#4 Iowa @ Indiana Game Day Thread

My only worry is Maryland

Maryland goes to Purdue and to Indiana. They could easily lose both, plus play Michigan who has already beaten them, tho not likely to lose to them at home. One thing's for damned sure, Maryland or Indiana will lose when they play each other.

Maryland goes to Purdue and to Indiana. They could easily lose both, plus play Michigan who has already beaten them, tho not likely to lose to them at home. One thing's for damned sure, Maryland or Indiana will lose when they play each other.

I think Wisconsin is more likely to beat them than Michigan

Hope you're all right...but I don't see it with this team...Ever since the last MSU game really...haven't been able to beat a team with a pulse on the road. I worry about the UM game big time.

Usually the teams that go deep into tourney are the same teams that were "Road Warriors" during the regular season.

LOL what??? Their two losses in conference are on the road to top 5 Maryland and soon to be ranked again Indiana. They've won literally every other road game in conference play including wins at MSU and Purdue, and I'm pretty sure those teams have a pulse. We also won at Illinois which is never an easy place to win.

You say it happens all the time but you can only say it after the games they lose. You couldn't say it after the game in East Lansing. You couldn't say it after the home game against Purdue. You couldn't say it after we played 3 bad teams and beat them by double digits. You were able to say it tonight and more than likely you'll be able to say it in the tourney. Even if it's in the championship game you won't care that we didn't choke 5 strait tines. You will just say we always choke when the spotlight's on.

No, no I won't. I'll only say it when it applies. The other great wins were GREAT but there wasn't nearly the expectation nor the opportunity associated with them as there is with this one (and, to a lesser degree, Maryland). The nation is watching with expectation that the #4 team in America is going to beat an unranked "paper tiger" and SEIZE the opportunity to securely take sole possession of 1st place in the B14, honestly living up to it's billing.

They failed when the lights were on - when they had an opportunity to demonstrate - just like the football team did, just like they sort of did at Maryland (in terms of turning in a pathetic performance).

I have no delusions that Iowa will be in the championship game. I think their ceiling is the Sweet 16. Anything beyond that and they have exceeded my expectations, so, they lived up to their billing. I wouldn't say it in those circumstances. I say it because they were beaten - pretty handily - by a team they are "supposed" to be better than because the other team "hadn't played anybody" (remember, Iowa fans).

No, no I won't. I'll only say it when it applies. The other great wins were GREAT but there wasn't nearly the expectation nor the opportunity associated with them as there is with this one (and, to a lesser degree, Maryland). The nation is watching with expectation that the #4 team in America is going to beat an unranked "paper tiger" and SEIZE the opportunity to securely take sole possession of 1st place in the B14, honestly living up to it's billing.

They failed when the lights were on - when they had an opportunity to demonstrate - just like the football team did, just like they sort of did at Maryland (in terms of turning in a pathetic performance).

I have no delusions that Iowa will be in the championship game. I think their ceiling is the Sweet 16. Anything beyond that and they have exceeded my expectations, so, they lived up to their billing. I wouldn't say it in those circumstances. I say it because they were beaten - pretty handily - by a team they are "supposed" to be better than because the other team "hadn't played anybody" (remember, Iowa fans).

They didn't get beat handily....

Why watch sports if they make you this miserable? One loss to a good team on the road where teams rarely win in college basketball and your spewing annoying, childish, fatalistic nonsense.

Why do people freak out so much over missed free throws? No one in the world makes 100% of them so misses are going to happen. Some games everyone happens to make more than their average and sometimes everyone makes less than their average so the team stat for that game looks bad. If they wanted you to make every one, they would put the line 2 feet from the basket.

Is your first sentence serious? We shot 50% from the line tonight. Indiana shot 90%. That was the difference. If both teams shoot their typical averages Iowa wins. It's not unreasonable to expect a top 5 D1 team to shoot better than 50% from the line.

You have to be under 25 years of age. If so, I get it, life and death with every game. If you're not, "lighten up Francis".

They pretty much trailed the whole game tonight...that's getting beat handily.

First of all no, no it's not. Second of all Iowa had a 4 point lead midway through the second half and went back and forth until the last three minutes when Indiana pulled away a little.

It's also important to keep in mind that Indiana is loaded with top recruits. Crean might suck as a coach, but that roster is very talented.

Last side comment... 2 to 1 you voted for Berne in the caucus. That is if you are old enough to vote.

Is your first sentence serious? We shot 50% from the line tonight. Indiana shot 90%. That was the difference. If both teams shoot their typical averages Iowa wins. It's not unreasonable to expect a top 5 D1 team to shoot better than 50% from the line.

Yea it sucks they shot 50% tonight. I just love when people say things like "I can make a free throw why can't they" or "its a FREE THROW! No one's guarding you how can you not make it?" News flash people. Free throws aren't automatic and you're not going to shoot your average every night.

It's definitely the stat to point to tonight and it's the biggest reason they lost. It's just funny how people think every single one of them should be a given.

Yea it sucks they shot 50% tonight. I just love when people say things like "I can make a free throw why can't they" or "its a FREE THROW! No one's guarding you how can you not make it?" News flash people. Free throws aren't automatic and you're not going to shoot your average every night.

It's definitely the stat to point to tonight and it's the biggest reason they lost. It's just funny how people think every single one of them should be a given.

Agreed. By no means do I expect them to make every one or even 80% + but damn, 50% is a killer.

Indiana holds up funny pictures while a free throw shooter is shooting. We looked at them and laughed too much. It doesn't happen in other venues and we'll be fine for the rest of the season.

Why watch sports if they make you this miserable? One loss to a good team on the road where teams rarely win in college basketball and your spewing annoying, childish, fatalistic nonsense.

I'm not miserable. I accept reality. I understand that's annoying to you -- truth usually annoys most in the world, these days. I don't think I'm being childish, at all.

I accept getting beat after putting it all out there and just not being as talented or skilled as the opponent. I don't like to accept bad performance in big moments. It's my observation, not just this season, not just basketball, but repeatedly, over time, that IOWA, with unusual frequency, lays an egg in big games. Not just "gets beat" but "loses" and doesn't look very good doing it; certainly less than what you would expect given their ranking or talent and skill. It's hardly fatalistic nonsense when I'm stating historical facts.

I'm not miserable. I accept reality. I understand that's annoying to you -- truth usually annoys most in the world, these days. I don't think I'm being childish, at all.

I accept getting beat after putting it all out there and just not being as talented or skilled as the opponent. I don't like to accept bad performance in big moments. It's my observation, not just this season, not just basketball, but repeatedly, over time, that IOWA, with unusual frequency, lays an egg in big games. Not just "gets beat" but "loses" and doesn't look very good doing it; certainly less than what you would expect given their ranking or talent and skill. It's hardly fatalistic nonsense when I'm stating historical facts.

Saying a team of players will lose because a team of players lost 20 years ago is not stating facts.

You are literally saying Iowa will lose because Iowa always loses and trying to act like that's rooted in some kind of logic.

Latest posts