39,500 applied for 22,000 tickets

ChosenChildren

thus far, according to the Iowa ticket office. Absolutely incredible. I'm laughing pretty hard now at some of the folks on this board who were saying that the Rose Bowl "isn't a big deal anymore" or who said that "it is a generational thing." WRONG

It's a big deal for people who want it off their bucket list.

Or have the need to reach back and satisfy some unfulfilled yearning from yester-year.

Fast forward 12 months....if the same scenario plays out, you won't be seeing this type of nonsense, especially if we win this year.

That is amazing. So at 5pm on Thursday night, there will be over 17,000 ticket requests that went unfilled...and people will be looking for tickets on the market. A lot of folks will probably throw in the towel, and I certainly woudn't blame them...but thousands won't. I find it hard to believe the open ticket market will stay this strong all the way to the end, but I am beginning to wonder. Especially since the average ticket price for the MSU Rose Bowl two years ago wound up being $678..and I think that factored in 24K per school that were sold at face value through the universities.

Or have the need to reach back and satisfy some unfulfilled yearning from yester-year.

Fast forward 12 months....if the same scenario plays out, you won't be seeing this type of nonsense, especially if we win this year.

That is a lot of bucket lists, my friend. Or maybe it is just loyal fans. Can you imagine the demand if it was one of the playoff games or the national championship game? WHAT A FAN BASE!

Can you imagine the demand if it was one of the playoff games or the national championship game? WHAT A FAN BASE!

I dont think it would be what we are seeing for this Rose Bowl. If Iowa were playing in Dallas, I could see 50K at tops, which would be fantastic. Orange, probaby 35-40K, still elite. But this Rose Bowl is probably going to wind up having the biggest demand from Iowa fans of any bowl/playoff game I am likely to see in my lifetime. Because if they ever do get to the national title game, are people going to pay for two trips, two weeks apart, that vacation time, etc? I am dubious of that

Yep....I am going to Pasadena...probably would not have gone to playoffs or title game. That's just the way it is now....what do you do....Go to semi final and not title game? Or plan title game, and potentially plan the trip in 10 days?

The rose bowl is the mecca of college football.

I Have the fingers crossed that our ticket allotment is filled if not sadly I will be probably be watching the game at home and honestly that's the last thing I want. The ticket costs have completely turned me off. I have no issues with my personal finances but for me personally There is no way I can justify spending 500$ to 1000$ for one college football ticket, seriously I have find that to be insane. We've had season tickets for 28 years!

Last edited:

"Nonsense"? WTF is wrong with you...

Oh hey, it's you again

That is a lot of bucket lists, my friend. Or maybe it is just loyal fans. Can you imagine the demand if it was one of the playoff games or the national championship game? WHAT A FAN BASE!

Yup, this is the same fan base who left Kinnick stadium with many empty seats this past season. One more subpar season and Iowa would have been playing in front of 30,000 fans next year. Good thing they bounced back this year.

Already cancelled my flights, need to cancel the hotel soon. Very disappointed I won't be able to affordable tickets.

Already cancelled my flights, need to cancel the hotel soon. Very disappointed I won't be able to affordable tickets.
Sit on someone's lap..no, The Bowl won't allow that. Have someone sit in seats for 1st half and during halftime, give the ticket stub and seat to someone else for the second half.

Last edited:
Yup, this is the same fan base who left Kinnick stadium with many empty seats this past season. One more subpar season and Iowa would have been playing in front of 30,000 fans next year. Good thing they bounced back this year.
And since we saved up all this money by not going to Iowa home games this season, we have a wad to spend on sunny Cali tickets now. Besides, I want to see CJ playing in person some more. The WDM spring practice game has been my live experience this season.

My wife of 42yrs. And I had kids at a young age and struggled raising them while we both worked.We knew someday it would pay off and we'd be able to do things that we only dreamed about before.I realize if you broke it down by how many days you're there the cost is ridiculous.We can afford it now so we're going,never been to LA or Rose Bowl.For those that can't go now hang in there you're day will come.Go Hawks

I have no idea where ticket demand will be after the rejections from the University go out, but most who weren't going to get them probably knew already since they published the cut-off point. This probably won't result in a huge increase in demand.

Sethy Sethy,,,how sad you must be..such a pessimist... Hope you grow up to be an optimist.

Hawkeye fans rejoice!! Great year..ticket prices are mindboggling...Super Bowl tickets are crazy also.

Great Iowa fans!!! Love em!! Pessimists like Seth or Step, get a life. Time for your nap sep.

My wife of 42yrs. And I had kids at a young age and struggled raising them while we both worked.We knew someday it would pay off and we'd be able to do things that we only dreamed about before.I realize if you broke it down by how many days you're there the cost is ridiculous.We can afford it now so we're going,never been to LA or Rose Bowl.For those that can't go now hang in there you're day will come.Go Hawks

It is not just a question of affordability. We can afford $650.00 a ticket but would NEVER pay that to watch a football game in person. Some would. More power to them if that is how they wish to spend their money. I always said if they ever get back to the Rose Bowl, we are going. I never envisioned it would take $2500 to go to the game.

Sethy Sethy,,,how sad you must be..such a pessimist... Hope you grow up to be an optimist.

Hawkeye fans rejoice!! Great year..ticket prices are mindboggling...Super Bowl tickets are crazy also.

Great Iowa fans!!! Love em!! Pessimists like Seth or Step, get a life. Time for your nap sep.

We paid $35. a ticket for the last Orange Bowl. Thousands of empty seats, too. Guess Iowa fans were not so great a few years ago??

Latest posts