Barta with complaints about the football program. It’s very well known in donor circles and other people with professional connections to the program (Rob just a few days ago on this forum, for example) that Barta doesn’t make decisions at that level and he sure as hell isn’t going to be someone who fired BF or even told Kirk to do get rid of him. Not gonna happen. If someone is a very wealthy donor to the football program they know that.

Your uncle might be aware of grumbling and unhappiness about Brian among major boosters, but they aren’t going to Barta about it. If Brian leaves it will be because he quits on his own or KF tells him to resign. Neither is likely.
You either misunderstood what I posted or you and I have different understanding of how the process works.

The boosters that run in my uncle's circles don't have regular and direct access to KF. The man is pretty busy, especially during season, so he isn't fielding calls from the money guys all that often. But, these boosters have regular access to Barta and that is where they are directing their angst. There is no hope or belief that Barta is going to fire BF or force KF to do anything. However, Barta does have regular access to KF, of course, and there is hope that Barta will convey to KF that he should strongly consider changes.

I agree that Barta does not wield decision-making power, but he is the go-between with regard to the money and KF. I have heard that characterization from multiple sources outside of my uncle.

You either misunderstood what I posted or you and I have different understanding of how the process works.

The boosters that run in my uncle's circles don't have regular and direct access to KF. The man is pretty busy, especially during season, so he isn't fielding calls from the money guys all that often. But, these boosters have regular access to Barta and that is where they are directing their angst. There is no hope or belief that Barta is going to fire BF or force KF to do anything. However, Barta does have regular access to KF, of course, and there is hope that Barta will convey to KF that he should strongly consider changes.

I agree that Barta does not wield decision-making power, but he is the go-between with regard to the money and KF. I have heard that characterization from multiple sources outside of my uncle.

This is how I envision the communication to be and how it should be. For people on here to say that boosters are happy and will support KF no matter what seems a bit crazy. At the end of the day those boosters are fans just like us but with money and influence. You can't tell me anyone is happy with the offense, it's at the level of embarrassment. Right now, yes, KF is still god but if KF were to let this shit show continue and Iowa's offense continues to be an embarrassment then eventually boosters will start threatening and Barta doesn't want it to ever get to that stage.

Latest posts