4 Star WR Adonis Jennings decommits from Rutgers

This is where Iowa's audition could hurt them. 8-4 is the only way we can really show him that things are on the up and up. 7-5 won't be good enough, IMO, to convince him that the Wisconsin game wasn't the norm.
4-8----> 7-5----> 9-3? 10-2? that' the progression the coaches likely hope to see and will talk about. What makes Pitt's resume any better? They're likely to end up 7-5 or 6-6 themselves.

Remember the Cyrus Dude who chose Alabama over Iowa. His brother went there at the time. Wonder how he did. Can't really blame him for choosing Alabama, but did he play much.....

I don't follow Alabama unless they are playing LSU or the title game.....

Did watch Johnny Football almost beat them earlier in the year.....

One thing about Kurt. He beats Saban at MSU and LSU.....

:rolleyes:

Him and his brother are both starters and both will be playing in the NFL.

This Iowa offense is 1 good receiver away from being good, not great but good.
and we don't need a great offense. a good offense positions us well as the defense should be pretty dang good again next year, as with an experience d line, we've been good at filling the LB roles throughout the years.

Which begs the question:

Why in the hell would anyone commit to Rutgers in the first place?

Good question. Proximity to home perhaps? Playing time?

You could also ask, whey would a 4* WR want to go to Iowa...unless he really wanted to work on his run-blocking

You could also ask, whey would a 4* WR want to go to Iowa...unless he really wanted to work on his run-blocking
Yeah, I didn't say that (thought it, though).

Why would a presumed 'narcisist' 4 star wide receiver want to come to Iowa?

What do the following WRs all have in common? (please answer with the same detail as your negative drivel towards iowa's head coach) Then, what do 3 of the 4 have in common? Of course, not surprising that you wouldn't be aware of this.

DJK
McNutt
Early
Kasper

What do the following WRs all have in common? (please answer with the same detail as your negative drivel towards iowa's head coach) Then, what do 3 of the 4 have in common? Of course, not surprising that you wouldn't be aware of this.

DJK
McNutt
Early
Kasper
I can answer for the top two: They played under KF. KF, who would rather take time off the clock than score points.

DJK
McNutt
Early
Kasper

Rather than return your snarky tone, I'll answer in more detail

They're all among Iowa's all time leading receivers and all got drafted (well 3 out of 4) with only Early having a significant NFL career...so far (I'd still love to see Marvin make it)

Early played under Fry...not Ferentz.
Kasper walked on under Fry and played into KFz's tenure.
McNutt was recruited as a QB and converted.
DJK came in as an "athlete" (and in retrospect an immature narcissist) with perhaps the most raw talent of the group.

They're arguably Iowa's best 4 WRs ever. (though Chappelle, Hinkel and a few others might have a say in that)

What exactly is your point? Trivial pursuit is not my game. WAIT...I got it. They're proof that IOWA is not the road to the NFL for a WR...right?

Last edited:
Rather than return your snarky tone, I'll answer in more detail

They're all among Iowa's all time leading receivers and all got drafted (well 3 out of 4) with only Early having a significant NFL career...so far (I'd still love to see Marvin make it)

Early played under Fry...not Ferentz.
Kasper walked on under Fry and played into KFz's tenure.
McNutt was recruited as a QB and converted.
DJK came in as an "athlete" (and in retrospect an immature narcissist) with perhaps the most raw talent of the group.

They're arguably Iowa's best 4 WRs ever. (though Chappelle, Hinkel and a few others might have a say in that)

What exactly is your point? Trivial pursuit is not my game. WAIT...I got it. They're proof that IOWA is not the road to the NFL for a WR...right?

Danan Hughes waves hello

He just visited Pitt this weekend when they beat #23 Notre Dame. He visited Iowa when they got pounded by Wisconsin. Guessing Pitt.

I wonder if he was impressed by Pitt's loss to Navy this year? I wonder if he is impressed by the possibility of playing at a school (Pitt) that averages about 10,000 fans less a game than Iowa State? (45,000 or so)

or, he could come to Iowa and play in the Big House, the Horseshoe, and best of all, Kinnick!

I wonder if he was impressed by Pitt's loss to Navy this year? I wonder if he is impressed by the possibility of playing at a school (Pitt) that averages about 10,000 fans less a game than Iowa State? (45,000 or so)

or, he could come to Iowa and play in the Big House, the Horseshoe, and best of all, Kinnick!

I hear ya. But you never know with East Coast kids. Some of them just don't want to stray too far from home. There are plenty of guys that make the trek to a Midwest school like IOWA and it's just the thing for them. Others just like the city too much and don't wanna do "fly over country".

Actually he wouldn't get to play in the Big House or the Horseshoe. If he would redshirt in 2014 that means he plays in 15,16,17, and 2018. Iowa doesn't go to Michigan until 2019 and OSU in 2020 at the earliest.

Latest posts