A&M makes it official...gone...

The article also states "pending acceptance by the SEC." Are they expected to accept?

The article also states "pending acceptance by the SEC." Are they expected to accept?

Now that they have official withdrawn from the Big 12 the SEC can pursue them. The withdrawal was a needed step in the whole process. A&M has behind closed doors assurances that they are a lock for the SEC. They would have to have that if they were going to stick their neck out and leave a conference.

Damn! It's days like today I get ****** that my workplace blocked CyFan. The conversation over there should be priceless.

I know, I know. It's been coming forever. This is different just because A&M made it official. Up until this point, everything was speculation.

Definitely not blaming you for posting. I'm just surprised it took this long to become official. Going to be interesting to see what happens now.

What's the next big move?

Definitely not blaming you for posting. I'm just surprised it took this long to become official. Going to be interesting to see what happens now.

What's the next big move?

I'm not sure but my guess would be the next move will come from either the Big 10 or the Pac 12 trying to keep up with the SEC when they go to 14 teams.

Whats the big news here? Big 12 search committee underway.

And I'm sure they will do an excellent job. Unfortunately for the Big 12, if a tug-o-war begins when other conferences try to move to 14 teams the leverage will not be in the Big 12's side of the rope.

Answer: no one.
Maybe so, but when SEC goes to 14 the other conferences could do the same plucking teams from your precious Big 12, Big East, ACC. Ta&m was sick of sucking hind tit from Texas. So is Missouri and if another conference comes calling they're gone. We'll see

It would be pretty funny if A&M didn't get invited to the SEC and they were stuck with their johnson in their hand.

That would be funny, but numerous sources saying that it's a done deal. Not that things couldn't change in a second (see expansion talk 2010.)

I think it would be funny if BYU told the Big 12 no. Then it would be down to scraping for mid-majors to join that catastrophe of a conference. With that said, I think BYU joins the Big 12 and everything stays quiet for now.

Maybe so, but when SEC goes to 14 the other conferences could do the same plucking teams from your precious Big 12, Big East, ACC. Ta&m was sick of sucking hind tit from Texas. So is Missouri and if another conference comes calling they're gone. We'll see
Maybe but ultimately this will all be decided by lawyers and politicians oh and lawsuits. That is why no one currently in a power conference will fall and ultimately it up to the teams in the MAC and WAC to hope for the move up.

Latest posts