39,500 applied for 22,000 tickets

That is amazing. So at 5pm on Thursday night, there will be over 17,000 ticket requests that went unfilled...and people will be looking for tickets on the market. A lot of folks will probably throw in the towel, and I certainly woudn't blame them...but thousands won't. I find it hard to believe the open ticket market will stay this strong all the way to the end, but I am beginning to wonder. Especially since the average ticket price for the MSU Rose Bowl two years ago wound up being $678..and I think that factored in 24K per school that were sold at face value through the universities.

Probably a few of those requests like mine which is trying to get two tickets to resell at a higher price. I can't go but wouldn't mind making a little extra cash if possible. Didn't see a downside to it believing if I got 2 tickets they would at least resell for face value at a minimum.

Anyone refusing to pay that much for tickets ever consider going to Pasadena, enjoying the experience, and tailgating or watching the game outside? A cousin of mine and his brother in law who live in Milwaukee did that when the Packers were in the Superbowl in Dallas. Set their price for what they'd spend on tickets before leaving, didn't find them for that price, and had one of the best times of their lives without ever stepping foot inside the stadium.

I simply can't take the time off, but I can guarantee if the experience meant that much to me I wouldn't let ticket prices ruin my holiday to the point I was cancelling hotel and airfare. I still think it would make for one hell of a trip.

Sounds like Iowa is trying to get more tickets and trying to fill all season ticket holders who applied. As of yesterday, 24,500 season ticket holders and I Club members applied. The rest were alumni and general public requests. I hope all the football holders get them, it wasnt easy renewing this past spring and watching tickets on the street go for 10 bucks all year.

Sounds like Iowa is trying to get more tickets and trying to fill all season ticket holders who applied. As of yesterday, 24,500 season ticket holders and I Club members applied. The rest were alumni and general public requests. I hope all the football holders get them, it wasnt easy renewing this past spring and watching tickets on the street go for 10 bucks all year.

who knew that paying full price for season tickets could actually end up saving you money. karma strikes again

Like stated earlier this morning in this thread above that Season Ticket Holders and I Club members will have priority over any Alumni or general public request, Ticket Mgr stated that those people will be out of luck getting ticket from Iowa.

Probably a few of those requests like mine which is trying to get two tickets to resell at a higher price. I can't go but wouldn't mind making a little extra cash if possible. Didn't see a downside to it believing if I got 2 tickets they would at least resell for face value at a minimum.
No downside...other than you are denying some loyal Hawk fan the chance to get tickets at face value from the University.

Although to be honest, I would probably do the same thing.

Except for Minny game. 5 minutes after kickoff of Minny game STUDENT tickets were still going for $100 outside stadium. Fact.

thus far, according to the Iowa ticket office. Absolutely incredible. I'm laughing pretty hard now at some of the folks on this board who were saying that the Rose Bowl "isn't a big deal anymore" or who said that "it is a generational thing." WRONG

Judging by the ticket prices available at other New Years six games, the Rose Bowl is the ONLY one that matters.

You can get standing room tickets at the Cotton Bowl for $50.00. Hell, you stand the whole game anyway.

Many of the other Bowl games, you can damn near go for free.

I think there is a downward trend on the ticket prices,

24 tickets available on "Ticket City" for $490.00. May continue if people wait & do not panic.

Ticket City slaps on a service charge based on the cost of the ticket. When I checked out those seats the service charge was $144/ticket, so actually $634 each.

Ticket City slaps on a service charge based on the cost of the ticket. When I checked out those seats the service charge was $144/ticket, so actually $634 each.

That is good to know.
Thanks.

Wonder how much service charge Prime Sports has on their $1325.00 tickets?

That is good to know.
Thanks.

Wonder how much service charge Prime Sports has on their $1325.00 tickets?

Service charge isn't a flat fee, it's a percentage. So if the ticket listed at $4900, the service charge would be $1440.

Nice, huh?

I'm betting a lot of the late ticket requests aren't necessarily from fans wanting to go to the game but from those trying to make a profit on tickets now that they know how pricey they are.

Service charge isn't a flat fee, it's a percentage. So if the ticket listed at $4900, the service charge would be $1440.

Nice, huh?

I'm betting a lot of the late ticket requests aren't necessarily from fans wanting to go to the game but from those trying to make a profit on tickets now that they know how pricey they are.

No doubt. And these people are scum. Especially if they have a lot of priority points due to their level of giving each year, that have no intention of going to the game.....merely to make a buck. They obviously don't "need" the money. Instead, they are going to end up taking tickets away from fans who are not as well off financially, who want to make the trip of a lifetime to see the Hawks in a Rose Bowl.

That is amazing. So at 5pm on Thursday night, there will be over 17,000 ticket requests that went unfilled...and people will be looking for tickets on the market. A lot of folks will probably throw in the towel, and I certainly woudn't blame them...but thousands won't. I find it hard to believe the open ticket market will stay this strong all the way to the end, but I am beginning to wonder. Especially since the average ticket price for the MSU Rose Bowl two years ago wound up being $678..and I think that factored in 24K per school that were sold at face value through the universities.

This is misleading. Every season ticket holders and I club member I know placed large requests for additional tickets with their allotment request. If they get additional tickets, they will sell them to friends and family at face value or put them on stub hub. If they don't get them, those same friends and families will decide not to go.

No doubt. And these people are scum. Especially if they have a lot of priority points due to their level of giving each year, that have no intention of going to the game.....merely to make a buck. They obviously don't "need" the money. Instead, they are going to end up taking tickets away from fans who are not as well off financially, who want to make the trip of a lifetime to see the Hawks in a Rose Bowl.
The people who have donated a lot of money to the program, and are therefore in a position to get Rose Bowl tickets, have earned the right to do whatever they want with those tickets.

Also, face for end zone seats, plus fees, is a little under $200. You can get a ticket for $500-600 now on the secondary market. So an extra $300 or so per ticket. That seems like a very small price to pay for what you rightly describe as a once in a lifetime trip. All of these "I want to go but it's too expensive for tickets" posts are getting ridiculous. We're talking an extra $300 per ticket on the secondary market, not $3,000.

The people who have donated a lot of money to the program, and are therefore in a position to get Rose Bowl tickets, have earned the right to do whatever they want with those tickets.

Also, face for end zone seats, plus fees, is a little under $200. You can get a ticket for $500-600 now on the secondary market. So an extra $300 or so per ticket. That seems like a very small price to pay for what you rightly describe as a once in a lifetime trip. All of these "I want to go but it's too expensive for tickets" posts are getting ridiculous. We're talking an extra $300 per ticket on the secondary market, not $3,000.

That's all well and good....if you have money to burn. I would be going with my brother....who is retired and can only spend up to a certain amount.

But yes, money talks and loyalty can walk. We must make sure the big money folks can buy up all the tickets so they can resell most of them for a profit.

I just want tickets for under $600 that aren't the worst seats in the house. Sigh.

Only big money donors are entitled to those. You are going to have to "pay up" if you want to go. The big money folks need to make a profit when they resell their tickets......don't be so greedy.

Only big money donors are entitled to those. You are going to have to "pay up" if you want to go. The big money folks need to make a profit when they resell their tickets......don't be so greedy.
Many were predicting that the Rose was a decent possibility as early as October. At that time, you and everyone else could have bought tickets for face on ticketmaster. I know many people who did this.

Now, the people who missed that opportunity, and who also apparently haven't donated enough, are now complaining that those who did are somehow unfairly advantaged in this process. My goodness.

It's a Harsh Truth!

Latest posts