7-5, we all know it.

Iowa has lead in every game year, and has been within 1 score of winning each of them.With a few improvements they will turn the close losses to close wins. So I'll go 11-2.

Yes, Iowa has had the lead in every game. They did not have the lead at the end of two of them. And they should have.

The only chance the Hawks have of staving off disaster this season is to play CJ. Jake just doesn't seem to have it.

This is one of those seasons that could still be really good, or really bad, or really average like most of our seasons lately. What is new. In some of these games this year I've suufered pangs of pain that only a Cyclone fan can feel on a regular basis.

Ya this is going to sound negative, but I honestly have no faith in this coaching staff. Kirk and Greg are a terrible match, and they cant decide which offense they wanna run. Your running game is actually working, but instead you decide to run passing plays that are either incomplete, sacked, or a catch that fails to reach the first down marker.

Last week I felt iowa finally found themselves, but yesterday, they play not to lose once again. So based on the trend that is going on with this team, it seems logical that we will beat Northwestern and look good doing it, but then when we go up to Minnesota, we will lose the same way we lost to ISU and Maryland, crap play calling, failure to use our best players, and a play not to lose mentality. Minnesota's Cobb is going to run all over us. 23-17 Minnesota wins.

Iowa will then beat Illinois, but by luck. And then drop the final two games in very bad fashion to end the season 7-5. Complete failure by the coaches this season. Had the easiest schedule, yet we cant capitalize on it.

If beathard is healthy and starts the last 5 games and we lose everyone of them and at least look like we have a pulse offensively, i would take it. Watching that offense as it currently runs with rudock, i just can't take it. If we throw the ball down the field and look like we are actually trying to score, that is what i am most interested in. Frankly, if our defense plays as poor as it has the last 2 games, we may win 1 or 2 games no matter who the QB is.

Its *possible* we beat nw, *probable* we beat Illinois - the other three I don't see a snowballs chance in hell that we win...so...yeah, 7-5. Not just that, but an incredibly unsatisfying 7-5. Its not like a "young team getting some stuff figured out & maturing before your very eyes, whoa boy look out for next year!" 7-5...its like an "Iowa fan, this...is...your...life (until either Ferrets has the stones to fire Davis or barta has the stones to fire the fat cat himself)" 7-5.

8-4 is an absolute travesty with this schedule. I can really see 6-6, maybe 5-7. Iowa's really gonna find out the next month because they haven't played anyone yet. This could get real ugly fast.

8-4 is an absolute travesty with this schedule. I can really see 6-6, maybe 5-7. Iowa's really gonna find out the next month because they haven't played anyone yet. This could get real ugly fast.

That's the part that frightens me - Maryland is the only team with a semblance of a pulse we've played and they blew our doors off. The worst is yet to come.

7-5 is the new 5-6.

The real season starts in two weeks.

Finish 4-1 and defeat Nebraska and they will play for the Big Ten championship.

There is enough talent on this team to accomplish that.

Can this coaching staff put it together? That is the big question.

For the life of me, I still can't understand why Beathard isn't starting. I think he gives us the best chance to win. It isn't as if Rudock is playing "flawless" football. Rudock makes dumb decisions and poor throws (which apparently is the big knock on Beathard). Why not go with the better athlete?

I just don't get it.....

I really dont have a strong idea on our record; it all comes down to making a qb switch (longer drives help defense, players won't subconsciously "let up" out of frustration). If CJB sees field i think we could go 3-2 or 4-1, we have the talent. However, I've gotta believe after this weeks non playing time for CJ that in KF's mind, the qb controversy is over and therefore we get JR. We've seen these results and I believe we go 2-3 or 1-4.

Thus, and it hurts to even think this possible, but 6-6 or 7-5 is a very real, sad but true outcome.

The real season starts in two weeks.

Finish 4-1 and defeat Nebraska and they will play for the Big Ten championship.

There is enough talent on this team to accomplish that.

Can this coaching staff put it together? That is the big question.

For the life of me, I still can't understand why Beathard isn't starting. I think he gives us the best chance to win. It isn't as if Rudock is playing "flawless" football. Rudock makes dumb decisions and poor throws (which apparently is the big knock on Beathard). Why not go with the better athlete?

I just don't get it.....

Dude, our back 7 on defense is terrible. It is honestly worse than Northwestern's. And our offense, oh goodness. That offense is just abysmal. There may be some stud WRs, but I just don't know because our line is so bad that our QB gets blown up when he wants to throw deep and then on the occasion that he wants to throw deep, it better be against a bad defense and the primary guy better be wide open or else the ball is gonna checked down for 3 yards. Our division is awful, but we are pretty awful, too. And Nebraska is gonna beat us by at least 17.

I agree that 7-5 seems like a pretty likely scenario, and with this schedule, that's shameful.

NW & ILL seem like the most likely remaining W's. Winning both of those would put us at 7 wins.

I'm not sure a see a win @Minnesota, who is a much improved program these days.

Wisky/Nebby are going to be tough games as well, but they are in Kinnick so maaaaaybe Iowa could pull an upset.

That said, I'm not sure beating NW is a foregone conclusion, either. Pat Fitzgerald absolutely loves sticking it to us, and has done a pretty good job of doing so, overall.

Illinois, I don't know much about them, but this seems like a "you'd better win this one" type of game.

Its *possible* we beat nw, *probable* we beat Illinois - the other three I don't see a snowballs chance in hell that we win...so...yeah, 7-5. Not just that, but an incredibly unsatisfying 7-5. Its not like a "young team getting some stuff figured out & maturing before your very eyes, whoa boy look out for next year!" 7-5...its like an "Iowa fan, this...is...your...life (until either Ferrets has the stones to fire Davis or barta has the stones to fire the fat cat himself)" 7-5.

That's just it. I could have accepted 7-5 LAST YEAR, after going 4-8 in 2012. But after going 8-4 in the 2013 regular season and appearing in the Outback Bowl... Going 7-5 this year, year 3 of Greg Davis's so-called "system" being in place and a lot of our offense returning, and a ridiculously easy schedule.. 7-5 under these circumstances feels to me very much like going 7-5 (8-5 with the bowl win) in 2010 after winning the Orange Bowl the year before.

In other words: Complete disappointment. Regression.

Season ain't over yet, though.

Latest posts