4 Star WR Adonis Jennings decommits from Rutgers

Is this from the pay boards, or are you just inferring it since he visited Pitt this weekend, then de committed?

My own commentary on the situation. Timing seems to fit a Pitt commitment much more than an Iowa commitment, especially after Pitt beat ND on national TV Saturday night.

He's gone, we need to let this one go. We aren't taking him from Nick Saban short of him leaving for Texas before signing day.
If Saban does leave for Texas then it'll be before signing day for obvious reasons. However, unless Texas finished 0-3 and then loses their bowl game Brown isn't going anywhere. Their bb coach, Barnes, will be the first to go.

If Saban does leave for Texas then it'll be before signing day for obvious reasons. However, unless Texas finished 0-3 and then loses their bowl game Brown isn't going anywhere. Their bb coach, Barnes, will be the first to go.

Oklahoma State (8-1)
Texas Tech (7-3)
@ Baylor (8-0)

It could happen, I know plenty of Horn fans that think it is time for a change.

I just don't understand the thought process of leaving your home state and sitting the bench for 2 years essentially. I get that the titles are nice, but I feel like the chance of getting in the NFL at a high pick happens just as much at Iowa.
Getting titles while on the bench is lame. I dont get it either, if you are a worthy four or five at iowa you will see play time sooner then being behind sr,jr and soph four and five star. Like you said as for going pro, you stand just as good of chance as anywhere and better than most places.

I think I'd agree with Hawkfromnorwalk re: Pit. Let's keep in mind who the coach is at Pit. Paul Crist, I believe, was largely responsible for the offensive talent Wisky enjoyed while he was there. Couple that with beating ND, and Jennings could see bright lights at Pit. Hopefully, HFN and I are both wrong and Jennings likes our offense better...

Just so we are clear, He didn't decommit because Pitt beat ND. He decommitted because he lied to Rutgers coaching staff and they pulled his offer according to Hawkeye Report payboards.

Remember the Cyrus Dude who chose Alabama over Iowa. His brother went there at the time. Wonder how he did. Can't really blame him for choosing Alabama, but did he play much.....

I don't follow Alabama unless they are playing LSU or the title game.....

Did watch Johnny Football almost beat them earlier in the year.....

One thing about Kurt. He beats Saban at MSU and LSU.....

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Since the football team has been on a winning streak, this is becoming more likely down here and has been discussed frequently this weekend.

Maybe the Saban to Texas rumors shake up current 'bama commits.

Any four star we get is a good thing.

I just don't understand the thought process of leaving your home state and sitting the bench for 2 years essentially. I get that the titles are nice, but I feel like the chance of getting in the NFL at a high pick happens just as much at Iowa.

Nice? Its the whole point, to win. Also, when was the last true freshman Kirk played on the OL?

Remember the Cyrus Dude who chose Alabama over Iowa. His brother went there at the time. Wonder how he did. Can't really blame him for choosing Alabama, but did he play much.....

:rolleyes:
Cy starts at left tackle, his brother starts at guard. Based on what I saw him do against LSU over the weekend, I'd guess that he would be a 1st round draft choice.

Pitt now has a 5-4 record vs a weak schedule and could finish out of a bowl. Not sure that Pitt is going to impress with that kind of season. Also, they have a weak fan base at that pro stadium...very empty. Jennings saw almost 70k fans at Kinnick....it was an impressive showing for the Iowa fan base.

We have some good assistant coaches on staff now, that are ounger and more aggressively recruiting players. Let's reel in some good ones to finish this class. Some WRs would be perfect!!!

The head coach lives and dies with the quality of his staff. Haydon assembled a suprstar staff. As long as it stayed intact, Iowa was a major factor.Good luck to KF. He surely knows this. Recruiting is the NUMBER 1 ingrediant to success.

My own commentary on the situation. Timing seems to fit a Pitt commitment much more than an Iowa commitment, especially after Pitt beat ND on national TV Saturday night.

Rutgers likely pulled the offer because he chose to go on ANOTHER visit...he probably tweets that he decommits to save a little face?

The head coach lives and dies with the quality of his staff. Haydon assembled a suprstar staff. As long as it stayed intact, Iowa was a major factor.Good luck to KF. He surely knows this. Recruiting is the NUMBER 1 ingrediant to success.
George Raveling.
Raveling forgot about Iowa's 'knowledgeable' fan base. This is the tamest post (and kinda side noteish) I could make in this thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts