2nd Annual Cy-Hawk Team (Combined Roster Starters)

Whats realistic, to think ISU is still in the Walden and Chizik days?

Last year was a great progress year for ISU, no doubt, but don't sit there acting like 5 wins over two seasons isn't just a season removed. I'm an ISU fan, but this is no time to be cocky...

Last year was a great progress year for ISU, no doubt, but don't sit there acting like 5 wins over two seasons isn't just a season removed. I'm an ISU fan, but this is no time to be cocky...
Im not cocky, the future is bright for both schools at least we can agrue now unlike under Gene Chizik. I mean its not often a first year head coach goes to a bowl game or wins more than one game, right Hawk fans ;).

Whats realistic, to think ISU is still in the Walden and Chizik days?

I would say realistic fans have ISU finishing either 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5. Any of these scenarios is realistic provided that ISU gets the breaks (ie Nebraska) that you mentioned above. However, no fan that I saw over there had ISU beating Texas and/or OU.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you guys are complaining about regarding his posts. I've clearly fixed the spelling errors in his posts and they make a ton of sense. I've clearly posted the revised ISU4LYF posts, minus the grammatical errors for your viewing pleasure.

Originally Posted by ISU4LYF
Go take a poll on this above stat about your known "ISU fans." This super bowl thing is just an issue with clown fans, Williams has brought this up several times on his twilight websites. Like he said, many ISU fans were sitting in their own urine thinking wow I wish we woulda beat Iowa, ego's; gotta have none to be a clown fan. I would take a win over UNI this year.

Originally Posted by ISU4LYF
ISU will play Texas though, comes down to 100 points, ISU will be given no shot and thats obvious, I actually think ISU can win that game if they catch some breaks, and by breaks I mean Texas gets in a plane crash on the way to Ames. no McCoy, Shipley, no that is irrelevant. As for Iowa, no, they are a legit NC team.

I would say realistic fans have ISU finishing either 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5. Any of these scenarios is realistic provided that ISU gets the breaks (ie Nebraska) that you mentioned above. However, no fan that I saw over there had ISU beating Texas and/or OU.

And before you go all, "But we're playing in Ames" let me ask you this... When was the last time ANYONE said "one of the toughest places to play is @ Jack Trice?"

But they're not. Both games are away at UT and OU.

And before you go all, "But we're playing in Ames" let me ask you this... When was the last time ANYONE said "one of the toughest places to play is @ Jack Trice?"
Actually his name is Gary Pinkel and he thinks Jack Trice is harder than hell to play at in November.

Last edited:
Actually his name is Gary Pinkel and he think Jack Trice is harder than hell to play at in November.

Do you have a quote or a linkable source or is this made up in your head like your "ISU finishing in the Top 25 in Scoring Defense last season" you posted earlier?

They were at one point last year.

That's fine, they MAY have been, but you implied that they FINISHED the season inside the Top 25. Here's the exchange in case you forgot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J10Hawk
Sash could go to the NFL after this year. he's a 2nd team all american as a sophomore. Greenwood has been nothing but exceptional on one of the best defenses in the nation. Sims has been good on one of the worst defenses in the nation. 88 tackles playing behind a d-line and linebacking corps that cant tackle and 5 picks in a pass happy league... he's still not Sash. I'd still take Greenwood

Once again, terrible posts with little stats, must be a HN thing. ISU was 43rd in total defense and in the top 25 in scoring defense.

Like I said earlier, I can play this game all day long.

Im not cocky, the future is bright for both schools at least we can agrue now unlike under Gene Chizik. I mean its not often a first year head coach goes to a bowl game or wins more than one game, right Hawk fans ;).

Seriously bro. You are too drunk on the kool aid to continue posting. Yes, Rhoads did great in his first season as HC but lets see what he does over the next 5-10 years. Beating the likes of:
North Dakota State
Kent State
Army
Baylor
Nebraska
Colorado
Minny
The only quality win on that list is Nebraska.

I'll tell you what, come back in 10 years and if ISU has 2 conference titles, 2 BCS bowl appearances, 1 BCS bowl win, 4 top 10 finishes, 5 seasons with 9+ wins then you can talk about 1st year accomplishments, until then shut up.

I'll tell you what, come back in 10 years and if ISU has 2 conference titles, 2 BCS bowl appearances, 1 BCS bowl win, 4 top 10 finishes, 5 seasons with 9+ wins then you can talk about 1st year accomplishments, until then shut up.

Why do you guys even pay attention to him? Just let him ride the short bus all the way back to UNI.

so basically your only complaint about the team jon and deace put together is that you think one of your defensive players should be above greenwood because of his body and what he COULD do this year?

Latest posts