#4 Iowa @ Indiana Game Day Thread

THEY ARE IN FIRST PLACE AFTER LOSING A ROAD GAME IN A SPORT WHERE THE HOME TEAM WINS 75% OF THE TIME

They are now in a 3-WAY TIE FOR 1ST PLACE WHEN THEY HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE SOLE POSSESSION OF 1ST PLACE AND VIRTUALLY ELIMINATE ONE OF THE OTHER 3.

I stand by the truth of what I said. Someone turned on the lights and things get exposed when the lights come on. Not surprised that young myopic homers remain in the dark. You're an Iowa fan; you'll see the "light" over time.;):mad:

Well, the thought of winning the B1G was nice, but now we're looking at a 3 or 4 seed in the NCAA tourney and sharing the B1G title at best. That game really ****** me off.

seriously, what's the the logic of any of this? This loss, at worse puts us at the 2 seed and we're favored in every remaining game. We'll likely be ahead of Indiana on Sunday after we beat Minnesota and they lose to Michigan State and Maryland still has two difficult road games remaining. If a loss to a 20 win team on the road puts you on the ledge like this you really suck at enjoying sports.

They are now in a 3-WAY TIE FOR 1ST PLACE WHEN THEY HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE SOLE POSSESSION OF 1ST PLACE AND VIRTUALLY ELIMINATE ONE OF THE OTHER 3.

I stand by the truth of what I said. Someone turned on the lights and things get exposed when the lights come on. Not surprised that young myopic homers remain in the dark. You're an Iowa fan; you'll see the "light" over time.;):mad:

You're a weird man.

I am seeing a lot of common thoughts..."Indiana won't shoot like that again", "They got lucky", "They played possessed and we didn't and still had a shot to win!"

I think you could substitute Maryland for Indiana and we heard the same things after that game. I think I'm just beginning to resign myself to what this team actually is...a good team that doesn't mentally have it in them to play with the big boys come late season...We might beat a team we should beat in the opening round of tournament...but I fear playing a Gonzaga type team again this year in the second round...Hawkslayer part 3.

Overall another tournament appearance and not a bad season after what we all thought would be a rebuilding year. Might finish in top 25 even!

Why do people freak out so much over missed free throws? No one in the world makes 100% of them so misses are going to happen. Some games everyone happens to make more than their average and sometimes everyone makes less than their average so the team stat for that game looks bad. If they wanted you to make every one, they would put the line 2 feet from the basket.

Well, the thought of winning the B1G was nice, but now we're looking at a 3 or 4 seed in the NCAA tourney and sharing the B1G title at best. That game really ****** me off.

That's just not an intelligent statement... Maybe if we loose 3 more reg. season games... Our worst loss of the year was tonight, on the road, in the big 10, by SEVEN. We missed 10 freethrows, shot 53.6% from the line. I don't see Iowa doing that again...

I am seeing a lot of common thoughts..."Indiana won't shoot like that again", "They got lucky", "They played possessed and we didn't and still had a shot to win!"

I think you could substitute Maryland for Indiana and we heard the same things after that game. I think I'm just beginning to resign myself to what this team actually is...a good team that doesn't mentally have it in them to play with the big boys come late season...We might beat a team we should beat in the opening round of tournament...but I fear playing a Gonzaga type team again this year in the second round...Hawkslayer part 3.

Overall another tournament appearance and not a bad season after what we all thought would be a rebuilding year. Might finish in top 25 even!

Oh good ******* god...

And about 10 teams this year said the same thing about their team when they played iowa. One thing I will guarantee you. We won't play a top 8 team in the second round this year.

the national champion will have at least 5 losses and those five losses all of those claims will be made because in basketball those things happen.

You're assuming we're still making the tournament.

Love the crazies. Makes a tough loss a little easier to swallow.

Every one needs to just chill a little. Indiana will go to Lansing Sunday and lose there and be no better off than they were at the start of tonight. They will have gained nothing regarding the standings.

Ya Uhl, didn't show up tonight. He missed two FTs and and easy putback. I thought Baer played well defensively for the most part. I've said for a while Brady isn't really a great option off the bench. Hate the lineup with no Jok and JU we keep seeing, that led to a huge IU run in the 1H.

Between the missed FTs and missed layups this was a very frustrating game. We really have to make sure the ball is in Clemmons and JUs hand when the going gets tough though, MG just cannot handle the big moment.

I think we will be fine assuming Jok is okay.

Every one needs to just chill a little. Indiana will go to Lansing Sunday and lose there and be no better off than they were at the start of tonight. They will have gained nothing regarding the standings.

My only worry is Maryland

In the Maryland game and the Indy game tonight, there were two big plays with just over a minute left. Uthoff had a 3 go down and out that would have cut it to 2 at Maryland, and tonight we had 3 chances go down and out at the same juncture of the game. If those go down, we may win one of those games... It's luck on the road. We will be fine...

Last edited:

I am so glad I am not your friend, or that you don't sit by me at work...

Hope you're all right...but I don't see it with this team...Ever since the last MSU game really...haven't been able to beat a team with a pulse on the road. I worry about the UM game big time.

Usually the teams that go deep into tourney are the same teams that were "Road Warriors" during the regular season.

Latest posts