A Perfect Storm

right now I am not worried about Iowa's defense as mich got zero points and 190 yards the last 50 minutes of that game

jNW, Wisky, PSu and Minny have strong defenses.

nebby Illinois and purdue maybe dont have strong defenses.

the iowa coaches need to figure out how to score on offense or this season is 7 or 6 wins. get creative, practice high percentage passes for any down, run the ball

get your play makers involved

Are you crapping me, MN does not have a good defense. They had to outshoot a bad Purdue team.

Last week - Iowa's going to the playoffs -

lose on the road as a dog to a top 25 team who is a blue blood program - FIRE THE OC, HC, WE MIGHT NOT EVEN MAKE A BOWL NOW.

It's awesome. This is how I know we have a great football program. It doesn't win enough for me, but these type of reactions is fandom at peak heights. Peak heights. I love Hawkeyenation .... so much. Love you guys.

When Iowa has no running game, nothing works. They tried to go to our big wide receivers to break the stalemate, and Michigan's DBs proved better than our WR on 50/50 plays. Our recovering LT Jackson was not up to game speed, so Stanley was running for his life and wasn't getting the signals on the line right, and our secondary wasn't ready for their speed in the first quarter.

Iowa played a better game than Michigan from then on. They had more first downs, and ran 20 more plays than UM. If not for the early turnovers, caused mostly by injury, and the penalties, again caused by not being fully up to speed because of injury, Iowa likely could have won that game. If you play that game ten times, Iowa wins 5 and Mich. wins five. It was a complete toss-up.

When Iowa has no running game, nothing works. They tried to go to our big wide receivers to break the stalemate, and Michigan's DBs proved better than our WR on 50/50 plays. Our recovering LT Jackson was not up to game speed, so Stanley was running for his life and wasn't getting the signals on the line right, and our secondary wasn't ready for their speed in the first quarter.

Iowa played a better game than Michigan from then on. They had more first downs, and ran 20 more plays than UM. If not for the early turnovers, caused mostly by injury, and the penalties, again caused by not being fully up to speed because of injury, Iowa likely could have won that game. If you play that game ten times, Iowa wins 5 and Mich. wins five. It was a complete toss-up.
I think most reasonable fans expected and hoped that one of the most experienced QBs in the entire nation would be the one to lead Iowa through these challenges. I think most reasonable fans expected better adjustments by an OC as well. Iowa played like a confused, beached, whale. As it was, both individuals looked like they had the 1,000 yard stare during and after the battle.

I think most reasonable fans expected and hoped that one of the most experienced QBs in the entire nation would be the one to lead Iowa through these challenges. I think most reasonable fans expected better adjustments by an OC as well. Iowa played like a confused, beached, whale. As it was, both individuals looked like they had the 1,000 yard stare during and after the battle.

Those are reasonable expectations in my book. I don't put it all on Stanley, I think a lot of it was the line, not picking up the blitz and adjusting to the blitz also, Nate Stanley not being very mobile. There's a lot of blame to go around. I would put BF at the top of the list.

Those are reasonable expectations in my book. I don't put it all on Stanley, I think a lot of it was the line, not picking up the blitz and adjusting to the blitz also, Nate Stanley not being very mobile. There's a lot of blame to go around. I would put BF at the top of the list.
Agree, he is the OC...the leader, he is responsible. That said, Stanley freezes so often and just can't make a quick release, an easy target for most rushing attacks. GET RID OF IT, IT HAS BEEN 5 SECONDS!

Can we quit saying this?
Iowa was never at the level Wisc is right now for as long as they have been.

From 2001-2009 Iowa was every bit as good as the current Wisconsin program.

Wisconsin is what they've been since 2000. A very good program, nothing more, nothing less. The difference over the last few years is they just play in an easy division now and Iowa has been a slightly above average program since 2010 and is their main competitor.

Wisconsin is a program that hasn't beaten Ohio St since 2010, PSU since 2011, and is 2-2 against the Michigan coach everyone likes to make fun of.

If they were in the East they would be fighting like hell to be the 4th best program in the division.

Yeah, if I were Stanley, I would have audibles to call my own number on a few draws up the middle, certainly, and into some middle screens to Goodson, but Id also have gone to my wrs and said, they're holding you, fall the F down and make it obvious or push off, too. And when I hit you in the hands, catch the damned ball.

Yeah, if I were Stanley, I would have audibles to call my own number on a few draws up the middle, certainly, and into some middle screens to Goodson, but Id also have gone to my wrs and said, they're holding you, fall the F down and make it obvious or push off, too. And when I hit you in the hands, catch the damned ball.
Game time thinking, creativity, flexibility...not a trademark of Kirk, his staff, or those he coaches.

Hey now...playing for another coveted Outback Bowl bid is pretty important.

I get the sarcasm but I really like the Outback Bowl. The players love going there. Oh, yeah. This not about them; it’s all about you. (Yes, I know the kids would rather be in the BT championship game...me, too)

From 2001-2009 Iowa was every bit as good as the current Wisconsin program.

Wisconsin is what they've been since 2000. A very good program, nothing more, nothing less. The difference over the last few years is they just play in an easy division now and Iowa has been a slightly above average program since 2010 and is their main competitor.

Wisconsin is a program that hasn't beaten Ohio St since 2010, PSU since 2011, and is 2-2 against the Michigan coach everyone likes to make fun of.

If they were in the East they would be fighting like hell to be the 4th best program in the division.

I’m not anointing them this year yet either. They have yet to go on the road against a decent team. Sure you look great with the home crowd behind you, but let’s see that first year QB and oline in a tough environment.

Last edited:
I’m not anointing them this year yet either. They have yet to go on the road against a decent team. Sure you look great with the home crowd behind you, but let’s see that first year QB and oline in a tough environment.

5 straight home games. Lucky sons of bitches.

Than Go be Badger douche bag.......Wisconsinand our beloved Hawks have always slugged it out you friggin twit
I don't think you are supposed to write such things to fellow Hawkeye fans on this site. Please review the proper posting conduct on this site. Thanks!

Maybe you should focus on being a fan and quite being enamored with Wisky d*cks. Sorry for hurting your feelings but be a fan and not give accolades to anyone who plays us.

UOTE="Stanzi, post: 1876128, member: 77024"]We scored 3 freaking points against a middling defense. I can't just look past that.[/QUOTE]

I was one of those people that pushed back against that Wisconsin and Iowa couldn’t be really good at the same time. I think it is time for me to accept this is true.

KF is a good football coach, but he is slow to react sometimes . How they deal with blitzes, disguised or not, will more than likely be a point of emphasis this offseason. You could argue 3 years to late, better late than never I guess.

They better be dealing with it THIS WEEK!!!! We are gonna get blitzed for the rest of the season, until we show we can pick it up!!!

Wisconsin has long ago passed Iowa by, and is better than Iowa has ever been, and seems to sustain it, perhaps more is expected, this the results are better.
This is 100% correct and Wisky’s success in FB and BB all started with a great AD (who used to coach in Mason City)
...and we’re forever stuck with the lump of room-temperature oatmeal that is Gary Barta.

And that boys and girls is why we can’t have nice things like B1G Championships.

This is 100% correct and Wisky’s success in FB and BB all started with a great AD (who used to coach in Mason City)
...and we’re forever stuck with the lump of room-temperature oatmeal that is Gary Barta.

And that boys and girls is why we can’t have nice things like B1G Championships.
Status Quo is safe, and lucrative! Why risk it?

Latest posts