7-5, we all know it.

I really think the college football world has passed us by. We are outdated. We are slow. We are vanilla. We are stubborn to change. I watch other teams and I think we are in trouble. We are very close to becoming purdont.

I really think the college football world has passed us by. We are outdated. We are slow. We are vanilla. We are stubborn to change. I watch other teams and I think we are in trouble. We are very close to becoming purdont.

I've gotten so sick of being called "old school" by the announcers that I want to puke every time I hear it.

I've gotten so sick of being called "old school" by the announcers that I want to puke every time I hear it.

There's nothing wrong with being old school if we have studs at level of the defense, a killer o-line, a decent QB and one solid RB. If we had that every year, we'd go 8-4 at a minimum. The problem is, we don't have studs where we need them every year and our coaching does nothing to try to overcome our talent deficiencies.

There's nothing wrong with being old school if we have studs at level of the defense, a killer o-line, a decent QB and one solid RB. If we had that every year, we'd go 8-4 at a minimum. The problem is, we don't have studs where we need them every year and our coaching does nothing to try to overcome our talent deficiencies.

I agree 100%. I don't care what style we play if it wins, but when things just feel outdated and ineffective, it grates on me.

I'd like to know who recruited all the guys we had from 2002-04. Whoever that was, we need them back in Iowa City.

I agree 100%. I don't care what style we play if it wins, but when things just feel outdated and ineffective, it grates on me.

I'd like to know who recruited all the guys we had from 2002-04. Whoever that was, we need them back in Iowa City.

Prolly Joe Philbin and Bert Bielema. We just need to land another Blake Larsen.

Saddest part is I use to get excited when it was third or fourth and short and our D was out there. Now I just want to look away and hope for the best.

The D is (usually) at least solid, sometimes very good to great. I just find myself wondering what our W/L records would look like if we had merely a competent offense to go along with it. Doesn't have to be Baylor or Oregon, just productive.

There would be a lot of close L's that would turn into W's.

7-5 is an insult, a really poor season based the schedule the powers-that-be and the conference gifted Iowa this year. Would anyone honestly follow this team to a minor bowl with a 7-5 record?

Latest posts